Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by main3dtv View Post
    link is in top post
    ((Close on the heals of release of 4.4.3, we are happy to present
    PicUntu 4.5-nand-BasicGUI,))
    Tnx! I'm stupid...

Comment

Please Help...

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post
      Yes.
      Yes.

Alok
      My internal wifi is not detected. Well I was able to use my wifi card in picuntu 4.4 distribution by a work around suggested by mmm123 by using command #echo 0bda 0179 > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/rtl8188eu/new_id in terminal but i can't try the same here as rtl8188eu folder is not present in /sys/usb/drivers/..
      Loading module using #ismod /lib/module/rkwifi.ko also doesn't work....
      Please help

Comment

1. rtl8188 will not work by default, as the default wifi module is conifgured to be as AP6210. You can try to insert the android driver - found in /lib/modules/
        But I have found it the 8188eu to work nicely with native compile.

2. My bad - the kernel has missed the /proc/config support (Damn!) . I will have to update the posted kernels again... will do... in the meanwhile, Please let me know which config file you want to try on and I will send you the same.

Alok

Many thanks for your reply alok
        if you can make nand kernel config for rtl8188
        and share this with us. Yet how wonderful it was would you compiled a nand kernel with rtl8188 for us.

I tried the module from android but without success, When I put this module gets the answer :module insertion error.
        Your kernel for sd card with rtl8188 works great.

Once again, many thanks.

Comment

There is half-fake, mans?!

1. No display resolutions other than 1900x1200!!! Where is a HD???
          2. Display wallpapers not save after reboot. Joke?
          3. No sound at all. Fake?
          4. No Wi-Fi config tool.
          4. No another DM other than one.

and more and more...

Comment

Originally posted by adeptus View Post
            There is half-fake, mans?!

1. No display resolutions other than 1900x1200!!! Where is a HD???
            2. Display wallpapers not save after reboot. Joke?
            3. No sound at all. Fake?
            4. No Wi-Fi config tool.
            4. No another DM other than one.

and more and more...
            Adeptus,

This release includes Xfce4 desktop with an intent to keep the distribution to the minimal - (that is why it is called BASIC-GUI ) and that is why you are getting the entire distro in 247 MB. Having said that you can add any applet, utility - from the command line - apt-get install ... or using the synaptic software manager.

DM ?? You mean disk manager.. - gparted is built into the system, you can add any available from the system

Wifi config tool is wicdmanager. included in the boot up. Its found under internet - also it should have loaded and icon on the right hand corner.

The background is ofcourse changeable... thats the whole point of config... test it again... and let me know, if you see any errors...

What are you using to test the sound... as a standard test... check in Multimedia - Parole - Recent files . click ont the file used last.. it should play sound file.. or better.. from command line
            speaker-test -c2
            or
            aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Center.wav

Trust it solves your issues.

Alok

Comment

Adeptus,

This release includes Xfce4 desktop with an intent to keep the distribution to the minimal - (that is why it is called BASIC-GUI ) and that is why you are getting the entire distro in 247 MB. Having said that you can add any applet, utility - from the command line - apt-get install ... or using the synaptic software manager.

DM ?? You mean disk manager.. - gparted is built into the system, you can add any available from the system
              The main: How to change the screen resolution???
              The second: How to change Desktop Manager (f.ex. to KDE)?

Comment

Originally posted by shaan_npl View Post
                My internal wifi is not detected. Well I was able to use my wifi card in picuntu 4.4 distribution by a work around suggested by mmm123 by using command #echo 0bda 0179 > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/rtl8188eu/new_id in terminal but i can't try the same here as rtl8188eu folder is not present in /sys/usb/drivers/..
                Loading module using #ismod /lib/module/rkwifi.ko also doesn't work....
                Please help
                It would not connect, its not meant for the rtl818eu device.

You should be able to use the 8188eu.ko files from the 4.4 distribtution on this as well.

Let me see, if I can get you the 8188eu.ko file...

Alok

Comment

Originally posted by linuxerwang View Post
                  Thanks! Look forward to the new 3.0.72+ kernel.
                  Hi, Alok

Are you sure rk3188_picuntu-4.4-MK802IV-AP6210_defconfig is the one you used to build the picuntu 4.5 kernel? At least the CONFIG_CMDLINE is not for NAND. I tried it and also tried tweak it with the mtdparts matching parameter file, but the kernels I built won't light up the monitor so I can't tell what's the problem. If you can share the exact config when you build 4.5 kernel, that will be awesome.

Thank you.

Comment

The main: How to change the screen resolution???
                    The second: How to change Desktop Manager (f.ex. to KDE)?
                    Desktop resolution - at this point of time, you cannot change from the drop down... you need to use fbset commands to do that. This needs to be done using command line

You can install KDE using this at command line... or use synaptic package manager to search and install kubuntu-desktop

sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop (it should download around 340+MB of files) and use an additional 1Gig of your space.

I have not tested this.. but should work... Gnome does not work on this device, on 13.04, due to conflict of Unity with hardware accel.

Let us know how it goes...

Alok

Comment

is planning a version for rk3066 (as mk808)?
                      thanks.

Comment

you need to use fbset commands to do that
                        My Great man!

As I know - fbset will be RESET after reboot - not right?

Comment

My Great man!

As I know - fbset will be RESET after reboot - not right?
                          It will, which is why after you have done your settings and made peace with fbset, put an entry in /etc/rc.local

Alok

Comment

Thank you very much for your help...

You should be able to use the 8188eu.ko files from the 4.4 distribtution on this as well.

Alok
                            Thanks....
                            Waiting for 8188eu.ko file....

Comment

Alok
                              I got the 8188eu.ko file from mmm123's sd/usb package in this thread.

I'm able to insmod it, and it seems to work just fine, almost. The wlan0 device appears and I'm able to scan for networks. I am however not able to connect to anything. Even tried turning off the encryption on my router, and still no luck. Also tried manually instead of using wicd, and the result is the same...

Any advice? If you need any logs or outputs, let me know.

//snark

Comment

It will, which is why after you have done your settings and made peace with fbset, put an entry in /etc/rc.local
                                Sorry, my GURU - but you should be write in the notify - "FOR ONLY V.A.L.U.!" (Very.Advanced.Linux.Users) - not for all...

Comment

Working...
                                X