This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ULTIMATE XBMC

First thing first THANKS TO BOB, for his support on this, where would we all be without him.
    OK so what the hell is Ultimate XBMC, it is an off the shelf answer for all those noobs who ask that never ending question -
    HOW DO I SETUP THIS XBMC / KODI THING UP WITH ALL THAT COOL STUFF I KEEP HEARING ABOUT.

Simply put we did it for you, so YOU don't have to. Not everyone is going to like it, the aficionados may turn their noses up at it, but they're not who we aimed this at...
    This is XBMC / KODI made easy by streamers for streamers.

It is not for people with PVR setups or for people who want great library functionality - but it is for those who just want an easy streaming life, without all the hassle of setting XBMC / KODI up for themselves.

HOW MUCH IS THIS GOING TO COST YOU, IT'S FREE SO NO COMPLAINTS
    BUT DONATIONS ARE MORE THAN WELCOME

So out the box what do you get, well you get over 90 pre-installed addons from many XBMC / KODI sources from all over the web. You know all the cool stuff you may have heard about, all rolled into a single zip file - just D/L it, copy and paste it and bang their you go, your all setup, it's that easy.

The same file works on both Android / Linux and Windows - you don't need separate downloads and you don't need to figure anything out, we made the GUI pretty intuitive and simple to use.

Some people may hate it, others may love it, we cannot please everyone, so please keep this in mind.

For now this thread will become the unofficial FAQ for all things Ultimate XBMC related.

You can grab it off our website right now.
    Good feedback here is appreciated, so go spread the word.

Who are we, we are just a small yet dedicated bunch of XBMC / KODI nuts (but growing). We developed this for ourselves and then decided to share.

Check out our website -
    http://www.ultimatexbmc.com/

Thanks in advance for any donations, your complaints are expected and we will do our best to improve all aspects of this project.

A quick tip - if you already have xbmc / kodi setup the way you like, then you can still run this version using Beyond XBMC or one of the many versions now out, such as this Android spin off version
    Semper Media Center (SPMC in short) is a android-minded fork of Kodi, by the former Kodi android maintainer, Koying

and you can also use the link below to change the default xbmc / kodi save path on Android, meaning you can have multiple installs of xbmc / kodi without them interfering with each other.
    https://github.com/koying/SPMC/wiki/...f-SPMC-data%3F

This took 1000's of man hours to build and refine it is not another version of xbmc / kodi, it is the kitchen sink along with the rest of the house thrown in version and yet it will still run smooth on a dual core Rockchip.

A picture paints a 1000 words and all that and as requested, here is the preview.
    The video shows an older build, but has been fully updated for 2016

This thread seems bad but there is some good stuff in it, the people who actually use it, say they like it and pat us on the back a lot, but we do have our vocal critics, so why not try it, you really can get it for free.

There is a totally free version of Ultimate XBMC on our website, the latest version requires a donation. If you have an issue with this, then please read this.
    http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.html
    or

A lot of hard work did go in to this, so please get the donate version, please keep in mind that this does require work on a daily basis by us, so as to keep it all working and updated.

Also 11 web experts up to now have told us exactly how we should make our site, the only funny thing to us is, none of them gave us the same advice!

check us out at
    Last edited by ultimatexbmc; 01-24-2016, 07:38.
    Team UX

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-ULTIMATE-XBMC

Wow a lot of work you put into this. Too much for me to handle lol.

Originally posted by ultimatexbmc View Post
    First thing first THANKS TO BOB, for his support on this, where would we all be without him.

Ok so what the hell is Ultimate XBMC, it is an off the shelf answer for all those noobs who ask that never ending question - HOW DO I SET THIS THING UP. Simply put we did it for you, so YOU don't have to. Not everyone is going to like it, the aficionados may turn their noses up at it, but their not who we aimed this at...

This is XBMC made easy by streamers for streamers.

It is not for people with PVR setups or for people who want great library functionality - but it is for those who just want an easy streaming life, without all the hassle of setting XBMC up.

HOW MUCH IS THIS GOING TO COST YOU, IT'S FREE SO NO COMPLAINTS
    BUT DONATIONS ARE MORE THAN WELCOME

So out the box what do you get, well you get over 90 pre-installed addons from many XBMC sources from all over the web. You know all the cool stuff you may have heard about, all rolled into a single zip file - just D/L it, copy and paste it, bang your setup, it's that easy.

The same file works on both Android and Windows - you don't need separate downloads and you don't need to figure anything out, we made the GUI pretty intuitive and simple to use.

Some people may hate it, others may love it, we cannot please everyone, so please keep this in mind.

For now this thread will become the unofficial FAQ for all things Ultimate XBMC related, thanks for reading this. Check out the video on our home page, yes we know our site looks like crap, but it is all a work in progress, so don't give us a hard time about it.

You can grab the open Beta off our website right now.
    Feedback here is appreciated and go spread the word.

