Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire TV - WARNING - major XBMC censorship by Amazon

Hello guys,

I got my Fire TV yesterday and it runs smoothly, but is a massive pain in the butt and I am selling it on ****.

MAJOR problem for people using XBMC for streaming movies is that Amazon have suffocated XBMC so most Addons do not work, even Genesis - which usually works very well even in the UK. If you choose to watch by genre or recent or popular or box office etc, you get blank. If you choose People Watching, you do get some movies, but not much. Searching does not work either!

My Tronsmart s89 is running perfectly well at the very same time, as is my PC running XBMC...

So beware, it used to be a good XBMC box, but now it is both UNrootable and UNuseable!

Mark.
    Out: USB audio, HDMI
    In: Logitech K400 keyboards

Originally posted by fredphoesh View Post
    Hello guys,

I got my Fire TV yesterday and it runs smoothly, but is a massive pain in the butt and I am selling it on ****.

MAJOR problem for people using XBMC for streaming movies is that Amazon have suffocated XBMC so most Addons do not work, even Genesis - which usually works very well even in the UK. If you choose to watch by genre or recent or popular or box office etc, you get blank. If you choose People Watching, you do get some movies, but not much. Searching does not work either!

My Tronsmart s89 is running perfectly well at the very same time, as is my PC running XBMC...

So beware, it used to be a good XBMC box, but now it is both UNrootable and UNuseable!

Mark.
    Interesting, I nearly bought one now they are in the UK so would be interested to hear of other UK users experiences

Comment

Originally posted by fredphoesh View Post
      Hello guys,

Mark.
      Works fine on both of my fire tv...

Comment

Originally posted by cre8ful View Post
        Works fine on both of my fire tv...
        From your location though i assume they are not UK stock so the question is whether Amazon have done anything to the UK versions?

Comment

Originally posted by teknokat View Post
          From your location though i assume they are not UK stock so the question is whether Amazon have done anything to the UK versions?

Bought a UK fire tv the other week and they work fine with all addons so no censortship going on

Comment

Mines fine too been on it all weekend after delivery on Friday. Genesis istream oss the lot.

Comment

Working...
            X