Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AllWinner A80 as front-end for e.g. Tvheadend backend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAS View Post
    strange tho, just noticed that live stream in ustvnow addon does still have green bar.
    That bar does not show on my other devices. weird lol
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9359[/ATTACH]
    MAS, I noticed that you have the raspberry Pi running MC. I have been tying to get a PVR backend to run on one of these android boxes, without much luck. DVBLogic has a PVR server that runs on the Raspberry. I talked to the tech from their site, and he acknowledged that it will work, but very sluggish, would you be so kind to test it for me? If it works good as a PVR server, I will purchase one. Here is the link for the DVBLink server, for the Raspberry, and it gives 20 free days for evaluation, and also there are EPG grabbers that also have free trial periods. I would reallly be interested if this will work. I know this is asking a lot.

thanks again.

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
    MAS, I noticed that you have the raspberry Pi running MC. I have been tying to get a PVR backend to run on one of these android boxes, without much luck. DVBLogic has a PVR server that runs on the Raspberry. I talked to the tech from their site, and he acknowledged that it will work, but very sluggish, would you be so kind to test it for me? If it works good as a PVR server, I will purchase one. Here is the link for the DVBLink server, for the Raspberry, and it gives 20 free days for evaluation, and also there are EPG grabbers that also have free trial periods. I would reallly be interested if this will work. I know this is asking a lot.

thanks again.

http://dvblogic.com/en/software/raspberry-pi/
    uhh lol, yea my pi runs on osmc but a very early teaser version, i noticed today Sam made alpha 1 available and for a moment thought about installing it but no hdmi left to connect and then i have to figure out what and how a pvr server works/is

lemme read up on pvr server and then maybe i know what your asking
    Uno MAS
    Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
    Ouya
    Vega s89H > finless 2.1
    Minix X8-H plus
    rii i8+ & rii i25A & Yatse

Comment

Originally posted by MAS View Post
      uhh lol, yea my pi runs on osmc but a very early teaser version, i noticed today Sam made alpha 1 available and for a moment thought about installing it but no hdmi left to connect and then i have to figure out what and how a pvr server works/is

lemme read up on pvr server and then maybe i know what your asking
      Thanks, that would be great.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

clarkss12 : I would recommend myself after testing, for PVR frontend & backend solutions:
        - backend: Linux/Debian/Ubuntu with Tvheadend (latest from git) + oscam for your subscription cards. Old/Classic PC with some PCI-E slot for the tuner card.
        - frontend: Telos with Finless beta 1.1 + latest official Xbmc with Tvheadend plugin for live TV.

I have set-up this myself, and being testing last few weeks those, and have to said, the image quality with this box is better then if I watch TV straight with the embedded TV tuner (dvb-c, for test switching input between TV and HDMI 1 in witch my box is plug, and color and such much better, vibrant, vivid ....)

It is very stable and very fast zapping faster then my samsung TV with the embedded TV tuner and CI. Only things still left is EPG is slow to display (too much, with too many channel) at first for timeline view, but with some tweak (only 1 day of EPG to display and not store EPG in local frontend it is better). Maybe also having a quad tuner might help with zapping time, as when I switch channel it is using next available tuner to do so.

Tvheadend can be use to combine different dvb source (dvb-t,dvb-c and dvb-s), then you can map channel as you want and create a centralised channel list(s) with centralised recordings and such.
        I would recommend a dual or quad tuner for this set-up as the price diff is not that big and that It would leave you more slot to add further tuner.

I am a longtime user of VDR (an other dvb server on linux) and VDR and TVheadend are I think the only one that can go so fast to zapp and such because all other dvb backend have to do some sort of fake recording to stream that recording live to the frontend or such (VDR and TVheadend pluggin seems the only one with direct access to stream and backend or such).

With that you have an ultimate PVR/DVB/multimedia solution, and there is many pluggin to control and programm rec or epg for Android and Idevice, working very well also

[EDIT] IF it could really help I can always provide a connection for testing purpose to my dvb Tvheadend server through WAN (with a fiber connection I am able to stream 4 HD channel without any problem), for some (MAS & Finless for ex.)
        Last edited by GJayJayG; 12-21-2014, 19:50.

Comment

sweet thanks, always good to know, i will ask you if i need it

sorry for the off topic
          Uno MAS
          Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
          Ouya
          Vega s89H > finless 2.1
          Minix X8-H plus

Comment

Originally posted by GJayJayG View Post
            clarkss12 : I would recommend myself after testing, for PVR frontend & backend solutions:
            - backend: Linux/Debian/Ubuntu with Tvheadend (latest from git) + oscam for your subscription cards.
            - frontend: Telos with Finless beta 1.1 + latest official Xbmc with Tvheadend plugin for live TV.

I have set-up this myself, and being testing last few weeks those, and have to said, the image quality with this box is better then if I watch TV straight with the embedded TV tuner (dvb-c, for test switching input between TV and HDMI 1 in witch my box is plug, and color and such much better, vibrant, vivid ....)

It is very stable and very fast zapping faster then my samsung TV with the embedded TV tuner and CI. Only things still left is EPG is slow to display (too much, with too many channel) at first for timeline view, but with some tweak (only 1 day of EPG to display and not store EPG in local frontend it is better). Maybe also having a quad tuner might help with zapping time, as when I switch channel it is using next available tuner to do so.

