Multiboot development pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiboot development pack

Want to develop your own Linux kernel? Cook your own ROMs? Be able to boot both Android and Linux? Then try my multiboot development pack https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B99O...FJGdnZoOVhpOGM

Hopefully this contains everything you need to get you started, and then up and running, and sets you up for the future.

It includes instructions, config, pseudo makefiles, tools, initramfs, software and links to sources - everything you want in a single place.

See https://plus.google.com/109451178006...ts/QALQDkRpN6V for further details.

Much thanks, linuxium. I'm going to give this a try.
    T428

Comment

Re: Multiboot development pack

Thanks a lot, I will play with this tools.

leolas.
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

I'm having difficulty following the instructions.
        I get an error at :-

6. ....
        cp git-3188-SRC-AP6210.config git-3188-SRC-AP6210/kernel_ruikemei/.config

and thereafter.

Anybody managed to complete the instructions?

Comment

Originally posted by pee_bee View Post
          I'm having difficulty following the instructions.
          I get an error at :-

6. ....

and thereafter.

Anybody managed to complete the instructions?
          What is the error? Did step 5 complete correctly? Did you do the first cp of step 6?

Comment

My error is :-

cp: cannot create regular file `git-3188-SRC-AP6210/kernel_ruikemei/.config': No such file or directory

And it is probably a simple error on my part - but bear with me!

Comment

Originally posted by pee_bee View Post
              My error is :-

cp: cannot create regular file `git-3188-SRC-AP6210/kernel_ruikemei/.config': No such file or directory

And it is probably a simple error on my part - but bear with me!
              Did step 5 (git clone https://github.com/linuxium/3188-SRC-AP6210 git-3188-SRC-AP6210) complete successfully?

What happens if you so a "ls -ld git-3188-SRC-AP6210" and a "ls -ld git-3188-SRC-AP6210/kernel_ruikemei" and a "ls -l git-3188-SRC-AP6210"?

The error implies that there is no "kernel_ruikemei" sub-directory in "git-3188-SRC-AP6210" which points to a git failure. "git clone" will download the source into the local directory "git-3188-SRC-AP6210" which means that "git-3188-SRC-AP6210" will result in a whole directory tree within it which includes "kernel_ruikemei" which in turn contains "arch", "drivers", "kernel" etc.. If you are downloading your source from somewhere else, then perhaps the structure of the source directory is different?

Comment

Hello Ian,

your boot-partition-init way is a very nice solution to get multiboot. Thanks!

My device is a MK808-B, equiped with Linux (Kernel 3.0.36 Galland, Picuntu 4.4 RFS on SD) and Android (Finless Rom 2.1 on NAND).
                I just took Finless boot720.img, extracted it and did the steps from READ_ME:
                - renamed & linked 'init' binary
                - copied your 'init' script
                - copied 'initramfs-3.0.36+multiboot/bin' and 'initramfs-3.0.36+multiboot/lib' folders

Multiboot works fine, but as you may guess, display console output doesn't work and I'm searching for a way how to compile the called modules for my kernel.

snip from init line 68-72:
                # Insert FRAMEBUFFER modules to provide console display
                insmod /lib/modules/3.0.36+/kernel/drivers/video/console/softcursor.ko
                insmod /lib/modules/3.0.36+/kernel/drivers/video/console/bitblit.ko
                insmod /lib/modules/3.0.36+/kernel/drivers/video/console/font.ko
                insmod /lib/modules/3.0.36+/kernel/drivers/video/console/fbcon.ko

My /lib/modules/3.0.36+/kernel/drivers/video/ folder contains only a folder called 'rockchip' with disp_ump.ko
                Here is my config:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	menuconfig1.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	430962Click image for larger version

Name:	menuconfig2.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	430963

Could you help me to get these modules compiled?
                ̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶a̶̶y̶̶b̶̶e̶̶ ̶"̶r̶̶k̶̶_̶̶l̶̶v̶̶d̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶u̶̶p̶̶p̶̶o̶̶r̶̶t̶"̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶e̶̶e̶̶d̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶n̶̶a̶̶b̶̶l̶̶e̶̶d̶̶?̶

Edit: checked your config and "RK_LVDS support" is disabled, drop that question.

Conrad
                Last edited by conred; 10-18-2013, 14:50.

Comment

Originally posted by conred View Post
                  Hello Ian,

your boot-partition-init way is a very nice solution to get multiboot. Thanks!

