X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RELEASE] TVMC Custom Build of XBMC for Android

The TV ADDONS Team Presents...

RELEASE OF THE TVMC CUSTOM BUILD FOR ANDROID

* Watch Content from PrimeWire (1Channel), Project Free TV, IceFilms, USTVnow, Veetle, NFL.com, International Content, Live TV, Sports and Much More! *

TVMC is an unofficial offshoot of XBMC created by TVADDONS.AG which gives you everything (such as the best addons and customizations) you need preconfigured, ready to use immediately.

If you've ever tried watching your favourite movies or television shows on the internet through streaming web sites, you've probably been irritated at least once or twice by the abundance of ads and popups. You'll now be able to watch online streaming content through a video-on-demand interface, online streaming web sites are converted into simple VOD-style menus, rather than being viewed through a web browser.

You'll be able to watch pretty much anything that's available online, meaning you can watch any movie, television show, or sporting event without any limitations whatsoever. There are a ton of different addons built-in which provide enough content to last a lifetime, and because all it's doing is accessing existing online content (as your web browser would) it's totally legal, unlike apps like Popcorn Time which redistribute content that you're watching.

XBMC is a free open source media player which normally requires manual configuration after installation in order to access online streaming content, a key application feature. It can be sideloaded to your device and will probably be readded to Google Play as a free application in the near future.

Installation

Special thanks goes out to HIGHWAY99, Eleazar Coding, crzen, tknorris, and Showgun for this expertise. We'd also like to thank the XBMC Foundation for making this all possible.

Disclaimer: Source code available on GitHub's servers. XBMC is a registered trademark of the XBMC Foundation. We are not connected to or in any other way affiliated with Kodi, Team Kodi, or the XBMC Foundation. Furthermore, any software, addons, or products offered by us will receive no support in official Kodi channels, including the Kodi forums and various social networks.
    Last edited by TV ADDONS; 10-16-2014, 07:26.

We're very proud of this release by our new site, enjoy!

Comment

I'm sure that some will ask the question about the addons being in a separate package from the custom XBMC itself where some will already be using later versions of Kodi.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

TVMC Istream compatibility

I installed TVMC and was trying to manually setup istream along with genesis and it said istream was incompatible. I had istream installed (manually not via installer) on my previous KODI install (not sure if it was alpha 2 or 3) and it worked fine. Why does TVMC say its incompatible now?

Comment

We've now decided to keep this application as a free app only and will probably be resubmitting it to the app store for free in the near future pending certain fixes.

@mcurole we're not sure why it said that but we highly discourage the use of that addon for security reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by mcurole View Post
            I installed TVMC and was trying to manually setup istream along with genesis and it said istream was incompatible. I had istream installed (manually not via installer) on my previous KODI install (not sure if it was alpha 2 or 3) and it worked fine. Why does TVMC say its incompatible now?

wasn't istream disable for all android tv except for 1 brand?

Comment

Not sure, but you certaintly want to stay away from it, at least don't discuss it in our thread please.

Comment

is this the same as fusion tvaddon.ag ? Is this one better? Will it run next to the fusion version or do I need A clean Instal?

Comment

It's basically just XBMC preconfigured with our Wizard tweaks, with a few extras added in.

Comment

ive been using this since it came out. and its just perfect thanks tvaddons.

Comment

What addons don't work with your setup? I don't want to be limited.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jimbonice View Post
                        What addons don't work with your setup? I don't want to be limited.

i dont have any problems with the addons because i use pia and smartdns. so thay let me watch everything. watched the interview xmas day on icefilm, i must admit it was funny. so lets see what happens now. thanks to tvmc team.

Comment

Well, for one I see ist**** is restricted, so my question would be what benefit is there to using this as opposed to other xbmc builds?

Comment

i think it does not matter what source you use, if your internet provider as blocked you like vermin/sly/bt. then you need vpn or dynds to get what you want. and not only that it save you from messing about what you want all the addons are there.but not is**** i put that in you have to try and go with what you want. at the end of the day its your ips that stops you.

Comment

I am new to Kodi and installed the TV Addons configured version. One minor issue, artwork is not reliable for the streaming sources. It worked at first but I tried a new skin, ACE and it quit working. I switched back to Confluence and that didn't matter although I don't know if the brief trial with a new skin had anything to do with the issue, could be a coincidence.

I couldn't figure out how to provide a log which is the suggested method to report such an bug. Artwork shows up for a few titles but not many and I don't have a clue how to do much troubleshooting. I did go to the program add-on, download artwork and launched that which downloaded nothing but I assume that is for local files. A YouTube video suggessted deleting a metadata folder, don't recall the exact hame but it was easy to find and delete, it came right back and nothing changed.

This is what Genesis looks like although nothing I have checked works properly. I may have done something other than trying a new skin that screwed this up but I don't recall what it could have been.

Comment

Working...
                              X