Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Great work like always, you guys got a real minipc, working in linux, if one day,we got hardware video aceleration, it will be perfect.

Thanks a lot.

And I think that this is not for very advanced Linux users, yes, sometimes can be hard to configure, but thanks to the support from the people, and the precise instructions (some users apologize about fails and they can't read carefully a few posts) it can be done.
    If a user want a ready to work out of box device, pay for it. Thanks to people like picuntu team and others we got great functionality in this cheaps devices, it can be improved, and they do it in each version, but please try to thank them for the hard work they do.

leolas.
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
      Great work like always, you guys got a real minipc, working in linux, if one day,we got hardware video aceleration, it will be perfect.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by snark View Post
        I got the 8188eu.ko file from mmm123's sd/usb package in this thread.

I'm able to insmod it, and it seems to work just fine, almost. The wlan0 device appears and I'm able to scan for networks. I am however not able to connect to anything. Even tried turning off the encryption on my router, and still no luck. Also tried manually instead of using wicd, and the result is the same...

Any advice? If you need any logs or outputs, let me know.

//snark
        Hmm... that is very strange...
        Here are the steps you need to do in command line, (assuming there is no encryption)
        Code:
        iwconfig
        ifconfig wlan0
        iwconfig wlan essid "NAME OF YOUR ACCESPOINT"
        dhclient wlan0
        This should get you the network.

Wicd - actually works very well... if you are able to scan the network and see the various networks,, it _SHOULD_ work. As you have done before - please try with wicd - WITHOUT encryption - once you test it out - you can get back to encryption.

Alok

Comment

Originally posted by linuxerwang View Post
          Hi, Alok

Are you sure rk3188_picuntu-4.4-MK802IV-AP6210_defconfig is the one you used to build the picuntu 4.5 kernel? At least the CONFIG_CMDLINE is not for NAND. I tried it and also tried tweak it with the mtdparts matching parameter file, but the kernels I built won't light up the monitor so I can't tell what's the problem. If you can share the exact config when you build 4.5 kernel, that will be awesome.

Thank you.
          Grr... that was the SD one...

Get the config file here picuntu-4.5-MK802IV-AP6210-NAND-1080p.config

It is far more convenient to enable the /proc/config - shall be fixed in the next release...

Alok Sinha

Comment

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post

It is far more convenient to enable the /proc/config - shall be fixed in the next release...

Alok Sinha
            and where to get initramfs-3.0.36+.cpio
            ???

Compile or 720p, and:
            ./arch/arm/mach-rk3188/board-rk3188-box.c
            Code:
                    //{.frequency = 312 * 1000,       .index = 900 * 1000},       
                   {.frequency = 504 * 1000,       .index = 925 * 1000},
                    {.frequency = 816 * 1000,       .index = 1000 * 1000},
                    {.frequency = 1008 * 1000,      .index = 1075 * 1000},
                    {.frequency = 1200 * 1000,      .index = 1150 * 1000},
                    {.frequency = 1416 * 1000,      .index = 1250 * 1000},
                    {.frequency = 1608 * 1000,      .index = 1350 * 1000},

{.frequency = CPUFREQ_TABLE_END},
            };

static struct cpufreq_frequency_table dvfs_gpu_table[] = {
                   //{.frequency = 133 * 1000,       .index = 975 * 1000},
                   //{.frequency = 150 * 1000,       .index = 975 * 1000},
                   {.frequency = 200 * 1000,       .index = 1000 * 1000},  
                   {.frequency = 266 * 1000,       .index = 1025 * 1000},  
                   {.frequency = 300 * 1000,       .index = 1050 * 1000},  
                   {.frequency = 400 * 1000,       .index = 1100 * 1000},
                   {.frequency = 600 * 1000,       .index = 1250 * 1000},
            };

static struct cpufreq_frequency_table dvfs_ddr_table[] = {
                //{.frequency = 200 * 1000 + DDR_FREQ_SUSPEND,    .index = 950 * 1000},
                {.frequency = 536 * 1000 + DDR_FREQ_VIDEO,      .index = 1100 * 1000},
                {.frequency = 536 * 1000 + DDR_FREQ_NORMAL,     .index = 1100 * 1000},
            };
            Last edited by vmkogeretla; 10-10-2013, 07:20.

Comment

Hello everybody,

I'm a programmer and have some knowledge in linux. I found out about LXC and have a question for you, would it be possible to get the Picuntu version compatible with LXC? http://lxc.teegra.net/#_kernel_setup I have tried to compile such kernel for my GK802, but either the stick does not load, or no network is left. I have too little knowledge about the kernel and low level linux.

If it would be possible to get such picuntu version, I am willing to buy either T428 or MK802IV. Just let me know if it is possible.

Comment

I had installed the PicUntu-4.5 to my Ugoos UT1, but the linux system can't get my network. No ethernet, no wifi. And I try to play the video file, all of them said no codec. How can fix it ? How can I install the VLC to it, where can get the arm version of vlc .

Thanks.

Comment

Oi

I've registered to Freaktab just because of this thread. I've been following this forum intensely since the release of the Tronsmart t428...

This is a hefty work you do guys, and I wish to (by this post) try to reach out to YOU that's working on this. Thanks, i mean it. I'm not a programmer that's testing out every version/kernel/patch/flash that comes out but since i'm very curious about the develpoment i'm glad for the work you do.

Anyone test this on Tronsmart T428? I'm close to try but since i'm using spotify while listening to music with my daughter i can't really talk myself into rooting just yet.

Peace! / have a great day/night/whatever / Scooberdanje

Comment

Originally posted by frrick View Post
                    I had installed the PicUntu-4.5 to my Ugoos UT1, but the linux system can't get my network. No ethernet, no wifi. And I try to play the video file, all of them said no codec. How can fix it ? How can I install the VLC to it, where can get the arm version of vlc .

