Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mk808b original and picubuntu

I am really a bit confused!
    My question is this -if I flash my mk808b with Bob's latest Rom 2.1 for mk808b then flash one of the available picubuntu kernels into recovery and use one of the available Picubuntu rootfs on a sd I will still have to use an external usb to lan adapter due to the fact that the mk808b wifi chip is not supported--correct?? ----if somebody has a working usb/lan adapter pls let me know which kernel you flashed and type/name of adapter!?
    Secondly could somebody give me the most updated links for above required picubuntu files. The threads in this forum are rather old and links don't seem to work.
    Many thanx
    Smbs

g8.net

3.0.8 kernel alok without internal wifi, usb lan adapter should work if you load the right module

you can try the kernel below for internal wifi, but i guess you have to load a few modules
    The kernel you can find on Picuntu releases is 3.0.8-alok+, but a few weeks ago I found a 3.0.36 kernel for RK devices in github, which was...

Comment

Originally posted by stefan555 View Post
      g8.net

3.0.8 kernel alok without internal wifi, usb lan adapter should work if you load the right module

you can try the kernel below for internal wifi, but i guess you have to load a few modules
      http://hwswbits.blogspot.nl/2013/05/...r-picuntu.html
      many thanx will give it a try

Comment

Hi Everybody,
        I'm also very interested in running Ubungu/Picuntu on my original mk808b, but so far the said loss of internal WiFi has kept me from giving it a try.

@Stefan555 Are you suggesting that with your resource, internal WiFi might be working? If anybody has any success to report, that would be awesome news!

Comment

Originally posted by 1234klaus View Post
          Hi Everybody,
          I'm also very interested in running Ubungu/Picuntu on my original mk808b, but so far the said loss of internal WiFi has kept me from giving it a try.

@Stefan555 Are you suggesting that with your resource, internal WiFi might be working? If anybody has any success to report, that would be awesome news!
          Im sorry im not, i own both mk808 and B model, i would not know how to get it working, i also have an usblan adapter but there are a few threats about it

Comment

Working...
          X