Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phjanderson View Post
    Here's my attempt for adding support for other devices to PicUntu:
    Linux Source - RK3188 - PicUntu. Contribute to phjanderson/Linux3188 development by creating an account on GitHub.

The kernel has parameterization of several things like GPIO lines. It defaults to the mk802iv ap6210 settings.

I added two defconfigs for the t428 and qx1 to show how it works. (just compare them with the mk802iv defconfig)

I also added a platform "picuntu3188" to my marvin build tool:
    Marvin - Android kernel build tool. Contribute to phjanderson/marvin development by creating an account on GitHub.

To build a kernel, do the following:
    Code:
    ./marvin platform picuntu3188
    ./marvin config t428 1080p
    ./marvin build
    All of it is untested as I haven't had time to install picuntu yet, but should work I guess.

Oh, and I also added the ethernet driver for the X7, should work with the t428 config (not all drivers for other devices such as IR and analog audio are added yet though).
    Hello.
    Minix X7 :
    Does it mean that if I replace the original kernel of the PicUntu 4.5-NAND-BasicGUI-kit with the picuntu-kernel-4.5.img found here https://github.com/phjanderson/Linux3188 the Mnix Box will run PicUntu with a working ethernet ?
    Many thanks.

Comment

Mali support

Hello I read article today about MK802iV LE on liliputing, nice work.
      Shame is that it can't be used as MediaCenter PC for my TV untill hw video accelaration will be enabled.
      Are there some news related to have mali 400 fully supported? (hope that yes)

Thanks!

Comment

Great Work.
        I was able to install this with no problems and then install OpenCV and SimpleCV for the work I am doing.

I do have one major issue though. I cannot get any webcams to work..
        This is critical for the work I am doing.

Many thanks
        Narc

Comment

Originally posted by marcwolf View Post
          Great Work.
          I was able to install this with no problems and then install OpenCV and SimpleCV for the work I am doing.

I do have one major issue though. I cannot get any webcams to work..
          This is critical for the work I am doing.

Many thanks
          Narc
          What Cam are u using ?

Alok

Comment

Originally posted by flacdo View Post
            Hello.
            Minix X7 :
            Does it mean that if I replace the original kernel of the PicUntu 4.5-NAND-BasicGUI-kit with the picuntu-kernel-4.5.img found here https://github.com/phjanderson/Linux3188 the Mnix Box will run PicUntu with a working ethernet ?
            Many thanks.
            Why not try the same...phjanderson has done some very impressive work

Alok

Comment

Is someone get ap6210 chip working ? My stick is J22 CX-912 with dual antennas, wifi works great in Android on neomode ROM. After installing PicUnTU 4.5 wifi isn't working. I pulled out all *.ko from neomode ROM - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rx2c5dmwcy086xt/6AquUC47zP

Is it possible to load wifi module in PicUNTU ? The dmesg log showing a few attempts enabling wifi http://paste.ubuntu.com/6460369/

Comment

Originally posted by Demontager View Post
                Is someone get ap6210 chip working ? My stick is J22 CX-912 with dual antennas, wifi works great in Android on neomode ROM. After installing PicUnTU 4.5 wifi isn't working. I pulled out all *.ko from neomode ROM - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rx2c5dmwcy086xt/6AquUC47zP

Is it possible to load wifi module in PicUNTU ? The dmesg log showing a few attempts enabling wifi http://paste.ubuntu.com/6460369/
                I compiled a working kernel (with WIFI) for the J22 with phjanderson's marvin tool. (Thanks to all contributors on freaktab for making it so easy for use to compile a kernel.). Please try it:
                kernel_marvin_j22_ap6210_1080p.zip.

Flash the new kernel "kernel_marvin_j22_ap6210_1080p.img" with the RKAndroidTool on your J22.

Comment

perun, thanks, thanks, thanks!!! Working for me. Only it reports that can't detect card mac address and set power. Dmesg log http://paste.ubuntu.com/6465539/ Don't know if so important and if it badly impact performance, need to test. At least wifi working and auto bringing up on boot
                  Code:
                  root@g8picuntu:~# iwconfig
                  lo        no wireless extensions.

sit0      no wireless extensions.

ip6tnl0   no wireless extensions.

p2p0      IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:off/any  
                            Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=1496 dBm   
                            Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
                            Encryption key:off
                            Power Management:on

wlan0     IEEE 802.11  ESSID:"ASUS-HBK"  
                            Mode:Master  Frequency:2.457 GHz  Access Point: BC:AE:C5:C3:ED:6D   
                            Bit Rate=36 Mb/s   Tx-Power:32 dBm   
                            Retry min limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
                            Encryption key:off
                            Power Managementmode:All packets received
                            Link Quality=5/5  Signal level=-27 dBm  Noise level=-92 dBm
                            Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
                            Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:0   Missed beacon:0
                  Can we also use kernel which allows 1.8 Ghz freq., is it exists actually ? I need this stick run as webserver, so CPU power is important.
                  Fresh clean PicUntu 4.5 without xfce GUI and cpufreq set to performance showing such load: http://s22.postimg.org/s661m9ywh/Scr...3_22_28_29.png

Also another big bottleneck is internal NAND speed, according to dd:
                  Code:
                  root@g8picuntu:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
                  16384+0 records in
                  16384+0 records out
                  1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 132.474 s, 8.1 MB/s
                  I wondering how to put system on SSD drive. I think it will be much better.