Who are we, we are just a small yet dedicated bunch of XBMC nuts (but growing). We developed this for ourselves and then decided to share.

Check out our website -

Thanks in advance for any donations, your complaints are expected and we will do our best to improve all aspects of this project.

A quick tip - if you already have xbmc setup the way you like, then you can still run this version using Beyond xbmc or one of the many versions now out, such as this Android spin off version
    Semper Media Center (SPMC in short) is a android-minded fork of Kodi, by the former Kodi android maintainer, Koying

The default save folders are different to the official Gotham release, so it's easy enough.

This took 1000's of man hours to build and refine it is not another version of xbmc, it is the kitchen sink along with the rest of house thrown in version of xbmc and yet it will still run smooth on a dual core Rockchip.

Comment

No free version? I had people goto your site and first thing they said when going to download was you need to pay with PayPal. BS!
      Last edited by tampametal; 07-30-2014, 07:31.

Comment

You should really mention here you have to pay with PayPal before people waste there time.

Comment

YOU GUYS DON'T KNOW ANYTHING

Originally posted by tampametal View Post
          You should really mention here you have to pay with PayPal before people waste there time.
          Post edited by me - sorry - some things just get to me, but the shareware version was good for me.

Sorry to anyone who got annoyed.
          Last edited by gollygosh; 07-30-2014, 12:43.

Comment

So go ahead and download it by clicking on the add to cart button below. Donations are set at $1.99 that's about £1.16 pence or just under 1.4 Euros, that's if your using Paypal. You can give us more if you want, just change the amount in the yellow donation settings box after clicking the link below that's if your using Paypal, this just covers some of our costs and will help us with further development. We use Ejunkie as a download delivery platform they are a highly respected name in the industry, just click on the add to cart button below, then the Paypal button.
            YOU NEED TO USE A REAL EMAIL ADDRESS - BECUASE THAT IS WHERE WE WILL SEND THE DOWNLOAD LINKS TO.
            Don't pretend that isn't misleading. This site is not done in good faith. Also, large text does not help you get your point across, just makes it unreadable and angry. I assume gollygosh is a collaborator of this project, but atm it's just spam.

Comment

Goodmorning.. folks
              Looks like the site has 3 download links
              -one need a valid e-mail
              -donation to unlock
              -and ad-sponsor link..to mediafire http://adf.ly/qe269
              The download link.. is about 880mb
              -hosting a big file and making this great addon..is worth 1.4euro in my eyes/view

I think.. hey offers enough options..
              -So, please stop attacking this guy

I will checkout.. your work
              -and if i like it.. donate some money

Cheers.. and keepup the goodwork

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
                Goodmorning.. folks
                Looks like the site has 3 download links
                -one need a valid e-mail
                -donation to unlock
                -and ad-sponsor link..to mediafire http://adf.ly/qe269
                The download link.. is about 880mb

I think.. hey offers enough options..
                -So, please stop attacking this guy

I will checkout.. your work
                -and if i like it.. donate some money

Cheers.. and keepup the goodwork
                I disagree. This is just an insult to the XBMC team, and the people who make addons.

just click on skip advert on the next page, to reach the download page.
                The shareware version may not be as updated as the donation version listed above as we like to keep our donaters happy and it will have some other refinements added as well. The donatate version won't nag you to donate either.
                This is just 100% BS. Funny how the prospect of making a little money quickly goes into people's heads.

Make a good product, and people will be willing to donate.
                If you find yourself misleading people into donating, or 'nagging' them to donate, then you need to reevaluate what you are doing.

If people who donate get more features/updates, then they are paying for a service, then it is a commercial product.

If you're in the community and have a problem with this project, then please understand, that 1. the more people who use and know about your stuff, well the rest is obvious and 2. we do not want any of you to consider this as a money making exercise, we just liked what you did and what we did with your stuff and then wanted to share it.
                If its not a money making exercise, why is the website so misleading?

Comment

Originally posted by gollygosh View Post
                  LOOK ON THE DOWNLOAD PAGE FOR SHAREWARE VERSION - THAT MEANS FREE IDIOT.

I DOWNLOADED THE SHAREWARE VERSION FOR FREE OFF THE SAME SITE - LEARN TO READ AND IT IS VERY COOOOOL.

Edit - only one idiot thought it was 2 different guys in the posts above, Tampmetal you need to think and read before you make comments like that
                  It seams so you are the IDIOT...

I totally agree with Evildropbear and also with tampametal...
                  To make money (for whatever reason) with the work that others has done, is really worse...
                  Do the original developer have share in the takings?
                  (and maybe your time at fraktab isn't endless)
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                  - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

We did a lot of our own work

this took a lot of time for us to perfect - so sorry you think the way you do, but this was real work.

We will take your comments onboard and see if we can't do better - sorry if your offended by our efforts.
                    This is why we released it here first, to see what feedback we would get and we did ask Bob about all this and he was cool with it all.

