No announcement yet.

Android Tronsmart Vega: xbmc always crashes when scanning certain video sources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android Tronsmart Vega: xbmc always crashes when scanning certain video sources

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with xbmc on my tronsmart box.

XBMC crashes when I want to scan 3 of my 6 video sources (2 2-Bay NAS, 2 Network drives)
    So 3 of them work fine, 3 cause xbmc to crash.
    All are smb shares, 3 of them make xbmc crash whenever I want to scan them for new content.
    I can however access them via file mode in xbmc and update/scan new video files one by one and add them to the library....

I removed all files except for the video files itselfs on these drives, so no xml files, no nfo files, no subtitles, nothing....still crashes....Every video file has it´s own folder with just this one file in it.
    I read that a running media server on these NAS can cause these crashes to, so I checked this but there are no media servers running on any of these NAS drives....

Checked the logs too...but there is no error, the log just ends with the entry when trying to scan one of these drives....while the log continues when I scan one of the other 3 drives.

Any ideas what could cause these crashes? It´s not very comfortable to scan movies one by one at the moment.
    I can provide log files of course....

Thanks
    Mark

I forget to mention:

I am using the latest gotham version of xbmc on the android box.

Also, I have a Android Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro and I have the same problems on this one, xbmc crashes when trying to scan these 3 shares.

But I also have an old jailbroken iPad 2 and I have xbmc on this one as well, also with the current gotham version and on the iPad, I can scan these 3 shares in question just fine...no problems, no crashes....

Comment

i have the same issue!

using a diffrent mini pc than you neo x7 same problem works from in the movie folder but scan whole nas drive video folder with all of the sub folders with 1 movie per folder it crashes back to desktop using android 4.4.2 quickshot 3.1 i would like to know how to do this in xbmc with out scanning individual folders 1 at a time!!!
      Minix neo x7 custom quickshot V3.1 kitkat with cpu1700 video stock and oc ram 720 kernal
      HTC Amaze 4g unofficial cyanogen mod 11 KitKat 4.4.4
      ASUS Nexus 7 (original 2012 tegra 3) Cyanogen mod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2

Comment

XBMC crash on scan new film content.

Different box, Tomato M8 same problem. allwas crashes on scanning new content with films.
        Series are fine.
        Tried, different XBMC versions, diff roms etc etcTo no avail.
        XBMC Frodo works fine..

Comment

Have you tried God's version?

UX Team
          Team UX
          http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Comment

Originally posted by ultimatexbmc View Post
            I will try the version you suggested and let you know
            No known video issues with this "God's" version?

Currently i use xbmcforamlogic20140513oman.
            This version works well with all video modes.No sync probs and stuff :-)
            As of yesterday i have an additional problem box says "connecting" in the top right corner of the screen
            and cashes .....

Comment

Originally posted by iamvertigo View Post
              I will try the version you suggested and let you know
              No known video issues with this "God's" version?

Currently i use xbmcforamlogic20140513oman.
              This version works well with all video modes.No sync probs and stuff :-)
              As of yesterday i have an additional problem box says "connecting" in the top right corner of the screen
              and cashes .....
              Tried the GOD version, same problem with scanning for new content.

Comment

Originally posted by iamvertigo View Post
                Tried the GOD version, same problem with scanning for new content.
                Have you fixed this issue? A friend of mine is having the same issue with an X8-H Plus and we can't find a solution

Comment

Working...
                X