Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PicUntu - 4.4 Rootfile system

Dear Friends,

After a long break - please find PicUntu 4.4 RootFile system.

This filesystem has been created from scratch and is a derivative of Ubuntu 13.04.

This will work pretty much with any kernels that are available on 3066/3188. The image is about 349MB and sits nicely in a 2GB SD card.

This has a GUI (you can choose LXDE and or Xfce4)

Installation instruction (use a Linux System)

1. Download from here (save it at a location, let's say /tmp)
    2. Mount your SD card - and like usual make a partition in ext4, with a label "linuxroot"
    3. Mount it (lets say you mounted it under /media/linuxroot)
    4. Untar the file
    Code:
    tar -xzf /tmp/[URL="http://www.g8.net/download/picuntu-4-4.tgz"]picuntu-4-4.tgz[/URL] -C /media/linuxroot/
    5. This will take some time, it will take longer time
    Code:
     sync
    6. Once you are done. Eject the SD card and it is ready to be inserted into your PC Stick

Now boot your PC stick (with this SD card inserted) and if your kernel is fine you should be greeted with a GUI login screen.

We will be releasing kernels shortly (work in progress specially on the WiFi.)

Login Id: picuntu
    Password: 12qwaszx (please change immediately after logging in)

Things to do
    After working on this, we have found the following things still needs to be added.
    1. Add ntpdate
    2. change time server in /etc/ntp to pool.ntp.org
    3 install samba common, cllient, server, cifs-utils
    4. Install p7zip-full rar arj lha

What you can do with it

You can also install a full version of ubuntu by typing
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop

Let me know, if you face any problems.

Alok

Re: PicUntu - 4.4 Rootfile system

Like always a great work, thanks.

I will try it when I have some free time, and I will try to make a kernel for the qx1. Thanks again for your work.

leolas
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Thanks!

Many thanks for this great news to all members of Picuntu development team!!!
      Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post
        Dear Friends,

This filesystem has been created from scratch and is a derivative of Ubuntu 13.04.

This will work pretty much with any kernels that are available on 3066/3188. The image is about 349MB and sits nicely in a 2GB SD card.

This has a GUI (you can choose LXDE and or Xfce4)

Installation instruction (use a Linux System)

1. Download from here (save it at a location, let's say /tmp)
        2. Mount your SD card - and like usual make a partition in ext4, with a label "linuxroot"
        3. Mount it (lets say you mounted it under /media/linuxroot)
        4. Untar the file
        Code:
        tar -xzf /tmp/[URL="http://www.g8.net/download/picuntu-4-4.tgz"]picuntu-4-4.tgz[/URL] -C /media/linuxroot/
        5. This will take some time, it will take longer time
        Code:
         sync
        6. Once you are done. Eject the SD card and it is ready to be inserted into your PC Stick

Now boot your PC stick (with this SD card inserted) and if your kernel is fine you should be greeted with a GUI login screen.

We will be releasing kernels shortly (work in progress specially on the WiFi.)

Login Id: picuntu
        Password: 12qwaszx (please change immediately after logging in)

Things to do
        After working on this, we have found the following things still needs to be added.
        1. Add ntpdate

What you can do with it

You can also install a full version of ubuntu by typing
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop

Alok
        what about hardware decode of video on picuntu and xbmc ?

Comment

Hi aloksinha2001 and others, I install the image picuntu 4.4 in the SDCARD.

I followed the tutorial, label "linux root" ext4 ...

But I have a problem when I insert the SDCARD in the tronsmart T428, the SDCARD is damaged.

I tried several methods, ext2 same problem.

I try with sdcard (sandisk 8 gb x4) and (intenso 32 gb x10) same problem.

someone at the answer, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin1980 View Post
            Hi aloksinha2001 and others, I install the image picuntu 4.4 in the SDCARD.

I followed the tutorial, label "linux root" ext4 ...