My device is a MK808-B, equiped with Linux (Kernel 3.0.36 Galland, Picuntu 4.4 RFS on SD) and Android (Finless Rom 2.1 on NAND).
                  I just took Finless boot720.img, extracted it and did the steps from READ_ME:
                  - renamed & linked 'init' binary
                  - copied your 'init' script
                  - copied 'initramfs-3.0.36+multiboot/bin' and 'initramfs-3.0.36+multiboot/lib' folders

Multiboot works fine, but as you may guess, display console output doesn't work and I'm searching for a way how to compile the called modules for my kernel.

snip from init line 68-72:
                  # Insert FRAMEBUFFER modules to provide console display
                  insmod /lib/modules/3.0.36+/kernel/drivers/video/console/softcursor.ko
                  insmod /lib/modules/3.0.36+/kernel/drivers/video/console/bitblit.ko
                  insmod /lib/modules/3.0.36+/kernel/drivers/video/console/font.ko
                  insmod /lib/modules/3.0.36+/kernel/drivers/video/console/fbcon.ko

My /lib/modules/3.0.36+/kernel/drivers/video/ folder contains only a folder called 'rockchip' with disp_ump.ko
                  Here is my config:
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]3608[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3609[/ATTACH]

Could you help me to get these modules compiled?
                  ̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶a̶̶y̶̶b̶̶e̶̶ ̶"̶r̶̶k̶̶_̶̶l̶̶v̶̶d̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶u̶̶p̶̶p̶̶o̶̶r̶̶t̶"̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶n̶̶e̶̶e̶̶d̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶e̶̶n̶̶a̶̶b̶̶l̶̶e̶̶d̶̶?̶

Edit: checked your config and "RK_LVDS support" is disabled, drop that question.

Conrad
                  Change your "Framebuffer console support" from '*' to 'M" and then when you compile with "modules"/"modules_install" the .ko files wll be in your "output/lib/modules/3.0.36+" directory structure so you can then copy to the relevant "/lib" directories.

Comment

Yes, after reading the first words it came to mind, I should compile them as modules, not built-in.

Thanks for hunting out this newbie issue!

Comment

My little trial using the console modules for Galland's kernel doesn't work. Well, it could not work.

Having Finless Android-Kernel flashed to kernel partition and Linux-Kernel to recovery, it would require to have the console video modules for Android-Kernel to get the init script working, right?

Could you shortly explain how you compiled the modules that work with Rikomagic's ROM Android Kernel?

And thanks a lot for writing all this documentation, it's a nice learning pack for me.

Conrad

Comment

Originally posted by conred View Post
                        My little trial using the console modules for Galland's kernel doesn't work. Well, it could not work.

Having Finless Android-Kernel flashed to kernel partition and Linux-Kernel to recovery, it would require to have the console video modules for Android-Kernel to get the init script working, right?

Could you shortly explain how you compiled the modules that work with Rikomagic's ROM Android Kernel?

And thanks a lot for writing all this documentation, it's a nice learning pack for me.

Conrad
                        See step 18 - the console modules are only used in initramfs-3.0.36 and not in multiboot

Comment

" rk30xxnand_ko" help

Hello I build a kernel with option -mfloat-abi = hard kernel works.
                          Does not work I rk30xxnand_ko module.
                          I need information -?
                          how do I create this module rk30xxnand_ko which I need to change in ".config" that option.

Help appreciated.
                          flycast mk809iii

Comment

Originally posted by taki-arm View Post
                            Hello I build a kernel with option -mfloat-abi = hard kernel works.
                            Does not work I rk30xxnand_ko module.
                            I need information -?
                            how do I create this module rk30xxnand_ko which I need to change in ".config" that option.

Help appreciated.
                            rk30xxnand_ko is currently only available as a binary from Rockchip and they do not provide the source. Are you compiling locally? Why not cross compile by installing the GNU C compiler for armhf architecture (gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf) and then "make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-"?

Comment

make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-

Originally posted by linuxium View Post
                              rk30xxnand_ko is currently only available as a binary from Rockchip and they do not provide the source. Are you compiling locally? Why not cross compile by installing the GNU C compiler for armhf architecture (gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf) and then "make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-"?
                              Yes of course i have cross compile with Linaro 4.7 armhf much of the kernel is always set to rigidly.

Check in:

> Kernel-3188/arch/arm/Makefile

"KBUILD_CFLAGS + = $ (CFLAGS_ABI) $ (CFLAGS_THUMB2) $ (arch-y) $ (tune-y) $ (call cc-option,-mshort-load-bytes, $ (call cc-option,-malignment-traps, )) MSoft-float-Uarm
                              KBUILD_AFLAGS + = $ (CFLAGS_ABI) $ (AFLAGS_THUMB2) $ (arch-y) $ (tune-y)-include asm / unified.h-MSoft-float "

You can not add to cross compile flag-mfloat-abi = hard, always pop up error.

So the kernel is default "-softfp" only world you can build with-hardfp.

• team of Radxa Rock also will not get the code?
                              Last edited by taki-arm; 10-24-2013, 21:32. Reason: answer
                              flycast mk809iii

Comment

Working...
                              X