X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Znet View Post
    Hi Alok.

Any option to boot in picuntu direcly, whitout pass Android ?
    NOt yet - but, if thats the requirement - we can release a kernel, that u can flash directly....

Alok

Comment

Or for future, it would be nice, if it is possible, to boot directly from the sd-card without touching anything internal...
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post
        NOt yet - but, if thats the requirement - we can release a kernel, that u can flash directly....

Alok
        +1 for a kernel file which can be flashed directly !

but, I'm a bit confused - what about the "PicUntu 4.4.3 - Pre-Jul - 1080p" etc. files ?

can we mix your solution with linuxium's one (
        http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...K802IV-or-T428) for the picuntu usage on NAND ?

by the way - thanks a lot for all your hard work !!

Comment

Team,

Very happy to announce the availability of the complete Linux distribution for PicUntu for 3188 quad core devices.
          No more tinkering with settings, downloads, drivers, partial things working... now download and use with assurance. As always, PicUntu is created for end users who can download and use the device without the need for technical knowhow (Yes, we are working on getting the installation simplified)

This is based on 3.0.36+, and currently supports
          1. MK802IV - Pre July Version (8188eu)
          2. MK802IV - Post July versions (ap6210)
          For a short period, there were 8188etv based modules also - that has not been tested...
          3. Others coming soon.

The distribution consists of two parts - Kernel and Root Filesystem.

A typical user would need
          - PicUntu 4.4.3 - PostJul13 - 1080p
          - PicUntu - 4.4.3 - BasicGUI

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3422[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3423[/ATTACH]

As the needs and complexity of the system grows, we have to cater to different types as well..So here is a complete list of options that you can play with...
          So here are some of the options for Kernel
          - PicUntu 4.4.3 - Pre-Jul - 1080p
          - PicUntu 4.4.3 - Pre-Jul - 720p
          - PicUntu 4.4.3 - PostJul13 - 1080p - With AP6210, all devices shiped after Jul 13.
          - PicUntu 4.4.3 - PostJul - 720p - With AP6210, all devices shiped after Jul 13.

Here are the options available for root filesystem
          - PicUntu - 4.4.3 - Skeleton
          - PicUntu - 4.4.3 - BasicGUI
          - PicUntu - 4.4.3 - Full - Coming soon...

All files have working modules included in the root file system/kernel.

How to install
          1. Start with making your option of
          - Kernel file
          - Root filesyste,
          2. Download them and save in a location on your system - lets assume /tmp/picuntu/
          3. Download a very nice tool on Linux by linuxerwang - rkflashkit. For windows User get rockchip flash tool 1.37

4. Flashing the kernel
          - Connect USB cable to your PC (Linux/Windows)
          - Remove SDCard, any other power supply to MK802IV
          - Insert the pin into the MK802IV. While keeping it pressed, connect the other end of USB cable to the OTG port to bring it to bootloader mode. When in bootloader mode, the screen will turn blank.
          - Using either rkflashkit(Linux) or flashtool 1.37 (windows) flash the kernel (that you saved in /tmp/picuntu) into the RECOVERY partition
          - Reboot your device. (it will boot into android - which is ok)

5. Making the rootfilesystem
          This is one of the most crucial steps and most of your problems that creep up, will be a result of the following steps not done properly
          For windows, there are solutions available to make the ext4 partition, I have not tried that yet. Your best bet is to download a live linux CD - like Mint 15 or something and do the above.
          - Take an SD Card, a usb stick, or even a hard disk
          - The capacity of this card/stick/harddisk is depending on what type of file system you want to use - Skeleton - 1Gb, Basic GUI - 2GB, Full - 4GB
          - Remember, the next steps will delete all items on this disk.
          - Using Gparted - create a partition -
          "Partition type: Primary",
          "File system: ext4"
          "Label : linuxroot"
          - Once the partition is made, take out the card and insert it back again. If you have a modern linux system, it should get mounted automatically. If not mount the drive. (Lets say you have mounted under /media/linuxroot)
          - Now, on the command line, (for Linux)
          Code:
                tar -xzf /tmp/picuntu/<name of the filesystem.tgz> -C /mnt/linuxroot
          Assuming your root file system was copied in /tmp/picuntu and your SD card is mounted under /mnt/linuxroot
          - Wait for the command to be completed
          - Type
          Code:
          sync
          - Wait for the command to be completed
          Code:
           umount /media/linuxroot
          - Wait for 4 seconds
          - Wait for 4 seconds
          - Wait for 4 seconds (yes, you get the idea)

