X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mali400 install

Originally posted by conred View Post
    Hi mkay,

follow the tutorial on setting up mali hardware acceleration at gallands blog.
    I have ported olegk0's kernel ( https://github.com/olegk0/rk3066-kernel ) updates and Mali driver to Picuntu on my Picuntu kernel branch (...

It will fix the graphic issues you are getting.
    Hi Conred,
    Thanks for the help. But I'm new to linux and I'm stuck on where it says 'install mali400 2113 armhf.deb', where and how to install it.
    Then 'sudo mv /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/mesa-egl/ /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/.mesa-egl/' returns there is no file or directory, (mesa-egl), which was expected at that point. I'm also not sure about my /etc/rc.local file because I added the extra lines at the bottom but there are no existing lines with fbset in them, where exactly should I add the lines?
    Edit: I just read the post about installing picuntu 4.5 by hizzle, and that 's answered my question about installing mali400 but I get problems with read only file system, how do i solve this?
    Last edited by mkay; 02-04-2014, 03:07.

Comment

Adding the lines at bottom to rc.local is correct. Explain more detailed where it hangs (commands and error messages).

Comment

Originally posted by conred View Post
        Adding the lines at bottom to rc.local is correct. Explain more detailed where it hangs (commands and error messages).
        Hi,
        I installed mali400 2113 armhf.deb to the root of my sd card and booted up. Got into the desktop and found the whole thing was magnified much too large and it scrolled when i hit the edges with the curser, but nothing else was working. So I went back to the command prompt.
        I got the error message in /usr/lib/arm_linux_gnueabihf/libmenu-cache2/libexec/menu-cached' : corrupted double linked list, so now I'll try to reinstall mali400 2113 armhf.deb.
        I'm eagerly following your and hizzles advice.

Comment

Well now I reinstalled the mali 400 package into the root of the sd card and rebooted. After typing 'sudo dpkg -i mali400_2.1-13_armhf.deb' at the prompt, I get no such file or directory. Don't know what to do next.

Cheers,
          mkay

Comment

Copy the deb file to /home/picuntu

or

give the path
            Code:
             sudo dpkg -i /mali400_2.1-13_armhf.deb
            or

change to the directory
            Code:
             cd /
             sudo dpkg -i mali400_2.1-13_armhf.deb

Comment

Hi Conred,

Brilliant! I put the deb file to /home/picuntu and it worked no problem, so thanks for all your help. I now have a fully working dual boot android/picuntu 4.4 system with ethernet (through a usb dongle), haven't tried wifi yet. Now I just have to figure out how to boot straight into picuntu, I think I saw a thread talking about a script for that somewhere.

Comment

Working...
              X