Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making an add on like this

Hi all,

I'm basically after creating an add on that a user can load up and it will pull the latest xbmc build that I have for that box from my server.

Example of use; Say the customers box completely resets itself, i want the user to still have this add on on there box, so that they can have their xbmc rebuilt without sending it back to me.

Heres an example of what i mean;

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

I have no experience in this field, but what i do have is a lot of time and patience, if anybody knows of any guides out there?

Thank you

This may be of interest

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
      Thanks for that, had a read through it.

I understand that I can use an add on such as xbmcbackup and set it as the url of my server where I have the back up stored?

However, if the customers unit resets itself, how can I make it so that Xbmcback up stays present on the box? Hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks

Comment

I use XBMC backup and save it to an external SD card so that in the event of issues, ROM flashing, new XBMC installs, I can always restore to a point in time.

All I have to do is add the XBMC backup addon, configure it for the location of the backup files and run a restore.

It was the littlesmartbox thing that I thought would interest you as it's just a case of installing the zip and then running the wizard to install everything from scratch.
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
          I use XBMC backup and save it to an external SD card so that in the event of issues, ROM flashing, new XBMC installs, I can always restore to a point in time.

All I have to do is add the XBMC backup addon, configure it for the location of the backup files and run a restore.

It was the littlesmartbox thing that I thought would interest you as it's just a case of installing the zip and then running the wizard to install everything from scratch.
          I think the new tv addons config wizard allows you to add a custom url to point to your back so no need to use anyone else's wizard. Droidsticks save a backup of their wizard in the vendor folder on the box which must not get wiped during a factory reset so maybe keeping a backup of the config wizard in this folder would be an option.

Comment

Originally posted by userdata View Post
            I think the new tv addons config wizard allows you to add a custom url to point to your back so no need to use anyone else's wizard. Droidsticks save a backup of their wizard in the vendor folder on the box which must not get wiped during a factory reset so maybe keeping a backup of the config wizard in this folder would be an option.
            Brilliant, Will test it out. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X