picuntu and rikomagic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

picuntu and rikomagic

What is going on with picuntu the site is down for couple of days (a week maybe)? Can it be connected with rikomagic using it on theirs new sticks?

picuntu was my hope for my cx-919 since i want to mainly use it for video monitoring with a webcam and so far my webcam (which works great under linux) doesn't work with the finless rom I'm using. Maybe another rom can help but it looks like a jungle to me. People are taking one rom with someone else's kernel etc.

What is the best rom so far for cx-919 (i don't care about video playback, only webcam and wifi)?
    Is the finless 1.5 coming soon ?

up ?

Comment

Picuntu page works for me: http://home.g8.net/
      Are we talking about the same page?

BTW since picuntu doesn't have GPU acceleration, I'm not sure it will be good for you...

Comment

yes page loads fine from couple of weeks but still says "PicUntu - 4.4 is coming soon.." which I doubt will change.

I don't need gpu acceleration since i'll be streaming the video (no playback) so vlc/v4l is all i need (or even some console thing or even skype/hangout)

I played with couple of roms/kernels and most i was able to get is msg in dmesg that camera is recognized (v4l) but the there were some permissions errors (not sure if connected with the camera)

There is this guy who runs ubuntu on such sticks but there isn't very clear howto (it is scattered all around the place) and while i was compiling lots of kernels in the suse/slackware era now with ubuntu/debian haven't done in years.

Comment

Originally posted by pivanov View Post
          yes page loads fine from couple of weeks but still says "PicUntu - 4.4 is coming soon.." which I doubt will change.

I don't need gpu acceleration since i'll be streaming the video (no playback) so vlc/v4l is all i need (or even some console thing or even skype/hangout)

I played with couple of roms/kernels and most i was able to get is msg in dmesg that camera is recognized (v4l) but the there were some permissions errors (not sure if connected with the camera)

There is this guy who runs ubuntu on such sticks but there isn't very clear howto (it is scattered all around the place) and while i was compiling lots of kernels in the suse/slackware era now with ubuntu/debian haven't done in years.
          Hi. Check out this plse

Comment

I wasn't aware of the subsection and I guess I own an apology.

Mods please close the thread

Comment

Working...
            X