Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmtii View Post
    try this config with disabled CONFIG_ANDROID_PARANOID_NETWORK and enabled CONFIG_SYSVIPC (chrome doesn't show pages content and some services can't be started like apache https://plus.google.com/u/0/104676886289084007032/posts).

Notice that the hardware console is attached to ttyS2 (hw uart console mod) so no boot text on screen.

cheers!
    I flashed the kernel in this compressed file into my mk908 but the problem with chromium/firefox persists.

Should omegamoon's prebuilt modules also be recompiled?

Edit: Compiled omegamoons kernel after disabling CONFIG_ANDROID_PARANOID_NETWORK and enabling CONFIG_SYSVIPC, flashed kernel boots, wifi module loads and allows IP address registering but again, firefox and chromium do not connect to internet.
    Last edited by mustafaupk; 10-15-2013, 02:03.

Comment

Thanks vmkogeretla, I've tried the solution with Chromium and it doesn't look weird (it renders properly) but in some pages the browser dies, not enough power.

Originally posted by vmkogeretla View Post
      Chromium
      and riskily
      Code:
      e2fsck -f -y /dev/mtdblock2
      mount -o remount,rw /dev/mtdblock2
      When I try the first command I get this error.
      Code:
      e2fsck 1.42.5 (29-Jul-2012)
      /dev/mtdblock2 is mounted.
      e2fsck: Cannot continue, aborting.
      Play with this things are dangerous, so I do not want to make any false step. Have I to unmount the dev previously?

Comment

Originally posted by Robby View Post
        Thanks vmkogeretla, I've tried the solution with Chromium and it doesn't look weird (it renders properly) but in some pages the browser dies, not enough power.
        It is dangerous to inspect the disc, I have, after rebooting it is mounted read-only, and for the second team.

That would work, it is necessary to set a password for ROOT:
        Code:
        passwd root
        Logout
        and Ctrl+Alt+F1, Login: root Pass: you password
        Code:
        you command
        Code:
        reboot
        or Ctrl+Alt+F7(F8)

Comment

Originally posted by vmkogeretla View Post
          It is dangerous to inspect the disc, I have, after rebooting it is mounted read-only, and for the second team.

That would work, it is necessary to set a password for ROOT:
          Code:
          passwd root
          Logout
          and Ctrl+Alt+F1, Login: root Pass: you password
          Code:
          you command
          Code:
          reboot
          or Ctrl+Alt+F7(F8)
          It doesn't work still. I tried to do too an
          Code:
           umount /dev/mtdblock2
          and it tells the device is busy.
          What is the purpose of e2fsck in this case? How can it help Chromium?

Thanks!

Comment

Robby
            when I had a disk failure Chromium ate crawling

Comment

recovery

is it posible to get this booting from external sd and keeping android on nand like the other version you made (4,3)

Comment

Originally posted by mustafaupk View Post
                I flashed the kernel in this compressed file into my mk908 but the problem with chromium/firefox persists.

Should omegamoon's prebuilt modules also be recompiled?

Edit: Compiled omegamoons kernel after disabling CONFIG_ANDROID_PARANOID_NETWORK and enabling CONFIG_SYSVIPC, flashed kernel boots, wifi module loads and allows IP address registering but again, firefox and chromium do not connect to internet.
                With firefox and gnash, you get a decent enough working system...

Chromium, still gives you slow speeds...

Alok

Comment

Originally posted by poul50 View Post
                  is it posible to get this booting from external sd and keeping android on nand like the other version you made (4,3)
                  But that is what PicUntu 4.4.3 is .. it keeps android on nand and linux on sd card.

PicUntu 4.5 on the other hand keeps Linux on NAND.

Alok

Comment

How to my FT232 USB UART work ?

