Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jheise
    replied
    Thanks for the fast reply. I tried your suggestions but it still boots right into Picuntu every time - no recovery mode

Leave a comment:

• l33boy
    replied
    Have you tried waiting a few minutes?

I have that issue if I don't wait a minute or two with no power to the stick at all.
    Unplug everything and wait a few minutes before pushing the button and inserting the USB.

Leave a comment:

• jheise
    replied
    Problems flashing another kernel

Hi all!

I have a PC-Box 3.0 with rk3188 (www.joy-it.net) from a german company. After some hassle, I got Picuntu 4.5 installed on the machine but without ethernet and wifi. I compiled a new kernel with (hopefully) the correct driver but I can not flash the kernel. I try to put the box into recovery mode again via the switch but it's not working anymore. It still always boots straight into Picuntu. Am I the only one who encountered this problem? Does somebody know a way to force the recovery mode? Can I boot into recovery mode from Picuntu?

Thanks for any input!

Jan

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    ^Nice. That's what the VIA 8750 should have been. Thanks for the link.

Leave a comment:

• drynish
    replied
    Just to let you know guys of this board:

radxa board (http://www.radxa.com)

It's a dev board coming with RK3188 (not the T model), wifi, 8gig nand, case for 99$ and it's running Linux and/or Android.

I've already requested mine but just to let you know that I won't spend any other minutes on this mk908 that's having all sort of issues running Linux.

Michel

Leave a comment:

• l33boy
    replied
    OK so I installed it...

Install went smoothly enough but changed the kernel to get the wifi working as per the post #67
    On boot, I changed the password.... You need to explain how to do that as it's not intuitive for noobs like me
    However, the desktop goes beyond the screen boundaries so you can only just see the panels though?
    I have noticed a couple of other users had this issue but there was no response to their questions.

As a noob I do have one question though... I tried to install teamviewer but to no avail... how do you install anything on this OS? I tried the package manager but it didn't appear to do anything.

I would really appreciate some help on this one guys
    cheers

Leave a comment:

• l33boy
    replied
    Teamviewer ?

Hi guys, currently running android on my S400 (old wifi) and don't really use it that much so....
    I currently have teamviewer running on a pc and wondered if I could install it on this Linux build?

Or maybe you guys could recommend another VNC server I could install?

Kudos to the guys who created this build, I had no idea you could run Linux on these things!

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    Won't even boot on my MK908. The flash finishes and it just sits there. Mine's the v5, though so.

Leave a comment:

• rudi77
    replied
    T-r42 v2.0

New t-r42 2.0 nothing lan and wifi!!!
    Please how to fix?

Leave a comment:

• tobr
    replied
    Blinking

+1 drynish . Probably the same issue. My new 2 mk902 are blinking as well. Picuntu, ubuntu. Original android rom and neomode 1.9a 720p ok.
    Last edited by tobr; 01-22-2014, 11:53.

Leave a comment:

• drynish
    replied
    Originally posted by tyeo098 View Post
    My kernel too?
    I would not beg you...maybe not the right word, ask you to work on the blinking issue if it would have been working with your kernel... I read somewhere that it might be the power supply...

That would surprise me since the kernel on android is working A1 (finless rom) on my MK908 as a Linux kernel. However because of the security under android, it's a no go (networking not working) and every others kernel, there are blinking issues.

Michel
    Last edited by drynish; 01-21-2014, 03:52.

Leave a comment:

• subver
    replied
    Hi, i have a problem on my mk908's picuntu.
    My network looks like: WindowsPC ---> WiFiRouter (OpenWRT) <---- MK908
    All connected with WiFi.
    Just after setting up network on Windows and mk908 it works good (ping from mk908 to windows ok and vice versa). But if i stay idle in Windows for a few minutes i can't ping my mk908, and mk908 can't ping windows with command 'ping', but command 'arping' work ok on mk908 to Windows.
    Is this problem in Windows?

When problem occurs, i can't ping mk908 from windows, but if i logging in WiFiRouter via ssh and ping all my devices - ping works ok. All power save features on windows are turned off, pinging from one windows pc to another windows pc connected to same router also works ok

If i try to ping several times, rarely ping reaches my mk908 and link works ok until next idling period; But first ping may be so long (about 2000 ms).
    If i run ping on windows permanently to mk908 - link not dropped for all time while ping running.

Leave a comment:

• tyeo098
    replied
    Originally posted by drynish View Post
    hahahaha )

Yeah tried each and everyone of them, all with the same results... Like you said, I'm searching for a MK802 IV right now and will try to get rid of my MK908!

Michel
    My kernel too?

Leave a comment:

• drynish
    replied
    Originally posted by tyeo098 View Post
    Don't tell me what to do!

Thats odd, I've never had that issue with my kernel. Have you tried a different kernel?
    All of those devices have 3188-T. Bad juju.
    hahahaha )

Yeah tried each and everyone of them, all with the same results... Like you said, I'm searching for a MK802 IV right now and will try to get rid of my MK908!

Michel

Leave a comment:

• tyeo098
    replied
    Originally posted by kotsos75 View Post
    ok resolution is good but looks like no video acceleration is very bad i have try movies on vlc and not even opens and videos on youtube playing like no video drivers installed very bad
    is this only on my pc or this is normal
    Use mplayer2 for movies. Default multi-core processing. Very nice. Such movie. Wow.

Maybe correcting the blinking issues for some users?

I'm having this problem where the screen blanks out for 1-2 seconds at random. I have tried switching the power adapater for a more powerful one, this one I'm using now has a capacity up to 10A. I ...

I'm joking, if you can it would be wonderfull! :P

Michel
    Don't tell me what to do!

Thats odd, I've never had that issue with my kernel. Have you tried a different kernel?
    All of those devices have 3188-T. Bad juju.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X