Comment

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post
                    Why not try the same...phjanderson has done some very impressive work

Alok
                    Hi and thank you !
                    Well, according to my poor english you mean : why not trying the original kernel ?
                    That is what I have done, with bad result for the ethernet connection. And that is why I was wondering if the phjanderson kernel replacement would be ok.
                    Or maybe this is your answer : try the replacement...
                    Arg...
                    I Have to go back to school
                    Thanks again !

Comment

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post
                      What Cam are u using ?

Alok
                      Hi Alok

I have tried several

Microsoft LifeCam vx-3000 - I can see is with lsusb but no /dev/video0
                      Digitech N287 - Can see dev/video0 but wll not display any picture
                      Laser webcam - no lsusb
                      Ritmo webcam - no lsusb

Please help - my project really needs a webcam....
                      Many thanks
                      Marc

Comment

Originally posted by shaan_npl View Post
                        And here is the kernel....
                        First Unzip it
                        Just erase the older kernel and flash this one with rkflash tool 1.37 , you are good to go...
                        Hi,
                        I have a k-r42. The device is very slow to 1080p. May you compile a 720p kernel ?
                        Thank you very much.

Comment

Hi Alok

I have tried several

Microsoft LifeCam vx-3000 - I can see is with lsusb but no /dev/video0
                          Digitech N287 - Can see dev/video0 but wll not display any picture
                          Laser webcam - no lsusb
                          Ritmo webcam - no lsusb

Please help - my project really needs a webcam....
                          Many thanks
                          Marc
                          Hi.
                          I have gone further with some experiments. I found this page

Build Your Own Camera based on RK3066/RK3188. Contribute to sgjava/byoc development by creating an account on GitHub.

And when I installed cheese I could use the Digitech and Ritmo cams.. However the Microsoft and Logitech cams still would not register as video0

So I can use some camera's with the uvcdynctrl and see a webcam feed but it is very very slow and I am getting a constant string of libv4l2: errors

As I am not interested in webstreaming I did not go any further, however until the speed of frames and/or the drivers for the camera's are working it puts my research at a halt.

If you have any suggestion then that be great.
                          Dave

Comment

Webcams can do around 8-10 FPS at 640x480. The limitation is from USB speed.
                            If you are interested I can give you a very simple program which test pure webcam speed (e.g it just reads frames as soon as they are available for v4l driver) and measure rate.
                            my RK3188 and rk3066 devices give around 8-10 FPS, same webcam on old and slow Intel-based laptop gives 30FPS.

Comment

USB Webcams

Originally posted by mmm123 View Post
                              Webcams can do around 8-10 FPS at 640x480. The limitation is from USB speed.
                              If you are interested I can give you a very simple program which test pure webcam speed (e.g it just reads frames as soon as they are available for v4l driver) and measure rate.
                              my RK3188 and rk3066 devices give around 8-10 FPS, same webcam on old and slow Intel-based laptop gives 30FPS.
                              See http://www.rikomagic.co.uk/forum/vie...tart=30#p16659. It appears that USB cameras only work with the latest factory ROM, so I would assume that once the kernel is based on that it will work on the RK3188 in Linux or Android ROMs. They will not work on the original stock ROM (at least the MK802IV Pre-July model). On the MK808 I can easily get 640x480 @ 30 FPS with a cheap $6 USB webcam, no problem.

Comment

Hi.
                                I have gone further with some experiments. I found this page

Build Your Own Camera based on RK3066/RK3188. Contribute to sgjava/byoc development by creating an account on GitHub.

And when I installed cheese I could use the Digitech and Ritmo cams.. However the Microsoft and Logitech cams still would not register as video0

So I can use some camera's with the uvcdynctrl and see a webcam feed but it is very very slow and I am getting a constant string of libv4l2: errors

As I am not interested in webstreaming I did not go any further, however until the speed of frames and/or the drivers for the camera's are working it puts my research at a halt.

If you have any suggestion then that be great.
                                Dave
                                Make sure your user has permission to the video group:

usermod -a -G video <username>

This may not be the issue, but try it. Also, see my reply a couple of posts down.

Comment

Working...
                                X