Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Houdini24 over at Xunity forum has almost the exact same skin concept wise and all so this is not something 'brand new'.
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one to feel this way and why that guy jumped down my throat for stating my opinion I'll never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Evildropbear View Post
      Well this thread was for feedback, so here is my 2 cents.

There is nothing wrong with some highschoolers attempting a project like this. However due to the nature of it simply being a compilation of others peoples work, it should be free, even if it did take a lot of work to compile. You can't just storm in with a misleading website and except it to be ok.
      There is a reason that shareware presence has dropped sharply since the 2000's, because people hate being nagged. Either make it free, or commercial, but don't advertise it as free, then beg for donations.

Remake the website using Bootstrap, remove 99% of the text and organize it into clear categories.
      |Homepage|FAQ|List of addons/authors|Donate|

Provide a download link with no strings attached, or an AdFly link at best.

Remove the PollBuzzer/Guides/any affiliate stuff from the website. Its tacky and scammy.

This should provide a platform where you can grow your free project. You probably won't earn money of it, maybe not even breakeven on hosting costs. However it will give the project legitimacy, and should it grow popular, people will gladly donate.

Sorry for all the hassle - this has drained me - to the point of giving up, too much time devoted to this and no reward at all and actually just more bills to pay, I might tell the rest of them I quit and leave it to them. This is just a nightmare., just goes to show you can't please all the people all the time.
      Team UX
      http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Comment

Originally posted by tampametal View Post
        Houdini24 over at Xunity forum has almost the exact same skin concept wise and all so this is not something 'brand new'.
        I'm glad I wasn't the only one to feel this way and why that guy jumped down my throat for stating my opinion I'll never know.

All xbmc skins are all generic templates, so?
        Anyway you really should read their license agreement before you touch their stuff, you might be surprised.

Their setup is nothing like ours, in more ways than you can imagine, they have adverts and GA tracking etc, so be careful what you watch with their stuff.
        Team UX

Comment

just seen this mate better look again, i did not no i had to pay, what if i don't have paypal how do i pay thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by seagate1 View Post
            just seen this mate better look again, i did not no i had to pay, what if i don't have paypal how do i pay thanks.
            You can always get the shareware version for free on the download page, no need to pay us, you can also use bitcoin to get it.
            Team UX

Comment

Just to see what all the fuss was about, I decided to give it a try. Although, it took a few minutes to navigate to the correct download folder for the free to try file, I downloaded the large file and installed it on my windows 7 64bit machine. After the XBMC program opened, it asked for a password. I had to close XBMC and go back to their website to find the password. After, the program opened, the eye candy was great. It is using the Transparency skin. I tried several of the apps including 1channel, but kept getting invalid link. Since I really don't use the streaming media from those sites, it was just a test. Also, I installed it as an overlay on my Helix XBMC 14 latest nightly build, so I really did not expect it to run very well, but it did except for the invalid link problem. I was not able to stream anything, including items from revision3. I changed the skin back to Confluence, since I am more familiar with that skin, although on my android boxes I use the Transparency skin.

I guess as the website stated, this program is really intended for the novice user and someone that likes to stream from the internet. I had no problems downloading this upgrade from their website without paying. I guess if I was giving one of these android boxes to a friend or relative that were just getting into this technology then I guess this setup would help them.

One last comment, the program itself is very clean without all those apps scattered all over the place.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                Just to see what all the fuss was about, I decided to give it a try. Although, it took a few minutes to navigate to the correct download folder for the free to try file, I downloaded the large file and installed it on my windows 7 64bit machine. After the XBMC program opened, it asked for a password. I had to close XBMC and go back to their website to find the password. After, the program opened, the eye candy was great. It is using the Transparency skin. I tried several of the apps including 1channel, but kept getting invalid link. Since I really don't use the streaming media from those sites, it was just a test. Also, I installed it as an overlay on my Helix XBMC 14 latest nightly build, so I really did not expect it to run very well, but it did except for the invalid link problem. I was not able to stream anything, including items from revision3. I changed the skin back to Confluence, since I am more familiar with that skin, although on my android boxes I use the Transparency skin.

I guess as the website stated, this program is really intended for the novice user and someone that likes to stream from the internet. I had no problems downloading this upgrade from their website without paying. I guess if I was giving one of these android boxes to a friend or relative that were just getting into this technology then I guess this setup would help them.

One last comment, the program itself is very clean without all those apps scattered all over the place.
                The login password is 911 - and there is a read me inside the zip that tells you all you need to know, not sure how you missed it, as for dead links - works for us - check your firewall!
                Team UX

Comment

Originally posted by ultimatexbmc View Post
                  The login password is 911 - and there is a read me inside the zip that tells you all you need to know, not sure how you missed it, as for dead links - works for us - check your firewall!
                  Yes, I found that password, no problem. Since I was only testing your version to see how it looked and performed, I wasn't concerned about the lack of streaming. I personally would not be using it, only tested it to see if it was ok for someone that is new to XBMC and it's capabilites.
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
                    Yes, I found that password, no problem. Since I was only testing your version to see how it looked and performed, I wasn't concerned about the lack of streaming. I personally would not be using it, only tested it to see if it was ok for someone that is new to XBMC and it's capabilites.
                    That's why we did this in some respects, let's just say some of us got sick to death of answering the same question over and over again - "HOW DO YOU SET THIS THING UP" - this is our solution, we knew we would have haters, but we can not please everyone, how ever much we would like to.