Tvheadend can be use to combine different dvb source (dvb-t,dvb-c and dvb-s), the you can map channel as you want and create a centralised channel list(s) with centralised recordings and such.
            I would recommend a dual or quad tuner for this set-up as the price diff is not that big and that It would leave you more slot to add further tuner.

I am a longtime user of VDR (an other dvb server on linux) and VDR and TVheadend are I think the only one that can go so fast to zapp and such because all other dvb backend have to do some sort of fake recording to stream that recording live to the frontend or such (VDR and TVheadend pluggin seems the only one with direct access to stream and backend or such).

With that you have an ultimate PVR/DVB/multimedia solution, and there is many pluggin to control and programm rec or epg for Android and Idevice, working very well also

[EDIT] IF it could really help I can always provide a connection for testing purpose to my dvb Tvheadend server through WAN (with a fiber connection I am able to stream 4 HD channel without any problem), for some (MAS & Finless for ex.)
            Thanks GJayJayG for your very good explanation, one thing I am not sure about is what hardware are you using for your backend.

Comment

For the backend part/server I am using a classic/old PC with PCi-E port for the dvb tuner, with linux (Debian/Ubuntu). The tuner card are available in PCI-Express 1 type (that can be plug in any PCI-E port so)
              But CPU and RAM are not a problem as I am not re-encoding anythings, just send the flux as I received it.
              For ex. when I stream 4 HD channel CPU is around 3-5 % or such, so only important things might be ethernet (normally with a Gigabit connection you should be able to make around 40 SD channel stream at once, so it should not be a problem either)..

[EDIT] One of best things about that set-up is that I do not need a TV wall socket/plug for my box to received TV, only the backend need access to the TV wall socket/plug all the frontend only an Ethernet connection or a good enough WIFI signal. I had a few place where I did not have a TV wall plug and could not put TV, but now I can with that system

[EDIT2] And as For the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor), the good things is that for all TV everywhere I tell them, switch tv ON, put HDMI1 and you have everythings you want from xbmc (auto-launch at startup), TV, video, rec, dl, music ..... With always the same GUI and remote
              Last edited by GJayJayG; 12-21-2014, 19:56.

Comment

For the backend part/server I am using a classic/old PC with PCi-E port for the dvb tuner, with linux (Debian/Ubuntu). The tuner card are available in PCI-Express 1 type (that can be plug in any PCI-E port so)
                But CPU and RAM are not a problem as I am not re-encoding anythings, just send the flux as I received it.
                For ex. when I stream 4 HD channel CPU is around 3-5 % or such, so only important things might be ethernet (normally with a Gigabit connection you should be able to make around 40 SD channel stream at once, so it should not be a problem either)..

[EDIT] One of best things about that set-up is that I do not need a TV wall socket/plug for my box to received TV, only the backend need access to the TV wall socket/plug all the frontend only an Ethernet connection or a good enough WIFI signal. I had a few place where I did not have a TV wall plug and could not put TV, but now I can with that system
                Sorry about hijacking this thread, I don't know how to move it to the appropriate thread.

Comment

Tell me where you want to have these posts and I will remove them...
                  BTW: what is "TV wall socket/plug"?
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                    Tell me where you want to have these posts and I will remove them...
                    BTW: what is "TV wall socket/plug"?
                    I think he is referring to the coaxial connector for the TV signal that feeds the tuners.

Comment

DONE to move...
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

My server of minix tvheadend android perfectly streamin other device that I tested one transponder (has 10 channel sd) all channel record and watchable other device. for exampla x86 pc win or ubuntu.(connect 8 dvb tuner that may be hotel system). I think that draco may be be trancode stream. becuse draco antutut score 50000. rk3188 cpu usgae mpeg2 channel for trancode cpu %80. if I were you . I buy dvbsk960 for dvbs . compiled driver for a80. perfectly play and streaming with tvheadend. and no need money only compile. no need other pc and device. android based device used low power. only need some body try it with a80. I wonder How pictures quality h264 avc mpeg4 ts with alwinner a80. clarkss12 may be try with dvb tuner a80. I try to compile hdhomerun tvheadend add on but android compile need some library that not to be compiled with NDK because glib is bionic.

other hand h265 hevc dvb channel started. Tvheadend found and streaming only need h265 hw decoder cpu (aml812 cpu). any dvbreceiver play this. but aml812+tvheadend+android that I think play.

12123 H

East
                        Türksat 4K tests DVB-S2
                        HEVC/UHD
                        15000-3/4
                        8PSK

Popicocuk
                        Last edited by taki; 12-22-2014, 10:54.

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                          DONE to move...
                          Thanks, no_spam.

Comment

[EDIT2] And as For the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor), the good things is that for all TV everywhere I tell them, switch tv ON, put HDMI1 and you have everythings you want from xbmc (auto-launch at startup), TV, video, rec, dl, music ..... With always the same GUI and remote
                            I am trying to find one of these mini PC's that have no fan and very low power for a server. I don't want to keep a power hungry PC running 24/7. The Raspberry PI was supposed to be server, but it is a little slow. Taki has been able to get tvheadend server working on these android boxes, but I haven't been able to do it myself.

Comment

so, to try my pi as pvr server wouldnt i need some sort of tuner to feed the pi a source to serve? doubt my humax wil do

i did install osmc alpha 1 on it and its still amazing how good the quality of playback is on such a small device
                              Uno MAS
                              Raspberry pi 2 > osmc
                              Ouya
                              Vega s89H > finless 2.1
                              Minix X8-H plus

Comment

Working...
                              X