Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to add advancedsettings.xml to the Android Box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to add advancedsettings.xml to the Android Box?

I've been trying to learn this by searching around but to no luck. I'm having an issue with my p2p-streams addon and I have to add a few lines to the xml file to fix it (plays a stream for about a minute or two than stops/crashes). I read that all I have to do is create a text file and save it as 'advancedsettings.xml' however, once I created the file and copy and pasted some info inside it, how does this go into my M8 Square box (Android)? I am not sure how this works and would need some "For Dummies" explanations.

Thank you so much.

Cheers.

look at post#4 http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...141#post213141

Comment

Originally posted by aeolous View Post
      Thank you. I checked it out but I still don't understand. I see how it's supposed to look, yes - I still do not know how to put that on my Android tv box. Does that text file go on a sd card or something and somehow copy it on the android tv box memory?

Comment

Originally posted by h3isenberg View Post
        Thank you. I checked it out but I still don't understand. I see how it's supposed to look, yes - I still do not know how to put that on my Android tv box. Does that text file go on a sd card or something and somehow copy it on the android tv box memory?
        ok my bad here is the file

now you copy it to a usb stick or a microsd card then put it to your box and with a fiemanager like root explorer,es file explorer you will have to copy it and put it to the following path
        Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata
        restart xbmc and you are done.
        Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by aeolous View Post
          ok my bad here is the file

now you copy it to a usb stick or a microsd card then put it to your box and with a fiemanager like root explorer,es file explorer you will have to copy it and put it to the following path
          Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata
          restart xbmc and you are done.
          Hope that helps.
          Efxaristo!! Thank you. That definitely makes sense. I will do this a little after when I get home.
          This whole time I thought that if I went to Maintenance Tool under Tweaks category that it would fix my '0 cache' thing as far as buffering goes. For that to work, I obviously need this advancedsettings.xml thing to be done right?

I'll have to look at some stuff that people do with this .xml file and what you can really do/change with it. