This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linuxium's Bootloader software for RK3188 devices

The power of a bootloader lies in giving you the choice in what happens after you power your device on. Perhaps you want to boot Linux and not Android. And you want Debian not Ubuntu. Maybe you need quick access to Android as you just need to run one applications. Or perhaps you want to test that new ROM before deciding whether to adopt it.

Hopefully what follows together with the software will help with some of these issues.

Two aspects I have focused on cover creating flexibility in booting both Linux and Android from either NAND or SD card together with a simple way to save and restore existing installs.

I've tried to make the code device independent and I've provided full source and instructions in the hope that many will find it easy to tailor to their specific hardware and needs.

This latest version will:

Check if there is an SD card with Linux and then offer to:
    Boot Linux from SD card or
    Install Linux to NAND
    Check if there is an SD card with Android and then offer to:
    Boot Android from SD Card or
    Install Android to NAND
    Check if Linux is installed on NAND and then offer to:
    Boot Linux from NAND or
    Remove Linux from NAND or
    Save Linux to SD card
    Check if Android is installed on NAND and then offer to:
    Boot Android from NAND or
    Remove Android from NAND or
    Save Android to SD card

as well as offering access to the command-line by invoking a shell.

The provided binaries are for the new model MK802IV with the latest firmware (131107) but can easily be tailored to support any device or specific configuration requirement, for example just have the device running Linux but also boot Android from SD card if one is loaded.

The basic configuration as supplied facilitates the backup of both Linux and Android together with a simple way to install Linux. I've also provided five utilities: create an empty Linux or empty Android SD card, create an empty SD card for either Linux or Android and create an SD card with either Linux or Android installed on it.

Please goto https://plus.google.com/109451178006...ts/9DvTKTy99Yy for the software, instructions, pictures and source code.

I've also posted binaries for other devices and whilst they are untested kernels as I don't have the devices I hope they may be of interest:
    • Old model MK802IV
    • T428
    • MK908
    • Devices using LCDC0

Comment

Closed as superseded with new version

This post has been superseded with http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...roid-and-Linux and http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...onnected-drive which provide simpler installation and includes booting Linux from an USB connected drive.

Comment

Working...
      X