Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi,
    very good job!, my compliments!
    where may I found the state of the work around the mali400 chipset?
    Is it correct to think that we will see a mali400 driver with hw/acc in one two months?
    I know that you are working very hard around the project, but I'm very impatient
    thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by grzmrc View Post
      hi,
      very good job!, my compliments!
      where may I found the state of the work around the mali400 chipset?
      Is it correct to think that we will see a mali400 driver with hw/acc in one two months?
      I know that you are working very hard around the project, but I'm very impatient
      thanks in advance
      Wish could give you any time line.... but at this point of time..its pretty open ended...

Alok

Comment

Originally posted by mfkiwl View Post
        I installed it on MK802IV, wifi works fine, boots fast. The thing distrubing me is the time, it changes from time to time, seems randomly. Can we call it a RTC issue?
        Thank you for your hard work on continous work on RK devices.
        I would assume that the Internet access is working... thats important for the time to syncronize...

Alok

Comment

Originally posted by mailkit View Post
          Dear Friends,

Installed picuntu (works great) on
          MK908 V3.0 2013.05.13 unforunately it doesnt detect my Wifi/BT AP6210 combo?

I wish alteast wifi could work? Any instructions on how to enable or insert the driver (if its already present in picuntu distribution 4.5?)

Thanks for all hardwork
          MK
          Have you tried, manually inserting AP6210 - by

insmod /lib/modules/<file path>/rkwifi.ko

Alok

Comment

I cannot get bluetooth working. It is known that the built-in adapter does not work, but a USB one does not either (it is found in dmesg and with lsusb). I have installed blueman and bluez-utils, to no avail (no device found).

Any help would be very much welcome.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Well thought I was done messing around with my stick. I was just about to giveup on my device (Cozyswan s400 green sticker) and then I came across this.
              Installed on my device booted up quickly, wifi working, apps opening fast, all around navigation smooth and feeling like I'm on a desktop.
              I only have two questions
              1) How to install flash?
              2) How to install xbmc?

Comment

Great work, team! I recently purchased an MK802IV and would like to try out Picuntu on here, I just have one question. You said that this build has:

- PicUntu 4.5 - kernels, boot, system file, with basic GUI.
                - Lot of tweaking has been done on the system level to make it responsive and blazing fast - Give it a spin, you would see the difference yourself.

As I am interested in installing picuntu in my recovery partition (I need to keep my android), does this version differ from the one posted in the sticky thread (Picuntu 4.4, in particular, the "lots of tweaking" you mentioned)? If so, would it be possible to download this one (4.5) and flash the kernel.img to the recovery partition and the filesystem to an sd card? thanks again for the great work! and thanks in advance for the help/advice

Comment

Hi everyone,

first of all, my device is "COZYSWAN S400" (this one http://www.cozyswan.com/test/cozyswa...e-mini-pc.html )

its days im reading this and lot of other forums.

I actually have managed to install picuntu.
                  First time i followed standard procedure shown on http://ubuntu.g8.net/index.php/14-sa...-nand-released

It goes fine, but i had no wifi (i have rk8188eu chipset i think...) , so i used kernel provided by SHAAN_NPL in this thread (page 4).
                  Now wifi working too.

Only problem left is video drivers.
                  In my dmesg i cant find any advice of loading something for Mali processor... so i think is ignored?

As i read here, there is still no solution for laggy video playback?

Im a bit confused about resolution of video playback ...i saw around that there are some fixes for framebuffer and VSYNC but i dont know if those are suitable for my situation nor how to implement them...

I even obtained last Mali drivers from

But i cant manage to install them, when i make "make & sudo make install" it says "no target specified and no makefile found" ... (yes, i was in the src dir ... ).

Finally, what i would achieve, is to have on my s400 a picuntu with wifi (as its now) and even ability to play movie files @1080p ...

Your question now would be "why you need linux to just playback movies? why dont use android".

And my answer is: First i like to get the best from my devices. Second, under android i would not have the option to use a service of mine (net video account) that works over "Silverlight", and i saw instead that i can have silverlight on linux (MoonLight project). That's why i choose to turn on Picuntu.

Can someone give me some directions/answers of what i could/should do?

