Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kotsos75
    replied
    Picuntu on mk908

Hi all
    i have try to install picuntu on my MK908 v3(from china no idea if is the real one) and works good but without wifi. i have try 2 diferent usb wifi dongles but nothing. so i like to ask if someone have full rom pack with working wifi becose i have read many times about kernels and i have no idea what this is. i have flush the finless 1.7a and this the only android rom that works with my device. is there any easy way to have finless 1.7a in nand and picuntu or any other linux in sd card and be to duall boot?
    sorry for my bad english
    thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• mustafaupk
    replied
    Originally posted by tyeo098 View Post
    That works too, but its easier to fix the problem than bandaid over it See my post LITERALLY right above yours. Its an mk908V3 kernel with paranoid wifi disabled.
    Can't wait to try it. Thanks so much.
    The only thing remaining is overclocking this baby to 1.6ghz. Then everything is perfect.

Leave a comment:

• tyeo098
    replied
    Originally posted by horstheinz View Post
    Hi everyone, I installed PicUntu on my MK908v3 using the downloads and instructions provided in post #78. Everything works fine and I would like to send a big thank you to everyone who made this possible. Eventually, I ran into the restrictions which are imposed by the "paranoid networking" which is compiled into this kernel. However, there is an easy way to solve this problem. If you want to give user "picuntu" access to the network you have to add the following lines to /etc/group:
    Code:
    netbtadmin:x:3001:picuntu netbt:x:3002:picuntu inet:x:3003:picuntu netraw:x:3004:picuntu netadmin:3005:picuntu
    Simply add additional users to these groups and they can access the network. For wireless access add the user to the group "netdev"
    That works too, but its easier to fix the problem than bandaid over it See my post LITERALLY right above yours. Its an mk908V3 kernel with paranoid wifi disabled.

Leave a comment:

• horstheinz
    replied
    How to enable networking on paranoid kernels

Hi everyone,

I installed PicUntu on my MK908v3 using the downloads and instructions provided in post #78. Everything works fine and I would like to send a big thank you to everyone who made this possible. Eventually, I ran into the restrictions which are imposed by the "paranoid networking" which is compiled into this kernel. However, there is an easy way to solve this problem. If you want to give user "picuntu" access to the network you have to add the following lines to /etc/group:

Code:
    netbtadmin:x:3001:picuntu
    netbt:x:3002:picuntu
    inet:x:3003:picuntu
    netraw:x:3004:picuntu
    netadmin:3005:picuntu
    Simply add additional users to these groups and they can access the network. For wireless access add the user to the group "netdev"

Leave a comment:

• tyeo098
    replied
    Mk908V3 NAND w/ kernel source

MK908 NAND instructions moved to:
    Last edited by tyeo098; 01-17-2014, 16:29.

Leave a comment:

• queonda
    replied
    Originally posted by flacdo View Post
    Hello.
    Minix X7 :
    Does it mean that if I replace the original kernel of the PicUntu 4.5-NAND-BasicGUI-kit with the picuntu-kernel-4.5.img found here https://github.com/phjanderson/Linux3188 the Mnix Box will run PicUntu with a working ethernet ?
    Many thanks.

I did a search of the thread, but will Minix X7 work with this? From what I gather from other threads, wireless is not working. I read somewhere where hardware acceleration for XBMC is not working either but they are old posts.

Are those issues still outstanding or are they working now?

Leave a comment:

• tyeo098
    replied
    Can someone explain whats different between the kernels for SD and NAND?
    Is it only the CMDline stuff that needs to be changed? I cant seem to get my mk908 kernel to compile and boot...

gmtii's kernel fors fine for me... but its useless if I cant get mine to compile and boot lol
    I need 1080p!

Leave a comment:

• subver
    replied
    For mk908 v5 you can try this steps.
    1. Download Xubuntu image with ROM Flash tool https://docviewer.yandex.com/?url=ya...04-core-vmk.7z

2. Download Kernel https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_kc...it?usp=sharing
    or you can use kernel from Finless ROM 1.7a

3. Download Picuntu "System" image from first post. But i can't get to work with version much stability.
    I've used system image of ubuntu 12 from this post http://www.gizfun.com/content/instal...ksmk908mk802iv
    4. Run Rom Flash tool from step 1.
    5. Put you device in flash mode, change path of "kernel" and "system" images according to steps 2 and 3, then flash you device.

6. Reboot. Note: if you have flashed this kernel https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_kc...it?usp=sharing you will see no output until boot process finished!

After all, probably you will need to resize system partition with commands
    Code:
    resize2fs -p /dev/mtdblock2
        mount -o remount,rw /dev/mtdblock2

Leave a comment:

• drynish
    replied
    Originally posted by patdut View Post
    That is the method I used to install Picuntu on my MK908. But if it works fine for v3 it fails on V5.
    On my side it worked halfway (with a blinking screen) we can only assume we don't have the same MK908! I bought mine in december so I'm pretty sure it's a v5.

Michel

Leave a comment:

• patdut
    replied
    Originally posted by drynish View Post
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post103556

On my V5 it's blinking screen... but you can look at thread 78 on page 4 I think

MIchel
    That is the method I used to install Picuntu on my MK908. But if it works fine for v3 it fails on V5.

Leave a comment:

• drynish
    replied
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post103556
    Originally posted by patdut View Post
    Hello all,

I just have a question, does anybody have a step by step method to install safely Picuntu on a MK908 V ?
    I have tried with the standard 4.5 version but got a device that refuse to boot.

Thanks to all.
    On my V5 it's blinking screen... but you can look at thread 78 on page 4 I think

MIchel

Leave a comment:

• patdut
    replied
    Hox to install Picuntu on MK908 V

Hello all,

I just have a question, does anybody have a step by step method to install safely Picuntu on a MK908 V ?
    I have tried with the standard 4.5 version but got a device that refuse to boot.

Thanks to all.

Leave a comment:

• drynish
    replied
    Originally posted by subver View Post
    this one

but this kernel redirects output to uart, not to screen and you will see no output until boot complete
    No for me it's not working... I don't understand... you're the second one telling me that you don't have any issue with this kernel and on my side, my screen is blinking each 2 seconds.... I saw on page 13 of this feed that somes are having the same issues as me.

I'm wondering if I truly have a tronsmart mk908, what a wonderful toy even under Android!

MIchel

Leave a comment:

• drfranz
    replied
    Please, a clear point of situation

Hy everybody.
    At first: THANKS a lot for all your efforts. I really appreciate your abilities and your time.
    I would like to know a clear point of situation for this rom regarding the MK802IV 8 GB model, old wifi (RTL8188eu). In particular:

1. Does it work?
    2. Does it need some operations for having it working?
    3. Does Logitech webcams work?

Thank you.
    Last edited by drfranz; 01-12-2014, 09:48.

Leave a comment:

• subver
    replied
    Originally posted by drynish View Post
    Which one did you take?
    this one

but this kernel redirects output to uart, not to screen and you will see no output until boot complete

Leave a comment:

Working...
X