No announcement yet.

Linux for RK3188 based TV boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Are you sure, that "Framebuffer Console Support" is set as module in your kernel
    2. Did you copy your version of above mentioned .ko files into initrd image?
    e.g. you need to unpack cpio image, copy files inside, and re-pack it

Comment

1) Pretty sure
      Code:
      #
      # Console display driver support
      #
      CONFIG_DUMMY_CONSOLE=y
      CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE=m
      # CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE_DETECT_PRIMARY is not set
      # CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE_ROTATION is not set
      # CONFIG_FONTS is not set
      2) You said -eventually- Didn't think that meant I had to do it now lol
      I'll try that
      Buy me a beer with
      DogeCoin: D6EeoEKcZJL234UhVFRV8Uy6HnfNurBS2y
      or
      BitCoin 17iQsUv7RoWVmDynfBS9qF88NxT4ETvhUn

Comment

Well CPIO was fun to learn... but still no dice.
        Still drops out to -no signal- on my display

I dont think it has anything to do with my initrd setup, i think it has t do with the display drivers the MK908 is using vs what the T428,etc are using.
        Buy me a beer with
        or

Comment

I see 2 possible problems
          1. Cross compile didn't work, as I expected and kernel crashes during boot
          2. Kernel needs different configuration in order to work.

For 1, solution is to try with different toolchain, or if you have another armhf based device(like rk3066 tv stick) try to compile with native linux, or I can compile it for you, but this is worst option, because of time difference.
          For 2, if kernel boots, but doesn't display anything, you could prepare rootfs with ssh and try to login via network, then compare android's dmesg with linux dmesg, btw, you could send me android's dmesg to compare it with config. Easiest way to prepare rootfs is on another armhf based device, or probably qemu (not sure for that).

Comment

Cross-compile should have no problem - aptitude install gcc-4.7-arm-linux-gnueabihf && CONFIG_CROSS_COMPILE="arm-linux-gnueabi-" in .config && make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- ...

Comment

mm123: Im pretty sure its #2. My device only has wireless (no NIC port, etc) how would I log in over ssh if I couldnt log into my network? What country are you in :P

Linuxium: I ran arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -v and it gave me this:
              Code:
               arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -v
              Using built-in specs.
              COLLECT_GCC=arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc
              COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.6/lto-wrapper
              Target: arm-linux-gnueabihf
              Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.6/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=-4.6 --enable-shared --enable-linker-build-id --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/arm-linux-gnueabihf/include/c++/4.6.3 --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-nls --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes --enable-gnu-unique-object --enable-plugin --enable-objc-gc --enable-multilib --disable-sjlj-exceptions --with-arch=armv7-a --with-float=hard --with-fpu=vfpv3-d16 --with-mode=thumb --disable-werror --enable-checking=release --build=i686-linux-gnu --host=i686-linux-gnu --target=arm-linux-gnueabihf --program-prefix=arm-linux-gnueabihf- --includedir=/usr/arm-linux-gnueabihf/include --with-headers=/usr/arm-linux-gnueabihf/include --with-libs=/usr/arm-linux-gnueabihf/lib
              Thread model: posix
              gcc version 4.6.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5)
              Its not 4.7 but 4.6.3, would that still be okay?

Would compiling Omegamoons mk908 kernel: https://github.com/omegamoon/rockchip-rk3188-mk908 and sticking it in a recovery image with an initrd work?
              Last edited by tyeo098; 09-27-2013, 15:04.
              Buy me a beer with
              or

Comment

i've got the same problem. just a black screen with no picture signal

Comment

Originally posted by tyeo098 View Post
                  mm123: Im pretty sure its #2. My device only has wireless (no NIC port, etc) how would I log in over ssh if I couldnt log into my network? What country are you in :P

Linuxium: I ran arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -v and it gave me this:
                  Code:
                  Using built-in specs.
                  COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.6/lto-wrapper
                  Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.6/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=-4.6 --enable-shared --enable-linker-build-id --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/arm-linux-gnueabihf/include/c++/4.6.3 --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-nls --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes --enable-gnu-unique-object --enable-plugin --enable-objc-gc --enable-multilib --disable-sjlj-exceptions --with-arch=armv7-a --with-float=hard --with-fpu=vfpv3-d16 --with-mode=thumb --disable-werror --enable-checking=release --build=i686-linux-gnu --host=i686-linux-gnu --target=arm-linux-gnueabihf --program-prefix=arm-linux-gnueabihf- --includedir=/usr/arm-linux-gnueabihf/include --with-headers=/usr/arm-linux-gnueabihf/include --with-libs=/usr/arm-linux-gnueabihf/lib
                  gcc version 4.6.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5)
                  Its not 4.7 but 4.6.3, would that still be okay?