6. Booting up MK802IV
          - Now that you have the basics done.
          - insert the card. Remember, if you are using the USB memory stick, make sure you use a USB 2.0 compliant HUB)
          - Once you boot into the system - depending on the version you chose, you may go to GUI or use the text mode.
          - Irrespective - you can go to command line by pressing - CTL-ALT-F1 (to go back to GUI - ALT-F7 or ALT-F8)
          - At the command line, login as picuntu (passwd: 12qwaszx) CHANGE IT NOW.
          - Set root password
          Code:
            sudo passwd root
          Thats it you should be up and running. !!

Modules included
          More than 180+ modules have been included. Notable of them are
          ntfs, sata, cramfs, nfs, cifs, 20+ remotecontrols, network ethernet drivers, IR controllers, GPS (several), Joystick, Touchscreen, bluetooth support etc. etc.

What works
          - Almost everything that should work on a good modern Linux system.
          - Sound, Wifi etc.

What still does not work.
          - MALI hardware (that does not mean you cannot play movies/video... you can)
          - Bluetooth - internal.

MUST READ.
          This has been the result of the herculean joint efforts by OmegaMoon, Astralix, Galland, Linuxium, Self... - many others.. working tirelessly across the timezones (and life zones). Ever since the 3188 source came out, countless hours of members have been spent to get this thing together... and running on many many more things as well (such as 3.0.72 kernel, working on R42, MK908 etc etc). But, by and large, we have finally got this together.

Not to forget the significant contribution of Sponsors (Perry Kivolowitz, Andrew Kirby, Alex) to provide us initial devices to the testing on...

Please try it out and let us know of the issues that you face for us to fix or improve.

What's next
          1. Kernels for other devices
          2. Bluetooth (hopefully)
          3. Mali - ofcourse
          4. Touch screen support for Lenovo 23" (I have this, it better run on this touch atleast )

Well thats it, download and enjoy.

Alok Sinha
          thank you for your hard Work its great, but i use a cx-919 with wifi ap6210 but the wifi dont Work for me with these kernel although i have tried the ubuntu internal version for mk8o2Iv posted in other tread and with this the wifi Works, can you please help me ???

Comment

Originally posted by poul50 View Post
            thank you for your hard Work its great, but i use a cx-919 with wifi ap6210 but the wifi dont Work for me with these kernel although i have tried the ubuntu internal version for mk8o2Iv posted in other tread and with this the wifi Works, can you please help me ???
            Step1: boot up into picuntu.
            Step2: Login as root
            Step3: insmod /lib/modules/rkwifi.ko
            Step4: iwconfig wlan0
            Step5: Use wicd manager to scan and connect.

Alok

Comment

Originally posted by condor View Post
              +1 for a kernel file which can be flashed directly !

but, I'm a bit confused - what about the "PicUntu 4.4.3 - Pre-Jul - 1080p" etc. files ?

can we mix your solution with linuxium's one (
              http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...K802IV-or-T428) for the picuntu usage on NAND ?

by the way - thanks a lot for all your hard work !!
              PicUntu - 4.4.3 Pre-jul is for folks who bought the mk802IV before Jul 2013. It has RTL8188eu (most of them) chipset for wifi.
              1080p -is the screen resolution.