Im quite noob in Linux, i can play with it but for example i dont know how to build a kernel, or if its possibile to use the kernel.img i have and modify it ...

I appreciate any help, sorry for long post

Comment

MK908 Not booting after installing picuntu?

Hello eveybody,

I Installed Picuntu 4.5 on my MK908 stick with rk_flash_1.37 and rk_flash says the installation went OK.
                    However, the stick does not reboot at all. (It is not clear to me if rk_flash should reboot the stick? If so, how much time should I have to wait before the stick reboots? Maybe I disconnect the stick to soon?)
                    When I try to do a reboot myself nothing happens at all, even after waiting an half hour. Also the blue led does not come up at all (after the installation of picuntu also when still connected to the flash tool).

What might be interesting is that when I tried installing with the linux tool, it can only find 2 partitions; with the boot and kernel images. I can not install the system.img because it overwrites either the boot or kernel image.

Has anybody a suggestion about what I might be doing wrong, because I understand other people succeeded in installing and running picuntu on a mk908.

Comment

Hi to all.
                      I am new to this stuff and just found this thread on a google search looking for a simple solution to run a small web (mysql/php + jre, for hmtl/php sites/wordpress) and ftp server connected to a AVM Fritbox. I dont want/need a full blown computer running, as it would be a total waste of resources..... already checked the Rasberry PI but think it doesnt have enough "power".

After reading the thread I looked over here: http://ubuntu.g8.net/index.php/picuntu-features
                      and saw
                      *Apache, mysql: apache2 php5 mysql-server-5.5 phpmyadmin
                      *Java JDK: openjdk-7-jre-headless openjdk-7-jre-lib openjdk-7-jre
                      I think, if that works than vsftpd should also work and it would be what I am looking for.

I am considering to buy one of these:
                      *T-R42 Android 4.2 Quad Core Mini PC, Smart TV Box, RK3188 (1,6GHz), 2GB RAM, 8GB int., Mali400, HDMI, LAN, WLAN-n, Bluetooth 4.0
                      *MK 809 III Android 4.2, Quad Core Mini PC, Smart TV Box, RK3188 (1,6GHz) 2GB RAM, 8GB int., Mali400, HDMI, WLAN-n, Bluetooth 4.0,
                      and
                      Transcend TS32GUSDHC10E Class 10 Extreme-Speed microSDHC 32GB
                      Logitech K400 Keyboard
                      My questions (as a "linux-newbie"):
                      - What device would you recommend, one of above or something else?
                      - Do I have to watchout for anything special?
                      - Is it possible to install everything on the sdcard without touching the android system? (something like multi os booting?)
                      - Is there a any pre-built-package to acomplish what I want to do?
                      - Could anybody point me to a guide and download?

Thanks for the help.
                      Sorry if this isnt the right place to post

Comment

Any possibility of including the ath9k module? Have a TL-WN821Nv2 that I could use until embedded wifi or wired are fixed. As it is none of them work on the Minix Neo X7.

Tried insmodding 8188eu.ko, 8189es.ko, 8192cu.ko, 8723as.ko, 8723au.ko from a backup of the android system partition without luck

1. Does anybody know exactly which wired module it should be?
                        2. Wireless confirmed to be rkwifi.ko? Tried to insmod that as well... same sad results.

Apart from that it boots beautifully

Comment

Update

Originally posted by Sloepie View Post
                          Hello eveybody,

I Installed Picuntu 4.5 on my MK908 stick with rk_flash_1.37 and rk_flash says the installation went OK.
                          However, the stick does not reboot at all. (It is not clear to me if rk_flash should reboot the stick? If so, how much time should I have to wait before the stick reboots? Maybe I disconnect the stick to soon?)
                          When I try to do a reboot myself nothing happens at all, even after waiting an half hour. Also the blue led does not come up at all (after the installation of picuntu also when still connected to the flash tool).

What might be interesting is that when I tried installing with the linux tool, it can only find 2 partitions; with the boot and kernel images. I can not install the system.img because it overwrites either the boot or kernel image.

