Linux for RK3188 based TV boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAC address from IDB

Now I am trying to use fixed MAC address from IDB.
    Already complied with CONFIG_ETH_MAC_FROM_IDB=y
    [ 11.209373] enter func vmac_open...
    [ 11.212473] power on phy
    [ 12.253384] Read the Ethernet MAC address from IDB:00:00:00:00:00:00
    [ 12.266050] eth_mac_from_RANDOM***********:A:14:56:5D:80:0
    [ 12.308011] vmac_mii_bus: probed
    [ 12.308279] rk29 vmac rk29 vmac.0: PHY driver [Generic PHY] (mii_bushy_addr=0:00, irq=-1)
    [ 12.322704] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth0: link is not ready
    [ 14.303648] PHY: 0:00 - Link is Down
    [ 15.315932] PHY: 0:00 - Link is Up - 100/Full
    [ 15.330368] ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready

After grep the code, the MAC address is last 6 bytes of SN sector (512 bytes). Where is the SN sector?

Comment

Originally posted by _j3 View Post
      Thanks to aibohraz & mmm123, my ethernet is working now. The steps
      1. Use code from https://github.com/linux-rockchip/rockchip-3.0
      2. Use config from mmm123: config.1.1.1 (post #71)
      3. Use option RK29_VMAC_EXT_CLK (not RK29_VMAC_PLL_CLK)
      4. Replace kernel.img in dx05_nand_debian_1.1.1.7z
      Would you mind to share your working kernel.
      Struggling as well to get the ethernet working

Comment

You can try my images if you like.
        Upload and share easily very large files with your friends. Registration is not required. Upload your files and send the retrieval link to your friends. This sharing service is FREE

Comment

K-R42 Access Point working hostapd and wpa_supplicant

If someone wants to set up an access point, you'll need a custom hostapd and wpa_supplicant from Realtek

Here are binaries and source I used
          Upload and share easily very large files with your friends. Registration is not required. Upload your files and send the retrieval link to your friends. This sharing service is FREE

edit:
          my hostapd.conf http://pastebin.com/RghCs7Ne
          found this repo https://github.com/jenssegers/RTL8188-hostapd hostapd source are same, with slight changes in wpa_supplicant. I'm on it now. binaries http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id...611696e11b35f1
          Last edited by aibohraz; 04-27-2014, 15:00.

Comment

Currently I have two flaws with my box:
            1. Sound with noises using av-out and hdmi. (In android it works fine). Can anyone else confirm? I'm on usb audio for now.
            2. No mainline linux kernel support.

Also wish it to have a rp-sma detachable antenna. %) Not a real problem, there is a micro connector inside.

Comment

here is newer 8188eu https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8188eu
              if you don't get .ko file after make, you may need to modify Makefile
              Code:
              diff -ru rtl8188eu-master/Makefile rtl8188eu-master-patched/Makefile
              --- rtl8188eu-master/Makefile   2014-04-18 10:21:08.000000000 +0400
              +++ rtl8188eu-master-patched/Makefile   2014-05-08 22:34:08.619291410 +0400
              @@ -134,7 +134,7 @@

8188eu-y += $(_OS_INTFS_FILES)

-obj-$(CONFIG_RTL8188EU) := 8188eu.o
              +obj-m := 8188eu.o

else
              8188eu.ko http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id...dac9dee0c5babb
              copy rtl8188eufw.bin to /lib/firmware/rtlwifi/
              Last edited by aibohraz; 05-08-2014, 19:37.

Comment

skype on rk3188

I apologize if this post doesn't quite belong here, or had been answered elswhere. Nevertheless, with mali 3D support available, linux on rk3188 boards is gradually coming out of age, and I thought many would be interested whether it will ever become possible to run skype on it. Personally, I now have just about everything else I would normally use on my desktop. Here is an interesting link I've recently came across:

Comment

will this work on a MK809III too?

Comment

SD Card booting without flashing your device...

Hi mmm123,

a long time ago...

Now I tried to use

=> sdboot_rk3188.img: http://androtab.info/radxa_rock/sdboot/
                    with/via linuxiums script

=> https://plus.google.com/+IanMORRISON/posts/TTXkb7pX7SG
                    ==> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99...MtNGVHMkk/edit

1. I used your 'dx05_nand_debian_1.1.1.7z' (parameter (rkcrc), kernel.img, boot.img and debian.img (rootfs.img)) without success...

2. Then I used the kernel.img and boot.img from your 'dx05_sd_linux_1.1.1.7z' (dd) and also done a
                    sudo tune2fs -L linuxroot /dev/sdb1

also without success...

any ideas or tips?

