Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There obviously was a lot of work put into this project. It works well and has a lot of content. however People who are competent at using xbmc are not going to want this. I have a couple addons I use and have no need for all the extras. For someone new to xbmc this might be worth the $2. Personly however I fell that xbmc, especially on a android system is far too difficult for most ludites to manage without runing into trouble.

Thanks for all the hard work. I'm sure they'll be many "programmers" charging people $40 to install this on their $200 apple TVs unfortunately.

Comment

ive not tried it yet im going to put it on my windows 7.i have the test 1 will it run out or no updates. plus i agree with other post and ive been doing cs for 15 years and never charge, i agree open source lets help each other than trying to make a profit out of a hobby that could kill it, just my 3 cents. (will it be good as flumpsters).

Comment

ok i'm just going to say this . this banter has went on from early this morning till now .

if all everyone is going to do is bicker about this i will close this thread .

i'm not going to allow this to just keep going ,and i'm sure Bob would agree.

i have not heard from him today but as soon as he's online he will see how to handle this .

sorry guys not trying to be an ass but we can't have all this mess.

i for one appreciate all the hard work that goes into doing this sort of project and alot of people do ,

but to behave in this manner here is not acceptable . so please understand ,it's not the proper way to handle such things . we are all adults right ?

school yard behavior will not be tolerated . if you don't like what someone is trying to do... move on.

not that hard to press the back button if you get to a conversation you don't like .

anyway ,thats my 5 cents and i seriously mean that ,if you don't stop all the fussing ,i will.
        freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

I posted when this thread was first created and was slammed by a few posters and even got a private message from a 'senior member' finally people started going to the site looking at it and downloaded and saw what i saw.

I haven't made a lot of posts here but I am let's say a senior member of xbmc and this trend that has been going on the last few years needs to stop and get back to what the xbmc is all about.

Comment

i have tried to use it on windows 7 do i just copy it to my other xbmc plus i was not prompted for the password, can some1 give me a little pointer please thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
              ok i'm just going to say this . this banter has went on from early this morning till now .

if all everyone is going to do is bicker about this i will close this thread .

i'm not going to allow this to just keep going ,and i'm sure Bob would agree.

i have not heard from him today but as soon as he's online he will see how to handle this .

sorry guys not trying to be an ass but we can't have all this mess.

i for one appreciate all the hard work that goes into doing this sort of project and alot of people do ,

but to behave in this manner here is not acceptable . so please understand ,it's not the proper way to handle such things . we are all adults right ?

school yard behavior will not be tolerated . if you don't like what someone is trying to do... move on.

not that hard to press the back button if you get to a conversation you don't like .

anyway ,thats my 5 cents and i seriously mean that ,if you don't stop all the fussing ,i will.
              I haven't posted anything here that is worthy of censorship or shame. Idle threats of thread shutdowns will see me non-plussed.

If moderation is needed, then moderate the posters in need of a penalty or notice. No need to make threats of censorship or administrative action at the entire group of posters.

Comment

OMG

We apologize to everyone and I have told the kids who's dream this was, that it might be time to shut the site down and give up on this project.

I am sorry for all the hassle caused here.
                Team UX
                http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Comment

Re: ULTIMATE XBMC

Originally posted by ultimatexbmc View Post
                  We apologize to everyone and I have told the kids who's dream this was, that it might be time to shut the site down and give up on this project.

Really? Now you stoop to the sanctimonious 'it's for the children' line?

I sincerely hope this thread and today's depiction of your efforts aren't an accurate representation of your endeavors.

Comment

Why

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                    Really? Now you stoop to the sanctimonious 'it's for the children' line?

I sincerely hope this thread and today's depiction of your efforts aren't an accurate representation of your endeavors.
                    Believe this or not, this project is led by a 16 year old school kid called Ben, that's the truth - you can believe it or not. We think he is brilliant with computers, along with his freinds, so just keep this in mind when you flame their hard work. I am just an old time pc guy that is close to some of them via family connections. There are people killing each other all over the world, why is it, what their doing is being made into something evil, is truly beyond me.
                    Team UX
                    http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Comment

Re: ULTIMATE XBMC

Believe this or not, this project is led by a 16 year old school kid called Ben, that's the truth - you can believe it or not. We think he is brilliant with computers, along with his freinds, so just keep this in mind when you flame their hard work. I am just an old time pc guy that is close to some of them via family connections. There are people killing each other all over the world, why is it, what their doing is being made into something evil, is truly beyond me.
                      Give Ben my regards. I'm sure he's everything you say he is. Nothing I posted here was directed at him as he's clearly not posting here and I wish him the best of luck with this and future projects.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomari View Post
                        I haven't posted anything here that is worthy of censorship or shame. Idle threats of thread shutdowns will see me non-plussed.

