Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PicUntu-4.5-nand-BasicGUI installer - One file, few click install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RKFlashkit w/ Rikomagic -- partition issues

Hi guys, I'm continuing to work with the Rikomagic EVO, planning to install Picuntu 4.5.

My query relates specifically to RKFlashkit, but I think it is worth posting here in case anyone can give me a 'Gotcha!'

I'm expecting to replace Ubuntu with Picuntu. The EVO ships from Rikomagic with a working Ubuntu 12.04. I therefore assume that it has boot, kernel and system partitions (plus the others that aren't accessible via RKFlashkit).

I invoke RKFlashkit with 'sudo rkflashkit' (which logically should avoid any permissions issues around libusb?)

I boot the EVO with a paperclip in the appropriate hole. It appears in the RKFLASHKIT 'Devices' submenu.

However, in the 'NAND partitions' submenu I can see only the partitions 'BOOT' and 'KERNEL', not 'SYSTEM'.

Do I need to reformat with the Windows tool to build the missing partition? Or is there an existing 'SYSTEM' partition that RKFlashkit can't get hold of for some reason?

Here's the output of the terminal from which I invoked RKFlashkit:

sudo rkflashkit
    200.0 0.0
    200.0 0.0
    /usr/share/rkflashkit/lib/rkflashkit/main.py:89: GtkWarning: gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert: assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed
    self.__text_buffer.insert(self.__text_buffer.get_e nd_iter(), message)
    200.0 0.0
    200.0 0.0
    200.0 0.0
    200.0 0.0
    200.0 0.0
    200.0 0.0
    200.0 0.0
    200.0 0.0
    210.0 0.0
    225.0 0.0
    255.0 0.0

Googling the GTK warning didn't tell me much, but maybe it will make sense to someone else...

TIA, W.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobbo View Post
      2.X Bootloader

Hi,

first let me say a big "thank you" to all contributors of PicUntu!

I've been (or still am) a vivid user of the old Picuntu on my RK3066 UG007. Just recently I got a RK3188 UG007B and upgraded it to a custom Android 4.4 ROM with bootloader V2.13. Switching back to the "old" 1.2 or 1.24 bootloader for Picuntu 4.5 seems to always brick my device. Lucky enough I've been able to get Android 4.4 running again.

Question is: Is there any way to install Picuntu with 2.X bootloader?

Thanks for all your work!

Alex
      Hello anything changed? is there any linux bootloader version 2.x for RK3188

Comment

hello. The link does not availabe ( PicUntu 4.5-nand-BasicGUI).

and does it run on MK809IV (Red slider version)

Comment

does anyone still have the image?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimandroidpc View Post
            does anyone still have the image?
            a bit late but its still available here
            Device : CS918 --> Sony Bravia 32" 720p

Naaah.. my English are good... most likely your eyes are broken o.O

Comment

Hello

I have a Lenovo Ideatab A10 its a 3188 too, but i have a problem when i try to get to the boot-loader mode the device goes black but my windows 10 cant recognize the device anymore

so is it possible to write this package into an SD card and boot from it ?? any help would be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by psychorat View Post

a bit late but its still available here
                http://nixtalk.net/files/picuntu_on_...sicgui-nand.7z
                It's dead here too. Does someone still have it? I'm desperately trying to get Linux onto my mk819 box (rk3066 6120wifi and LAN). I have managed to get the picuntu kernel installed to recovery, and I have got a system on the ext4 formatted sdcard but it seems the recovery kernel does not see the system installed...

So i thought maybe try the apk? But I can't find it

Comment

Originally posted by Overworld View Post

It's dead here too. Does someone still have it? I'm desperately trying to get Linux onto my mk819 box (rk3066 6120wifi and LAN). I have managed to get the picuntu kernel installed to recovery, and I have got a system on the ext4 formatted sdcard but it seems the recovery kernel does not see the system installed...

So i thought maybe try the apk? But I can't find it
                  i have uploaded this and some more i have in my hdd

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...gd?usp=sharing

also theres this one if you are interested
                  Device : CS918 --> Sony Bravia 32" 720p

Naaah.. my English are good... most likely your eyes are broken o.O

Comment

Working...
                  X