You can turn off the login screen by doing this.
                    You just need to click on settings, then on Profiles, then type 911 then click Master User - then on Lock Preferences, then on Master lock the rest is obvious - the next time you start UX it should not ask for any passwords etc. We set it up that way so you could keep the kids out if nothing else.

Glad some like it.
                    Team UX

Comment

has this been tried on win 8 or 8.1?

Comment

Originally posted by snelsy View Post
                        has this been tried on win 8 or 8.1?

Everyone at team UX hates Win 8 - but we don't think it should have any problems - it will cost you nothing to try it and we are 99.9% sure it won't won't break anything
                        Team UX

Comment

Originally posted by ultimatexbmc View Post
                          Everyone at team UX hates Win 8 - but we don't think it should have any problems - it will cost you nothing to try it and we are 99.9% sure it won't won't break anything
                          Im Jas0npc from XunityTalk, No need to pay/donate to ANYONE for help with xbmc, addons, or problem solving, Just Come to xunitytalk.com and I will help you, for free, if need be I will team view you, Just to help you out.

When I first started in Xbmc everything was free, But certain people came in and altered that, Now they want you to pay for guides, playlists, support.

Enough is ENOUGH, Im here to help, to teach for free.

Hope to chat with you at some time

Comment

Just taking a side

I would like to put my 3 cents:

XBMC is community-based work. Like everything similar with a best example linux - it should be free and is free. There are no people that take money for customization. If you can't understand it - look at ZORIN OS. This is very good linux distro for people that come from Windows Machines. They provide a Core version which is free and an Ultimate one too wchich costs money - because they have created things from scratch that did not existed in the past.
                            The Ultimate XBMC project is a fork of XBMC with added some preconfigurated things. I am sad that you have left no credits for authors at all. You broke the rules, you broke the licence. Everything come with support of freaktab, which probably does not care about some eager group of teenagers (or at least one who designed that awful page) that want to earn money (if you want to know why I call it "earn" i can explain later).
                            Therefore I do not recommend using/donating.

I am experienced iOS developer and I could write more about how you should all begin this, but I am tired now andshould go to sleep....
                            Just my word to freaktab admins: don't allow such mess on your forum, it does not help you organize things well. Look at XDA and enchce yourself...

Comment

Originally posted by jas0npc View Post
                              Im Jas0npc from XunityTalk, No need to pay/donate to ANYONE for help with xbmc, addons, or problem solving, Just Come to xunitytalk.com and I will help you, for free, if need be I will team view you, Just to help you out.

When I first started in Xbmc everything was free, But certain people came in and altered that, Now they want you to pay for guides, playlists, support.

Enough is ENOUGH, Im here to help, to teach for free.

Hope to chat with you at some time

Thank you for this and your open call to assist users without seeking monetary gain or implementing preconditions.

There are various things about this project that are at the very least in poor taste, and at an extreme parasitic and abusive.

'Telling' users, even novice users, what software to utilize is condescending and paternalistic; it doesn't guide learning. This tone is repeated throughout the 'ultimate' project page and thread responses.

Furthermore, when you want people to pay your for a service, it is expected that you establish a proper reputation and rapport with your customer base. A cursory reading of this thread and you'll notice that's simply not been accomplished.

The website is atrocious and it's exceedingly and unnecessarily difficult to access the 'program' and even complete a payment transaction. I know, I'll be called an idiot for saying the website navigation is convoluted and the UI primal. Take it or leave it.

I say consider patterning yourselves more like jas0npc has done above, and you may find more satisfaction with your forays into 'helping people' if you stop assuming users are all knuckle draggers in need of some pay-here-first one size fits all dummies solution.

I've noticed a spate of pay-only downloads on this forum lately. It's making the community less hospitable, particularly as these 'assistance' mercenaries are allowed to poison all sections of the forum with their paid swills, not just a specific, preferably non-indexed portion of the site.

Please reconsider the help for pay objective on this one. If it can't be done for free, and as comparable and arguably more reputable and better delivered assistance already exists, either abort the project or face the feedback until ultimate failure imposes itself as a result of the market and community response. I don't intend to be malicious or mean, but you're up against long existing standards - and not cutting it.

Comment

Originally posted by MikelThief View Post
                                I would like to put my 3 cents:

Just my word to freaktab admins: don't allow such mess on your forum, it does not help you organize things well. Look at XDA and enchce yourself...
                                ..I wholeheartedly concur. Users will and are, depending on the savvy of the posters pushing these paid hustles, land on these mercenary assistance threads as they are indexed by google.

Since freaktab does nothing to delineate the paid mercenary threads from the free of cost ones, visitors have no way of telling which is which, unable to engage in a quick selection based on preference or need.

Terrible trend.

Comment

Working...
                                X