T428 boots to the bootloader instead of NAND or SD card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T428 boots to the bootloader instead of NAND or SD card

I have my T428 with Nexus SDK2 Multi-Windows rom and linuxium-recovery-fb-fix-4-chromium-drm-hdmi-1080-boot-t428-multiboot kernel loaded in recovery. Initially it will boot in Android with no problems. Once I reboot to recovery from android terminal into picuntu which is loaded on the SD card I can use linux also without issue. However, from that point when I issue the reboot command from linux, the T428 will go into bootloader mode every time I power up the device. The only way to boot into android or linux again after that is to reflash the android rom, then reflash the linux recovery kernel. Does anyone know why this behavior is happening? I can reboot into Android over and over until I use the linux recovery kernel and then after that it always goes into bootloader mode.
    T428

I have a similar problem, but my T428 is always booting in bootloader mode no matter what firmware I put in.
    Now I don't know how to take it out of this state...
    Maybe somebody can help me

Thank you

Comment

I found the issue related to using the improper RK3188Loader(L)_Vx.xx.bin
      You must reset the device by using a combination of the ROM_Flash_Tool_137.exe (i used the one from Finless 1.5a package with LoaderV1.20.bin) and also the RKBatchTool--1.7.exe ( I use the one from Lewy's ROM T428_HFW_2.0.3_720p_1080p.

Start by using ROM_Flash_Tool_137.exe (check the box for RK3188Loader(L)_V1.20.bin only) and Erase IDB. It will probably show an incorrect block count like 1024 or 2132. We want it to count 2048 when erasing.

Next run the RKBatchtool--1.7.exe and select the rom image. Next click the "Upgrade" button and wait until it eventually fails to complete the Upgrade with with red highlighted text in the log area.

Go back to ROM_Flash_Tool_1.37.exe and click "Erase IDB" again. This time it will likely not display a block count at all but will say it completely successfully. Now try flashing the full Finless 1.5a firmware and at the initial step it should hopefully show 2048 blocks in the log window as it starts the flash. Once that completes it will hopefully not stay in bootloader mode any longer.

This has happened to me many times and every time I can identify the issue by the block count reading 1024 or 2132 when I attempt to flash new kernels or recovery or entire ROMs.
      T428

Comment

Working...
      X