If moderation is needed, then moderate the posters in need of a penalty or notice. No need to make threats of censorship or administrative action at the entire group of posters.

i was not pointing the finger at anyone,or making idle threats as you so eloquently put it.
                        sorry you feel that way .

i was speaking in general about how all was happening here was people basically "bitching" and it was not stopping.

so sometimes "administrative action" has to happen.
                        freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

No worries! Honestly, I think freaktab is going through growing pains and I believe it's all for the better. Best wishes to all and I'mm happy freaktab exists and continues to grow.

Comment

Well.... seems like some sh*t has hit the fan.

They PM'ed me and asked if they could post this. Since it's shareware I have no problem with that. I have not myself played with this yet so no clue what's in it. My assumption was it had unique things that warranted shareware. But either way we don't censor!

But regardless if they had contacted me or not, I would still have had no problem with them posting this. Freaktab is not the police of what people make and share XBMC derivatives, ROMs, or whatever. The only thing we police is SPAM from resellers and people beating each other up calling names or being disrespectful to others.

Now onto this subject. It appears the users let these folks know their feelings about the idea. PERFECT! I wish it had been done in a more respectful way without all the name calling and BS but so be it. I think they got the message folks.

I am not going to close this thread but please keep this respectful with what you have to say from this point forward.

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

It is a good idea and it does work better in my opinion then the other installer addons that are out there. I do fear that installers make xbmc too mainstream and that it should be kept underground.

You have to keep in mind that people on this site are used to donating to programmers who give their software and expertise out with no expectation of payment. Donations are given time to time but there's no way anyone makes any money off anything to do with xbmc. They do it because they enjoy it.

I think the actions and remarks of a few should not stop you. I would remove the mandatory donation keeping in mind that xbmc, mash up, xfinity and hub wizard are all free. Hell even the android operating system itself is free and open source. Have a voluntary donation option and I'm sure a few would contribute.

Good luck with your addon. Thank you for your contribution to the scene.

Comment

Wow, this has turned into quite a discussion.

There are many aspects to this that may be of a niggling nature to some.

With Freaktab being known for it's open source, free support and development, with an option for people to donate as they wish, I guess it's not surprising that when somebody comes along with a solution that has to be paid for one way or another, a little consternation is inevitable.

With Bob apparently/allegedly backing the scheme, it could open up the discussion about the direction that Freaktab may or may not be going in.

Only he can comment on these areas (which I now see that he has whilst composing this).

We are all for ingenuity and entrepreneurial enterprise but perhaps, because this is directly off the back of work that has always been free, a rethink may perhaps be in order.

The website offering this item should be upfront about it's commercial nature and not use words such as donation that people may find misleading.

Also be wary of the fact that in the UK, somebody may potentially feel that this is in contravention of trading laws and report to Trading Standards.

This could also be a spur for the XBMC Teams themselves to look further into automated installation packages for newbies and inexperienced/impatient users (which may well already be the case of course).

My guess is that what will likely happen is that somebody will pay the donation, get the goods and then distribute it for free, potentially rendering any profit, or simply recoup of existing costs null and void.

Where the team may be able to promote their commercial side to some extent to recoup costs is to sell the product at one of the many regular weekend computer fairs that take place up and down the isles.

Whenever I recommend the use of XBMC to people, I often supply them with a simple copy of the files from using the official XBMC Backup addon, that includes many of the useful and popular add ons that they are likely to use. A few basic instructions and they are soon up and running.

Any updates for them will come down via XBMC automatically, so they will always be up to date and free to explore further as they wish when and if they wish to delve deeper into XBMC functionality.
                                R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Working...
                                X