Thanks.

i'm wondering the same things!!

Comment

mk908 v3

hi,

it is possible to run picuntu 4.5 from nand on mk908 v3 sticks with omegamoon 3.0.72+ kernel following these steps:

1.- install picuntu 4.5 on your stick.
                      2.- flash kernel_sd.img from attached file to boot from a working external SD picuntu (e.g. 4.4) installation (system partitition label = linuxroot)
                      3.- mount NAND (e.g. sudo mount /dev/mtdblock2 /mnt)
                      4.- copy prebuild 3.0.72+ modules (omegamoon git) to nand filesystem: /mnt/lib/modules/3.0.72+
                      5.- flash kernel_nand.img
                      6.- boot to picuntu 4.5!

Hardware console working on UART ttyS2 (console mod http://www.omegamoon.com/blog/static...serial_console) . Put this file ttyS2.conf in /etc/init to get a login:

# ttyS2 - getty
                      #
                      # This service maintains a getty on ttyS0 from the point the system is
                      # started until it is shut down again.

start on stopped rc or RUNLEVEL=[2345]
                      stop on runlevel [!2345]

respawn
                      exec /sbin/getty -L 115200 ttyS2 vt102

Thanks for picuntu!

Last edited by gmtii; 10-10-2013, 22:40.

Comment

Originally posted by frrick View Post

Thanks.
                        VLC

VLC is available in the repository...

Code:
                        apt-get install vlc.
                        Ofcourse you would need to have a net connection for this... or ... download manually and then install through

Code:
                        dpkg -i vlc.... .deb
                        vlc should work... out of the box.

For network cards - you have to get hold of your .ko files ( I am not sure, what is the ethernet and wifi used in Ugoos T1. - I dont have this device)

But a simple way would be to
                        1. Get hold of the driver (lets say 8188eu.ko ) from another linux/android installation where it is working.
                        2. Put it in /lib/modules/kernel directory on PicUntu
                        3. Run
                        Code:
                        depmod -a
                        To get the modules loaded.
                        4. Next add 8188eu (note, this is an example not real - your actual file may be different) as a line in
                        /etc/modules - This will make the changes permanent, post boot.
                        5. iwconfig wlan0 (or wlan1) as your case may be.
                        6. ifconfig should now show you the ethernet/wifi card
                        7. Go to wicd manager and scan/connect.

Hope it helps.

Alok

Comment

Originally posted by narcois View Post
                          is planning a version for rk3066 (as mk808)?
                          thanks.
                          Not yet. Is NOT planned in the short term future.

Alok Sinha

Comment

Originally posted by MrEd View Post
                            Hello everybody,

I'm a programmer and have some knowledge in linux. I found out about LXC and have a question for you, would it be possible to get the Picuntu version compatible with LXC? http://lxc.teegra.net/#_kernel_setup I have tried to compile such kernel for my GK802, but either the stick does not load, or no network is left. I have too little knowledge about the kernel and low level linux.

If it would be possible to get such picuntu version, I am willing to buy either T428 or MK802IV. Just let me know if it is possible.
                            MrED - why not try this out... you have the config file and you can pretty much use the compiler to compile a kernel for yourself.

It will be nice to find out if you get the LXC to work - in all probabilities, it should work... but unless one tests this, one cannot be sure.

Alok

Comment

Originally posted by gmtii View Post
                              hi,

it is possible to run picuntu 4.5 from nand on mk908 v3 sticks with omegamoon 3.0.72+ kernel following these steps:

1.- install picuntu 4.5 on your stick.
                              2.- flash kernel_sd.img from attached file to boot from a working external SD picuntu (e.g. 4.4) installation (system partitition label = linuxroot)
                              3.- mount NAND (e.g. sudo mount /dev/mtdblock2 /mnt)
                              4.- copy prebuild 3.0.72+ modules (omegamoon git) to nand filesystem: /mnt/lib/modules/3.0.72+
                              5.- flash kernel_nand.img
                              6.- boot to picuntu 4.5!

Hardware console working on UART ttyS2 (console mod http://www.omegamoon.com/blog/static...serial_console) . Put this file ttyS2.conf in /etc/init to get a login:

# ttyS2 - getty
                              #
                              # This service maintains a getty on ttyS0 from the point the system is
                              # started until it is shut down again.

start on stopped rc or RUNLEVEL=[2345]
                              stop on runlevel [!2345]

respawn
                              exec /sbin/getty -L 115200 ttyS2 vt102

Thanks for picuntu!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_kc...it?usp=sharing

Very nice gmiti.. well done... Thank you for the pack - it seems complete, Its exciting to test this... will do soon.
                              I was working to get the PicUntu released on Mk908, you just saved a lot of efforts.

While, I get this into a complete pack - A simple step could be.
                              1. Unzip the Picuntu 4.5Nand folder - on Linux
                              2. Mount the system.img into a directory. Copy Omegamoons - firmware/modules into the <mountedfile>/lib/modules
                              3. Make changes to the <mountedfile>/etc/init (as you have done)
                              4. Flash your compiled NAND kernel directly - and you are done !!

You may hit the time bug - fsck mount time... I solved by setting my linux machine to 1/1/1970 before mounting/unmounting the filesystem (uggh) .. also fixed /etc/fsck.conf (broken_system_time option) but that had not worked...

Anyways, I am so definitely going to try this out... cool stuff - Thanks.

Alok

Comment

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post

Alok Sinha

Thanks for sharing it with us, Alok!

Can you also share the ../mytools/4.8-mkalokimg.sh file? Looks like you have a handle shell script which I believe will help lots of people customize their own kernel. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X