Also we do say in the FAQ about donating to other xbmc dev's - this is day one for us so, we will aim to do better.

UX team
                    Last edited by ultimatexbmc; 07-30-2014, 12:40.
                    Team UX

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                      It seams so you are the IDIOT...

I totally agree with Evildropbear and also with tampametal...
                      To make money (for whatever reason) with the work that others has done, is really worse...
                      Do the original developer have share in the takings?
                      (and maybe your time at fraktab isn't endless)

regardless of the situation, there will be no toleration of name calling or otherwise .

we do not allow any of that and i would like to think our members are a bit bigger than that .

so be warned , do it again and it will be delt with . i'm gonna let Bob handle this one personally.

since his name is being slung all over the place . think before you post . it's not really worth all that is it ?
                      freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

Just to clarify this is what Finless said to us

We told him we had gone the shareware route and exactly what it is we wanted to do, below is a direct quote from the man himself - in a PM to us.

"Love the idea"
                        "Do whatever you think will get the most attention. Have at it!. I support you on this".

This is us following the MAN's advice - team UX has the deepest respect for Freaktab and Bob, so please understand we will do our best to keep with the spirit of this place. But we also please ask you to not download it, if you don't want it - it's that simple - go do your own work and set up XMBC yourself. We have spent over 2 years reading every forum post on every XBMC site we can find all over the globe and pored so much TLC in to this thing you wouldn't believe it. Every D/L from our direct D/L service does cost us and none of us at team UX has made a dime from this thing in real terms yet. It owes us, something back and if it hadn't got leaked on to the net by others, then this project may never have seen the light of day. We did a lot of work and keeping UX up to date takes a massive amount of time on our part so please don't burn us on day one.

Thanks BOB, this is us Having At it

I am another member of Team UX and this is just my 2 cents worth.
                        Last edited by ultimatexbmc; 07-30-2014, 19:32.
                        Team UX

Comment

Thanks admin and no_spam_for_me...
                          There was no reason for name calling.

The site is very misleading if you clicked download you know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by tampametal View Post
                            Thanks admin and no_spam_for_me...
                            There was no reason for name calling.

The site is very misleading if you clicked download you know what I mean.
                            We are sorry if you felt misled, honestly we have an eager 16 year old web kid, who said, I can do all that web stuff, so we let him, none of us recieve enough pay to watch evey angle on this project. We will do our best to improve. Sorry Tampametal, but your original post was right, look how much they put into this, is right. We thought everyone knew what the word shareware meant (guess some of us are just old) and it is hardly even that in some ways, you just need to go in to profiles and change the profile settings and disable the login screen, if you don't like that bit.

Anyway we will improve and as soon as web boy gets back from school I will ask him to do a prober re-vamp of the site all depends on his homework load though
                            Or maybe he will say no pay / no work like any sensible person!

God this is exausting, never realized giving stuff away was going to be this bigger grind, I might just tell the team that this isn't worth the hassle.

Team UX
                            Last edited by ultimatexbmc; 07-30-2014, 15:46.
                            Team UX

Comment

Originally posted by ultimatexbmc View Post
                              We are sorry if you felt misled, honestly we have an eager 16 year old web kid, who said, I can do all that web stuff, so we let him, none of us recieve enough pay to watch evey angle on this project. We will do our best to improve. Sorry Tampametal, but your original post was right, look how much they put into this, is right. We thought everyone knew what the word shareware meant (guess some of us are just old) and it is hardly even that in some ways, you just need to go in to profiles and change the profile settings and disable the login screen, if you don't like that bit.

Anyway we will improve and as soon as web boy gets back from school I will ask him to do a prober re-vamp of the site all depends on his homework load thouh
                              Or maybe he will say no pay / no work like any sensible person!

God this is exausting, never realized giving stuff away was going to be this bigger grind, I might just tell the team that this isn't worth the hassle.

Team UX
                              Well this thread was for feedback, so here is my 2 cents.

There is nothing wrong with some highschoolers attempting a project like this. However due to the nature of it simply being a compilation of others peoples work, it should be free, even if it did take a lot of work to compile. You can't just storm in with a misleading website and except it to be ok.
                              There is a reason that shareware presence has dropped sharply since the 2000's, because people hate being nagged. Either make it free, or commercial, but don't advertise it as free, then beg for donations.

Remake the website using Bootstrap, remove 99% of the text and organize it into clear categories.
                              |Homepage|FAQ|List of addons/authors|Donate|

Provide a download link with no strings attached, or an AdFly link at best.

Remove the PollBuzzer/Guides/any affiliate stuff from the website. Its tacky and scammy.

This should provide a platform where you can grow your free project. You probably won't earn money of it, maybe not even breakeven on hosting costs. However it will give the project legitimacy, and should it grow popular, people will gladly donate. Nickle and diming every visitor is a short-sighted solution.

Comment

Working...
                              X