I try to my FT232 USB UART work ,recompile a kernel from omegamoon's source with this evice Drivers ---> [*] USB support ---> USB Serial Converter support ---> USB FTDI Single Port Serial DriverAfter plug the FT232 in, no /dev/ttyUSBx show up, but lsusb can see FT232.Any idea ?thanks

Comment

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post
                      MrED - why not try this out... you have the config file and you can pretty much use the compiler to compile a kernel for yourself.

It will be nice to find out if you get the LXC to work - in all probabilities, it should work... but unless one tests this, one cannot be sure.

Alok
                      Hi Alok,

I checked the .config file that you are using, and am curious, if my assumtions are correct. I do not have RK3188 device yet, but I guess LXC should work in your build with no changes. Could you try:

Code:
                      apt-get install lxc
                      lxc-checkconfig
                      If no red messages appear, LXC should work.

Comment

Alok have you plans to realease an easy instalation like this one for 3066 devices?

I havent tryed any picuntu release before because I find them hard to install, and now there is the easy installation I was always hoping for but it does not support 3066...

Comment

Originally posted by maxchen View Post
                          I try to my FT232 USB UART work ,recompile a kernel from omegamoon's source with this evice Drivers ---> [*] USB support ---> USB Serial Converter support ---> USB FTDI Single Port Serial DriverAfter plug the FT232 in, no /dev/ttyUSBx show up, but lsusb can see FT232.Any idea ?thanks
                          problem solve with compile ftdi support as ftdi_sio.ko and insmod ftdi_sio.ko

another problem is bluetooth not work in linux.hcitool dev show nothing.And when I try to compile bluetooth support to bluetooth.ko, error say GetSNSectorInfo undefined in vflash.c.

Comment

Originally posted by Daimonion View Post
                            Alok have you plans to realease an easy instalation like this one for 3066 devices?

I havent tryed any picuntu release before because I find them hard to install, and now there is the easy installation I was always hoping for but it does not support 3066...

I have installed picuntu 4.5 on mk808 flashing kernel 3.0.8 of linuxium with driver nand and loader of rk3066...It work but the version of kernel and version of system are different.
                            I'm trying to compile kernel 3.0.36 with nand for rk3066 device, but i'm not expert and i failed until now.
                            if there are a kind soul who compile the kernel we may have a picuntu 4.5 work on our device.

Comment

MK802IV hanging after 2-3 minutes

First of all, great work on this distro, it is really promising and it will be great once it gets more stable.

I have a 16GB Rikomagic MK802IV (after a couple of false starts it finally worked to flash it using "RK3188Loader(L)_V1.24.bin" as per the updated instructions).

However, after 2-5 minutes Linux always hangs, either accepting no input from keyboard/mouse, or as soon as you try to use keyboard all apps crash and I am left with the wallpaper. In either case I need to do turn the power off. Doing a soft reboot using Alt+Ctrl+Del restarts various services but fails to start the window manager again.

Annoyingly there is nothing in the logs, so the crash is pretty immediate... I am suspecting the Wifi at this point, it is flakier when using a browser to access the internet. I have tried all 3 desktop environments and different browsers, no difference. This happens with no extra files installed, immediately after installing Picuntu. Have also tried to turn wifi off and not logging in, just leaving it at the login prompt, again no difference...

I am attaching the dmesg output as a start in case it can help someone to shed a light on this, happy to help with anything I can do to track this down...

dmsg.txt

A

Comment

RTC ISSUES

Originally posted by arcade View Post
                                Hi all great thanks for the great job .

Terminal command: dmesg shows the kernel is configured to LCDC0.
                                Push erase flash first then push write.

I have another question.
                                I have a rtl8188 wifi does not work
                                Kernel config / proc / config.gz file not found.
                                It may be somewhere else have any suggestions welcome.

I installed it on MK802IV, wifi works fine, boots fast. The thing distrubing me is the time, it changes from time to time, seems randomly. Can we call it a RTC issue?
                                Thank you for your hard work on continous work on RK devices.

Comment

Working...
                                X