But I have a problem when I insert the SDCARD in the tronsmart T428, the SDCARD is damaged.

I tried several methods, ext2 same problem.

I try with sdcard (sandisk 8 gb x4) and (intenso 32 gb x10) same problem.

someone at the answer, thank you.
            did you put a kernel ? also linuxroot is single word

Comment

Hi Pivanov, thank you to answer me.

I use the ROM of lewy20041 (T428_HFW_1.2.0_Final_720p) android 4.2.2

Kernel is phjanderson "kernel_t428_phja_20130802_vsf_ocl_720.img"

1) umount / dev/sdc1
              OK
              -----------------------------------
              2) L-mkfs.ext4 linuxroot / dev/sdc1
              OK
              3) tar-xzf / tmp/picuntu-4-4.tgz-C / media / linuxroot /
              OK

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------
              But when I insert the Tronsmart on TV, it boot on android.

He says that the sdcard is damaged.

Tested with several SDCARD, always (SDCARD is damaged,)

Comment

recovery image

Originally posted by Moulin1980 View Post
                Hi Pivanov, thank you to answer me.

I use the ROM of lewy20041 (T428_HFW_1.2.0_Final_720p) android 4.2.2

Kernel is phjanderson "kernel_t428_phja_20130802_vsf_ocl_720.img"

1) umount / dev/sdc1
                OK
                2) L-mkfs.ext4 linuxroot / dev/sdc1
                OK
                3) tar-xzf / tmp/picuntu-4-4.tgz-C / media / linuxroot /
                OK

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------
                But when I insert the Tronsmart on TV, it boot on android.

He says that the sdcard is damaged.

Tested with several SDCARD, always (SDCARD is damaged,)
                What I think Pivanov meant was: did you flash rk3188-linux "recovery.img"?
                Most roms don't read ext4 formats, hence the message "damaged sd card"

Comment

2 issues

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post
                  Dear Friends,

Things to do
                  1. Add ntpdate

Alok
                  Dear Alok,
                  I don't want to bother knowing how busy you must be, nevertheless, at least one of the two issues I am reporting might be relevant:
                  1) cannot mount external usb hdd (the icon is on the desktop but cannot be mounted, reports some error which has to do with "fuse" - I did install all "to do" things as you suggested and added picuntu user to adm. It is also reporting some /lib/modules error (not found, I think)
                  2) networking is working (apt-get, synaptic) but I cannot access the internet in browsers (firefox, chrome - server not found, something to do with dns, I think). I have mk908 (not v3), use recovery image provided by mmm123, and usb lan adapter Ralink (ASIX). This browser issue persists on the 12.04 roofs I created with debootstrap and where I installed ubuntu-desktop with unity. So I guess it is probably kernel related, not rfs?
                  Many thanks,
                  Goran

Comment

Originally posted by sevo1984 View Post
                    Dear Alok,
                    I don't want to bother knowing how busy you must be, nevertheless, at least one of the two issues I am reporting might be relevant:
                    1) cannot mount external usb hdd (the icon is on the desktop but cannot be mounted, reports some error which has to do with "fuse" - I did install all "to do" things as you suggested and added picuntu user to adm. It is also reporting some /lib/modules error (not found, I think)
                    2) networking is working (apt-get, synaptic) but I cannot access the internet in browsers (firefox, chrome - server not found, something to do with dns, I think). I have mk908 (not v3), use recovery image provided by mmm123, and usb lan adapter Ralink (ASIX). This browser issue persists on the 12.04 roofs I created with debootstrap and where I installed ubuntu-desktop with unity. So I guess it is probably kernel related, not rfs?
                    Many thanks,
                    Goran
                    You probably need to install modules. They are in http://data.a41z.net/X9fG54/dx05_sd_linux_1.1.1.7z inside archive there is "dx05_sd_linux_1.1.0_modules.tgz"
                    copy this file to /lib/modules and extract it (tar xfz dx05_sd_linux_1.1.0_modules.tgz)
                    after that fuse and other modules will be available

Comment

thanks!

