No announcement yet.

live TV for all rk3188 using XBMC and tvheadend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read this thread but most of it was over my head. I'm going to buy a MiniX Neo X7 and thinking of purchasing a Kworld UB499-2T. Am I understanding correctly that following the setup in this post that I will be able to watch and record live TV just using those two devices and an external hard drive? Is HD not fully working? One user seems to be having problems with HD.

Comment

Originally posted by FlexiPack View Post
      I've read this thread but most of it was over my head. I'm going to buy a MiniX Neo X7 and thinking of purchasing a Kworld UB499-2T. Am I understanding correctly that following the setup in this post that I will be able to watch and record live TV just using those two devices and an external hard drive? Is HD not fully working? One user seems to be having problems with HD.
      The Kworld UB499-2T is not a HD tuner so you will not be able to watch HD, and yes you will be able to watch and record programs just using your MiniX X7 And the Kworld UB499-2T

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        Ah OK doing a little research. Is there a stick that you can connect a cable TV input? This uses an antenna which limits the broadcasted channels here in the US.

Bob
        I am not sure what broadcasting system the US uses according to wikipedia it uses ATSC but if you are using cable it should be DVB-C

a list of ATSC USB tuners http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/ATSC_USB_Devices
        a list of DVB-C USB tuners http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-C_USB_Devices

Comment

Originally posted by hasafly View Post
          @Sam321, Hi

i have an Minix X7, and an PCTV nanostick T2 (290e).

Can you provide me needed files so i can get Tvheadend working on my android box, with my tuner stick?

Appreciate it, so i can test if it works well!

Congratulations and thank you for your support here in this forum.

Regards
          I have not built the drivers for your tuner, I will have to see if I can build them

Comment

Re: live TV for all rk3188 using XBMC and tvheadend

Originally posted by sam321 View Post
            The Kworld UB499-2T is not a HD tuner so you will not be able to watch HD, and yes you will be able to watch and record programs just using your MiniX X7 And the Kworld UB499-2T
            Thanks for the info Sam. Can you recommend a HD DVB-T stick that's compatible? Are any DVB-T2 sticks compatible?

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk

Comment

I have not built the drivers for your tuner, I will have to see if I can build them
              Thank you Sam321. I will wait for it.

Regards

Comment

Thanks for the info Sam. Can you recommend a HD DVB-T stick that's compatible? Are any DVB-T2 sticks compatible?

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk
                technically speaking if the drivers load and work, it should work OK , however it depends whether the TV broadcast format is supported by the hardware acceleration, I do not own any DVB-T2 tuners so I cannot really say for sure and they are too expensive for me to buy just to test. As an educated guess I would say that it is too much for the system as the USB is not fast enough as it is not a full speed usb2 controler also the drivers that controle the USB are not very good, of course I could be wrong and there could be one tuner out there that would work perfectly, I cannot buy every one to try. In all honesty you would be better off using a raspberry pi as a backend as it runs on linux and the comunity support is amazing

Comment

technically speaking if the drivers load and work, it should work OK , however it depends whether the TV broadcast format is supported by the hardware acceleration, I do not own any DVB-T2 tuners so I cannot really say for sure and they are too expensive for me to buy just to test. As an educated guess I would say that it is too much for the system as the USB is not fast enough as it is not a full speed usb2 controler also the drivers that controle the USB are not very good, of course I could be wrong and there could be one tuner out there that would work perfectly, I cannot buy every one to try. In all honesty you would be better off using a raspberry pi as a backend as it runs on linux and the comunity support is amazing
                  I agree, I think the current gen of products are probably not up to recording HD. Maybe one or two gens from now they might be. If it weren't for the fact I wanted android for things then I would've looked into the RasPi. Thanks for your help.
                  Last edited by FlexiPack; 12-21-2013, 23:47.

Comment

I agree, I think the current gen of products are probably not up to recording HD. Maybe one or two gens from now they might be. If it weren't for the fact I wanted android for things then I would've looked into the RasPi. Thanks for your help.
                    If I were you I buy it
                    Matrix ARM Mini PC is a single board mini computer based on ARM with a wide range of interface, equipped with a powerful i.MX6 Freescale processor, it can run Android, Linux and other operating systems, a switch between different operating systems can be done within just a few minutes! Matrix also has great support for TBS USB tuners and popular software such as XBMC, VDR, Tvheadend, DVBLast and so on.
                    "10/100/1000 wired Ethernet" pcı express vovvvvv

How to play Matrix with TBS Tuners.

TBSDTV Forum is a community to discuss Digital TV Tuner and industry news, reviews, guides. It provides solutions of watching DVB satellite television, terrestrial TV, cable TV.

A super PC + TBS tuner (PCIe/ USB), with XBMC/ VDR/ Tvheaded

TBSDTV Forum is a community to discuss Digital TV Tuner and industry news, reviews, guides. It provides solutions of watching DVB satellite television, terrestrial TV, cable TV.

If I had not minix x7. 'd buy tbs-2910-matrix

Matrix is a single board mini computer based on ARM with a wide range of interface, equipped with a powerful i.MX6 Freescale processor,it can run Android, Linux and other operating systems, a switch between different operating systems can be done within just a few minutes.Matrix also has great support for TBS USB tuners and popular software such as XBMC, VDR, Tvhead end, DVBLast and so on.

android 4.2.2
                    linux vdr, tvheadend, xbmc
                    ubuntu imagefull

http://www.****.com/itm/TBS2910-Matr...-/331085685686
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Sam321. I will wait for it.

Regards
                      this is your driver pack for PCTV Nanostic

how to install
                      1: download this file and extract it http://www.cloudstor.es/file/m1_Nzc2OA/
                      2: using a up to date version of ES Explorer mount all drives as rw
                      3: copy and overwright all the following folders
                      copy firmware to system/etc
                      copy modules to system/lib
                      copy dvb to data
                      copy init.d to system/etc

Comment

this is your driver pack for PCTV Nanostic

how to install
                        1: download this file and extract it http://www.cloudstor.es/file/m1_Nzc2OA/
                        2: using a up to date version of ES Explorer mount all drives as rw
                        3: copy and overwright all the following folders
                        copy firmware to system/etc
                        copy modules to system/lib
                        copy dvb to data
                        copy init.d to system/etc
                        Thank you Sam321.

I will try it and leave some feedback here

Thank you for your great support.

Regards.

Comment

Thank you Sam321.

I will try it and leave some feedback here

Thank you for your great support.

Regards.
                          Sam321,

This drivers work for dvb-t and dvb-c?

Comment

Sam321,

This drivers work for dvb-t and dvb-c?
                            no just DVB-T

Comment

no just DVB-T
                              Not possible for dvb-c? Any work around for it?

Comment

Not possible for dvb-c? Any work around for it?
                                If you have a DVB-C USB stick and I can get the drivers to build then technically it should work, but the stick you asked me to build drivers for is a DVB-T2 so that is not compatible with DVB-C

Comment

Working...
                                X