Would compiling Omegamoons mk908 kernel: https://github.com/omegamoon/rockchip-rk3188-mk908 and sticking it in a recovery image with an initrd work?
                  Should be okay. 4.7 is from my 64bit machine:
                  Using built-in specs.
                  COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc-cross/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.7/lto-wrapper
                  Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.3-1ubuntu1' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.7/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,c++,go,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=-4.7 --enable-shared --enable-linker-build-id --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/arm-linux-gnueabihf/include/c++/4.7.3 --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-nls --with-sysroot=/ --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes --enable-gnu-unique-object --disable-libitm --enable-plugin --with-system-zlib --enable-objc-gc --with-cloog --enable-cloog-backend=ppl --disable-cloog-version-check --disable-ppl-version-check --enable-multiarch --enable-multilib --disable-sjlj-exceptions --with-arch=armv7-a --with-fpu=vfpv3-d16 --with-float=hard --with-mode=thumb --disable-werror --enable-checking=release --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --target=arm-linux-gnueabihf --program-prefix=arm-linux-gnueabihf- --includedir=/usr/arm-linux-gnueabihf/include
                  gcc version 4.7.3 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.3-1ubuntu1)

Comment

Compiling Omegamoon's specific 'mk908' kernel with the initrd that mm123 provided using the command:
                    Code:
                    ../mytools/mkbootimg --kernel arch/arm/boot/Image --ramdisk ../initramfs/recovery_initd.cpio --pagesize 16384 --ramdiskaddr 62000000 -o  recovinitrd-mk908spec.img
                    Produced a live recovery image than when booted, displays the 'GoogleTV' logo then dies and reboots in to android.

At least I'm getting something on the screen.

Files located here: http://tyleryeomans.com/rk/omoon/
                    Buy me a beer with
                    or

Comment

Nevermind lol this post contained incorrect information.
                      Buy me a beer with
                      or

Comment

Would you please run dmesg in android, and copy& paste lines containing "DDR" and "lcdc"
                        something like this:
                        [ 0.000000] DDR DEBUG: init success!!! freq=396MHz
                        [ 0.196724] lcdc0 is used as external display device contoller!
                        [ 0.196770] lcdc1 is used as primary display device controller!

Comment

Originally posted by linuxium View Post
                          Should be okay. 4.7 is from my 64bit machine:
                          Yes, it probably works with ubuntu, but I am more like debian fan

Comment

Originally posted by mmm123 View Post
                            Would you please run dmesg in android, and copy& paste lines containing "DDR" and "lcdc"
                            something like this:
                            [ 0.000000] DDR DEBUG: init success!!! freq=396MHz
                            [ 0.196724] lcdc0 is used as external display device contoller!
                            [ 0.196770] lcdc1 is used as primary display device controller!
                            Entire file:

<4>[ 0.000000] DDR DEBUG: init success!!! freq=396MHz
                            <6>[ 0.291350] lcdc0 is used as primary display device contoller!
                            <6>[ 0.297863] warning:lcdc1 not add to system!

I hear its terminal :P
                            Buy me a beer with
                            or

Comment

Ok, building the initramfs.cpio into the kernel and using fakeramdisk results in the same issue.

GoogleTV logo for 5 seconds then reboot to android.

Could it be an issue with my initramfs?

How do I get rid of the google logo and see some gosh-darned text!
                              Last edited by tyeo098; 09-27-2013, 17:03.
                              Buy me a beer with
                              or

Comment

Originally posted by mmm123 View Post
                                LOL, Ubuntu is Debian with extras

Comment

Working...
                                X