Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixed!!! Request for a picuntu wifi driver...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixed!!! Request for a picuntu wifi driver...

Fixed, went into the deep and compiled them...

Kind request to all,
    Trying to set-up picuntu on my MK802iiis and i face networking problems.

Internal wifi MK5931 is not supported. I have 2 additional usb adapters, 1 with RTL8188CU chipset and 1 with the VIA VT6656 (both not recognized). From reading i believe my best bet would be to get the RTL8188CU stick working.

So far, i was unable to locate a working set of "recovery-modules-sdimage".

No offense for the developers, bus the releases of picuntu so far are a bit sloppy.
    One can get various versions of recoveries - module packs - sdimages, like 3.0.8+ 3.0.8-alok, 3.0.8-alok+, 3.0.36+, but you cannot mix them, so i exhausted all searching options and cannot find a single SET of "kernel+modules" to support what i have.

I have little experience in Linux, and making it work from the command line proved quite a headache for me.

So far i have got Homeio-RC1 sdimage with a 3.0.36+ recovery and modules working fine, with full linux GUI, except no networking.

From reading i see 8712u and rtl8192cu drivers should also work, so PLEASE can anyone point me to a compiled rtl8192cu.ko or a 8712u.ko for the 3.0.36+ kernel version?
    Please correct me if any of the drivers is embedded in the picuntu 3.0.36+ kernel (i have no clue) and help me enable it.

Thanks in advance, Asxetos...
    Last edited by Asxetos; 07-31-2013, 09:35. Reason: Fixed...

Hi Asxetos!

Can you give steps or instructions on how did you fixed your wifi? I am totally noob. I want to fix my wifi too. Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X