Greetings
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

You drives me creasy

I also have to rkcrc (-k) your kernel and boot (maybe only the kernel but used it for both)...

Actually I use them from your SD version and have a prompt...
                      Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 01-31-2015, 22:42.
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Ok, no way to mout the RFS with one of your boot.img (nand/sd/recovery... I also edited the init to get at ROOT the /dev/mmcblk0p1 but there are problems with the mount (maybe because of the rk30xxnand_ko.ko)) so I took linuxiums build:
                        Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

=> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99...npXdTZYUjhOX1U
                        (you also should have a look athttps://plus.google.com/+IanMORRISON/posts/TTXkb7pX7SG => https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99...3V0UHBwa1J4enM)
                        (sudo dd if=/dev/sda of=SD81921.img bs=512 count=81921)
                        (his boot.img (inside this dump) is e.g. without rk30xxnand_ko.ko, it's really minimalistic...)

and replaced the kernel with one of yours (nand-version)
                        Code:
                        sudo ./rkcrc -k kernel.img kernel.img.crc
                        sudo dd if=kernel.img.crc of=/dev/sda conv=sync,fsync seek=$((0x2000+0x4000))
                        Next step I will try to use e.g. your debian RFS...
                        Code:
                        mkdir ~/img
                        mkdir ~/SD_part
                        sudo mount -o loop rootfs.img ~/img 
                        sudo mount -t ext4 /dev/sda1 ~/SD_part
                        sudo cp -r -a ~/img/* ~/SD_part
                        sudo umount ~/SD_part 
                        sudo umount ~/img
                        ... we will see
                        Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 02-01-2015, 11:26.
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                          Ok, no way to mout the RFS with one of your boot.img (nand/sd/recovery... I also edited the init to get at ROOT the /dev/mmcblk0p1 but there are problems with the mount (maybe because of the rk30xxnand_ko.ko)) so I took linuxiums build:
                          Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

=> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99...npXdTZYUjhOX1U
                          (you also should have a look athttps://plus.google.com/+IanMORRISON/posts/TTXkb7pX7SG => https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B99...3V0UHBwa1J4enM)
                          (sudo dd if=/dev/sda of=SD81921.img bs=512 count=81921)
                          (his boot.img (inside this dump) is e.g. without rk30xxnand_ko.ko, it's really minimalistic...)

and replaced the kernel with one of yours (nand-version)
                          Code:
                          sudo ./rkcrc -k kernel.img kernel.img.crc
                          sudo dd if=kernel.img.crc of=/dev/sda conv=sync,fsync seek=$((0x2000+0x4000))
                          Next step I will try to use e.g. your debian RFS...
                          Code:
                          mkdir ~/img
                          mkdir ~/SD_part
                          sudo mount -o loop rootfs.img ~/img 
                          sudo mount -t ext4 /dev/sda1 ~/SD_part
                          sudo cp -r -a ~/img/* ~/SD_part
                          sudo umount ~/SD_part 
                          sudo umount ~/img
                          ... we will see
                          I haven't used this device for long time, but it looks really simple what you need to do
                          Get image which boots from SD card (not NAND - NAND is internal device flash and we are making bootable SD card)
                          Unpack my image with rk_kitchen, you will get kernel.img. boot.img, rootfs.img and parameter.
                          use parameter, kernel.img and boot.img with scrip provided from other post. It will create bootable image.
                          This bootable image won't contain rootfs. So next step is to write bootable image to SD card. Then use fdisk to create root partition on that sd card.
                          After that, you can either dd my root partition (rootfs) or create new one - with mkfs. If you create it by yourself, make sure you label it linuxroot, and copy (with tar -p -s ) from my rootfs.
                          Alternatively you can use debotstrap to create it from scratch, but it is little tricky - you still need to copy modules, create password for root, etc. Don't recommend it if you haven't done it before.

Comment

Originally posted by mmm123 View Post
                            :
                            Get image which boots from SD card (not NAND - NAND is internal device flash and we are making bootable SD card)
                            :
                            That's what I tried and also have to rkcrc them, but, maybe because of the rk30xxnand_ko.ko, I got many
                            Code:
                            FlashReadRetry error!!,row =
                            and the mount of the linuxroot doesn't work (something like "error reading super-block at ext4" or so on...)
                            I also rebuild your boot.img with another busybox and also get some error because of the *nand_ko.ko if I try to mount the /dev/mmcblk0p1 manualy...

Anyway, with the boot.img from linuxium which doesn't use the *nand_ko.ko everything is fine...
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Well I know this is quite old. But i am really interested in those Linux (debian) images. unfortunately the links are dead. Maybe someone has another link. thanks

Comment

What version of Ubuntu is it in the first post?
                                I'm looking to do this to run plex

Comment

Working...
                                X