No announcement yet.

Linux Kernel for Minix Neo X7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it possible tu put your kernel in the recovery partition?

Comment

Originally posted by grzmrc View Post
      is it possible tu put your kernel in the recovery partition?
      +1

Comment

doesn't work in recovery partition on my T428 but it does work if flashed to kernel partition with rfs on removable sd-card.

Can you share source tree with config?
        T428

Comment

Originally posted by mustanley View Post
          doesn't work in recovery partition on my T428 but it does work if flashed to kernel partition with rfs on removable sd-card.

Can you share source tree with config?
          I've used the omegamoon 3.0.101+ sources, i've just modified the board-3188-box.c file to reserve mem for mali video and the correct pin for the bt hdmi and wifi... I'll try to upload my modified file. The .config can be retrieved by executing zcat /proc/config.gz >> /home/debian/.config (obviously after having the kernel installed and booted up on ur X7) . Yeah it doesn't work on recovery cause i built it with the rkcrc settings for loading it from kernel... If you take the .config and modify the board-3188-box.c you can build your own kernel too ....

EDIT : here there are my .config and the modded .c file (to be put in arch/arm/mach-rk3188/ ) minixX73.0.101.zip

Comment

Does the compiz desktop effects works?

Comment

Originally posted by grzmrc View Post
              Does the compiz desktop effects works?
              that depends on your mali xf86fbturbo settings...
              the only thing related 2 video NOT working is the hw decoding (cause the vpu drivers are not yet available)...
              So yes, compiz should work as long as you set up a correct video environment for ur x7

Comment

There is a new release of the linux kernel for our rk3188, version 3.10.30 or something like that,
                looks like these are the sources for building a chromeos img but it should work for our purpose too.
                can anyone test it on our X7 and feedback???
                I would love 2 help but this post looks abandoned ...

Comment

Updated Linux 3.10 kernel from Rockchip with support for RK3188 and RK3288
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Has someone managed to run that 3.10 kernel on Minix Neo x7?

Comment

Originally posted by knawnd View Post
                      Has someone managed to run that 3.10 kernel on Minix Neo x7?
                      mmm i'm having lot of troubles with this one...
                      i cant even get a bootbale kernel from it... sounds like we re missing dtb files...
                      and i dont even know how to make one for our x7

Comment

Originally posted by DNSound View Post
                        mmm i'm having lot of troubles with this one...
                        i cant even get a bootbale kernel from it... sounds like we re missing dtb files...
                        and i dont even know how to make one for our x7
                        Could that info help us?

Comment

Originally posted by DNSound View Post
                          Hi all,
                          finally I managed to build a working 3.0.101+ kernel for my minix x7, thanks to Omegamoon ...
                          It has built-in everything that I need (full network stack and kernel-enabled AP6300 driver, waiting for the related binary to get released, fb console working on hdmi 1080p ,OC to 1.70 GHz RAM OC to 600 MHz,mali kernel enabled), except for the mali modules, which need to be built separately....
                          2 versions : 1 for booting from sd and one from NAND, as linux-rockchip.com says ...

sd version :

nand version :

for the installation procedure , look at http://linux-rockchip.info/mw/index....=Linux_on_NAND , especially for the parameter file, I used this website as a base for compiling ...

Hope it will be useful, it was a real challenge to get it fully working , lot of rk3188-box.c patching lol
                          I've just flashed SD version of your 3.0.101+ kernel. So thank you very much!
                          But could you please also share modules for that kernel to put them into /lib/modules/3.0.101+ (including mali driver)?

Comment

Hi all, some time ago I installed linux on sd and it works great except for mali(kernel 3.0.36+). Is now possible to run compiz graphics effects?

Comment

Hi guys, I fought with my damn MINIX Neo X7 for two weeks but it doesn't start running the Chenac' image...
                              I finally managed to get it started with an image of Ian Morrison but the wifi dongle don't want work: I have loaded the rkwifi module without any issue but if I launch
                              Code:
                              ifconfig p2p0 up
                              the system gives me the error
                              Code:
                              SIOCSIFFLAGS: Invalid argument
                              Any idea?
                              Last edited by giupmat; 02-18-2015, 13:42.

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your work!
                                Could someone please repost the working omegamoon 101 config with the modded files ? (minixX73.0.101.zip)

Regards,
                                san

Comment

Working...
                                X