Originally posted by mmm123 View Post
                      You probably need to install modules. They are in http://data.a41z.net/X9fG54/dx05_sd_linux_1.1.1.7z inside archive there is "dx05_sd_linux_1.1.0_modules.tgz"
                      copy this file to /lib/modules and extract it (tar xfz dx05_sd_linux_1.1.0_modules.tgz)
                      after that fuse and other modules will be available
                      Thanks mmm123. I've already done that with other rfs that I made (debootstraped ubuntu 12.04 which I copied to microsd and installed ubuntu desktop with unity). Also did depmod -a there. Strangely, exactlty the same thing happans.
                      sudo dhclient eht1 returns error: RTNETLINK says: file exists
                      tried all sorts of combinations bringing eth0 and eth1 interfaces up and down, edited /etc/network/interfaces - all the same.
                      Mind you, I am an average user, so might have messed something up Thanks again!
                      P.S. I was reluctant to play any further with picuntu 4.4 rfs before Alok released his modules, just in case.

Comment

Thanks mmm123. I've already done that with other rfs that I made (debootstraped ubuntu 12.04 which I copied to microsd and installed ubuntu desktop with unity). Also did depmod -a there. Strangely, exactlty the same thing happans.
                        sudo dhclient eht1 returns error: RTNETLINK says: file exists
                        tried all sorts of combinations bringing eth0 and eth1 interfaces up and down, edited /etc/network/interfaces - all the same.
                        Mind you, I am an average user, so might have messed something up Thanks again!
                        P.S. I was reluctant to play any further with picuntu 4.4 rfs before Alok released his modules, just in case.
                        Do you run 1.1.0 recovery or 1.1.1? The only difference between them is "paranoid android network option"m which might be the problem in your case.
                        Also are you sure correct interface is eth1?, not eth0 or eth2 or something else?
                        And finaly you can always configure ip address manualy, and put some dns in /etc/resolv.conf
                        Another thing, i didn't try picunty yet, but it might be running networkmanager, try to stop it if you want to run dhclient manualy.
                        Or just configure network from gui

Comment

you were right

Originally posted by mmm123 View Post
                          Do you run 1.1.0 recovery or 1.1.1? The only difference between them is "paranoid android network option"m which might be the problem in your case.
                          Also are you sure correct interface is eth1?, not eth0 or eth2 or something else?
                          And finaly you can always configure ip address manualy, and put some dns in /etc/resolv.conf
                          Another thing, i didn't try picunty yet, but it might be running networkmanager, try to stop it if you want to run dhclient manualy.
                          Or just configure network from gui
                          You were right. It was 1.1.0 recovery.img. Just flashed 1.1.1 and I can finally use the browser. It still reports some issues with security certificates, but I think I can manage that (this is only my first boot with 1.1.1
                          Regarding my network interfaces:
                          $ ls /sys/class/net
                          eth0 eth1 ip6tnl0 lo sit0
                          (not unusal, wlan was often reported as eth in some of my previous sticks - mk808 or ug802, not sure)
                          And finally, you were again right, I think that Picuntu 4.4 modules directory is empty.
                          Cheers, Goran

Comment

You were right. It was 1.1.0 recovery.img. Just flashed 1.1.1 and I can finally use the browser. It still reports some issues with security certificates, but I think I can manage that (this is only my first boot with 1.1.1
                            Regarding my network interfaces:
                            $ ls /sys/class/net
                            eth0 eth1 ip6tnl0 lo sit0
                            (not unusal, wlan was often reported as eth in some of my previous sticks - mk808 or ug802, not sure)
                            And finally, you were again right, I think that Picuntu 4.4 modules directory is empty.
                            Cheers, Goran
                            must be cause the date, check if its 1969 or 1970

Comment

There is any changelog ?

Comment

Working...
                              X