Alok

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                Or for future, it would be nice, if it is possible, to boot directly from the sd-card without touching anything internal...
                Yes, thats a good option... should work on it...

Alok

Comment

Thanks a lot!
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

PicUntu - 4.4.3 Pre-jul is for folks who bought the mk802IV before Jul 2013. It has RTL8188eu (most of them) chipset for wifi.
                    1080p -is the screen resolution.

Alok
                    ok, I was a little inaccurate with my question. I know that "PicUntu 4.4.3 - Pre-Jul - 1080p" is for the early mk802iv ... that's my one.

but, what do I need more (e.g. a bootloader, boot parameter etc) to get this piece of stick up and running on the internal flash ?

sorry, I know this might be newbie question and I don't want to bother you too much.

probably the idea of booting directly from sd card might be a valuable solution for an every day usage.

thanks in advance

Comment

Step1: boot up into picuntu.
                      Step2: Login as root
                      Step3: insmod /lib/modules/rkwifi.ko
                      Step4: iwconfig wlan0
                      Step5: Use wicd manager to scan and connect.

Alok
                      wlan0 dosnt Work wlan1 Works, but when i reboots i must do the steps all over

Comment

Originally posted by poul50 View Post
                        wlan0 dosnt Work wlan1 Works, but when i reboots i must do the steps all over
                        The previous state is remembered by the system.

Do delete all previous network ports.

Code:
                        vi /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
                        Find and delete all wlanXX entries in this... and you should be good to go.

Oh and to not do the step ove - I have to release a small minor upgrade.. in the meanwhile.

vi /etc/rc.local

Add a line
                        insmod /lib/modules/rkwifi.ko

( a tmp solution, till I get you the minor version upgrade)

Alok

Comment

as always, great work, Alok! I just wanted to ask if it is at all possible to get the 4.4.3 filestem up and running on a RK3066 stick (particularly the Rikomagic MK802IIIs with the internal wifi Mediatek 5931 support). sorry if this is too far off topic, but I would greatly appreciate at least a pointer in the right direction! Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by nizar View Post
                            as always, great work, Alok! I just wanted to ask if it is at all possible to get the 4.4.3 filestem up and running on a RK3066 stick (particularly the Rikomagic MK802IIIs with the internal wifi Mediatek 5931 support). sorry if this is too far off topic, but I would greatly appreciate at least a pointer in the right direction! Thanks in advance!
                            Nizar, - thanks for the kind words, it was a great team effort to put all of this together... nothing could have been accomplished without that.

The 4.4.3 filesystem -should- work on 3066. I have not tested them - yet.

The mediatek 5931, is a module/driver issue... and will be resolved in the kernel that you make and the drivers you make...

Alok

Comment

Nizar, - thanks for the kind words, it was a great team effort to put all of this together... nothing could have been accomplished without that.

The 4.4.3 filesystem -should- work on 3066. I have not tested them - yet.

The mediatek 5931, is a module/driver issue... and will be resolved in the kernel that you make and the drivers you make...

Alok
                              Hello Alok! I would love to test the 4.4.3 filesystem on my MK802IIIs, so you can be certain as to whether or not it works on the 3066. But with regards to "making" the kernel and drivers, could you point me in the correct direction on how to do that? Maybe a link to a tutorial or something with information on making the right drivers? Thanks again in advance!

Comment

Thank you all for your work on this.

I'm very interested in seeing Ubuntu running on these little devices, as they offer an extremely affordable way to provide web-browsing, word processing, and basic productivity.
                                Once Ubuntu is running they can even be used as thin terminals for VMWare, CITRIX, or just good old UNIX/LINUX, allowing users to perform more CPU intensive tasks in a virtualized environment.

Is there any chance Picuntu will come to the K-R42?
                                It's built in ethernet and multiple full sized USB ports make it a good match for virtualization.

Also, can we donate to this project?

Comment

Working...
                                X