X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SCRIPT] Modifying Display Scale

First off sorry if this doesnt warrent its own thread,

I wrote a script for managing a displays scale, and to fix under/over scan with different displays on rk3188 deivces (possibly rk3066 devices?) by modifying fb0's scale

heres a link to it https://www.dropbox.com/s/or01bztx4patw71/fb-scale.sh

You should run it with "sudo bash fb-scale.sh"
    Hope it helps someone.

Cheers

Originally posted by jointherealms View Post
    First off sorry if this doesnt warrent its own thread,

I wrote a script for managing a displays scale, and to fix under/over scan with different displays on rk3188 deivces (possibly rk3066 devices?) by modifying fb0's scale

heres a link to it https://www.dropbox.com/s/or01bztx4patw71/fb-scale.sh

You should run it with "sudo bash fb-scale.sh"
    Hope it helps someone.

Cheers
    HI DEAR
    IT HELPS ME FOR MANAGING DISPLAY SCALE AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY.
    THANKS A LOT

I M NOOB IN LINUX AND TRYING TO LEARN IT.
    I JUST WANTED TO ASK ONE THING - HOW CAN I MAKE ENTRY IN RC.LOCALE BECAUSE IT SHOWS PERMISSION DENIED. I M USING PICUNTU 4.5.

ANI1NONLY.

Comment

Originally posted by ani1nonly View Post
      HI DEAR
      IT HELPS ME FOR MANAGING DISPLAY SCALE AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY.
      THANKS A LOT

I M NOOB IN LINUX AND TRYING TO LEARN IT.
      I JUST WANTED TO ASK ONE THING - HOW CAN I MAKE ENTRY IN RC.LOCALE BECAUSE IT SHOWS PERMISSION DENIED. I M USING PICUNTU 4.5.

ANI1NONLY.
      You need to modify rc.local as root user, so run sudo gedit /etc/rc.local (if necessary replace gedit with the text editor picuntu uses)

Comment

Amazing!

I think this script should be a part of all the Images available online. It worked flawlessly. 95% was spot-on with my screen size. One more question, how do I make the changes permanent cause it seems the screen comes back to "oversize" when I reboot the Dongle.

Comment

Originally posted by bamit99 View Post
          I think this script should be a part of all the Images available online. It worked flawlessly. 95% was spot-on with my screen size. One more question, how do I make the changes permanent cause it seems the screen comes back to "oversize" when I reboot the Dongle.
          Hi, glad it works for you, so to enable this at boot, you can use the /etc/rc.local file (i wrote that script very quickly, didn't have time to enable it at boot)

You can add:

Code:
          echo "$scale $scale" > /sys/devices/platform/rk-fb/graphics/fb0/scale
          (replacing $scale with the value that works for you.) to /etc/rc.local (before "exit0") and it should enable at boot. Or just use your Desktop environments "Startup applications" and add the above command.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by jointherealms View Post
            Hi, glad it works for you, so to enable this at boot, you can use the /etc/rc.local file (i wrote that script very quickly, didn't have time to enable it at boot)

You can add:

Code:
            echo "$scale $scale" > /sys/devices/platform/rk-fb/graphics/fb0/scale
            (replacing $scale with the value that works for you.) to /etc/rc.local (before "exit0") and it should enable at boot. Or just use your Desktop environments "Startup applications" and add the above command.

Cheers
            Perfect! Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks a lot !

Comment

It doesn't work for me. I try it in my t428 with ubuntu 12.04 but nothing changes. The script changes the values in the scale file but monitor does not scale.
                I can't solve overscan problem with linux image on sd card and my damned asus 24T1e monitor...

Comment

Originally posted by pippo.farlocco View Post
                  It doesn't work for me. I try it in my t428 with ubuntu 12.04 but nothing changes. The script changes the values in the scale file but monitor does not scale.
                  I can't solve overscan problem with linux image on sd card and my damned asus 24T1e monitor...
                  Solved.. Restarting lightdm process it works!

Comment

Working...
                  X