Has anybody a suggestion about what I might be doing wrong, because I understand other people succeeded in installing and running picuntu on a mk908.
                          When I use the Linux RkFlashkit I get the following message:

Loading partition information
                          MACHINE_MODEL:rk30sdk MACHINE_ID:007 MANUFACTURER:RK30SDK MAGIC: 0x5041524B ATAG: 0x60000800 MACHINE: 3066 CHECK_MASK: 0x80 KERNEL_IMG: 0x60408000 #RECOVER_KEY: 1,1,0,20,0 CMDLINE: initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 init=/sbin/init root=/dev/mtdblock2 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:0x00008000@0x00002000(boot),0x 00008000@0x0000A000(kernel),-@0x00012000(system)

The strange thing is that is says it is a 3066 Machine though Antutu (on android) said the cpu was 1400 Mhz (x4) and the stick had a score of 12307 and has a Mali-400 MP GPU

Anybody who can help me get picuntu run on my mk908?

Comment

When I use the Linux RkFlashkit I get the following message:

Loading partition information
                            MACHINE_MODEL:rk30sdk MACHINE_ID:007 MANUFACTURER:RK30SDK MAGIC: 0x5041524B ATAG: 0x60000800 MACHINE: 3066 CHECK_MASK: 0x80 KERNEL_IMG: 0x60408000 #RECOVER_KEY: 1,1,0,20,0 CMDLINE: initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 init=/sbin/init root=/dev/mtdblock2 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:0x00008000@0x00002000(boot),0x 00008000@0x0000A000(kernel),-@0x00012000(system)

The strange thing is that is says it is a 3066 Machine though Antutu (on android) said the cpu was 1400 Mhz (x4) and the stick had a score of 12307 and has a Mali-400 MP GPU

Anybody who can help me get picuntu run on my mk908?
                            Look up my posts, on my github I have MK908 Kernel source you can compile.
                            Then just run picuntu from Sd card.
                            Buy me a beer with
                            DogeCoin: D6EeoEKcZJL234UhVFRV8Uy6HnfNurBS2y
                            or
                            BitCoin 17iQsUv7RoWVmDynfBS9qF88NxT4ETvhUn

Comment

Not booting

Hello eveybody,

Hello All. I am having the same issue. I am running with an mk808 and I had to change the loader to 1.22 for 30xx since I could not even get the tool to work at all before with the 1.20 loader for 3188. But other than that its the same problem as Sloepie. Could anybody please help out.

Comment

Hi ILSabbe..

Originally posted by ILSabbe View Post
                                Hi everyone,

first of all, my device is "COZYSWAN S400" (this one http://www.cozyswan.com/test/cozyswa...e-mini-pc.html )

its days im reading this and lot of other forums.

I actually have managed to install picuntu.
                                First time i followed standard procedure shown on http://ubuntu.g8.net/index.php/14-sa...-nand-released

It goes fine, but i had no wifi (i have rk8188eu chipset i think...) , so i used kernel provided by SHAAN_NPL in this thread (page 4).
                                Now wifi working too.

Only problem left is video drivers.
                                In my dmesg i cant find any advice of loading something for Mali processor... so i think is ignored?

As i read here, there is still no solution for laggy video playback?

Im a bit confused about resolution of video playback ...i saw around that there are some fixes for framebuffer and VSYNC but i dont know if those are suitable for my situation nor how to implement them...

I even obtained last Mali drivers from

But i cant manage to install them, when i make "make & sudo make install" it says "no target specified and no makefile found" ... (yes, i was in the src dir ... ).

Finally, what i would achieve, is to have on my s400 a picuntu with wifi (as its now) and even ability to play movie files @1080p ...

Your question now would be "why you need linux to just playback movies? why dont use android".

And my answer is: First i like to get the best from my devices. Second, under android i would not have the option to use a service of mine (net video account) that works over "Silverlight", and i saw instead that i can have silverlight on linux (MoonLight project). That's why i choose to turn on Picuntu.

Can someone give me some directions/answers of what i could/should do?

Im quite noob in Linux, i can play with it but for example i dont know how to build a kernel, or if its possibile to use the kernel.img i have and modify it ...

I appreciate any help, sorry for long post
                                As far as I know, we still do not have mali support for linux in RK3188 boxes, developers are trying hard, just wait for some time, i hope some one will come up with a solution...

By the way, can you guide me to a place where I can download the stock rom for COZYSWAN S400 as I too have the same device....
                                Thanks...

Comment

Working...
                                X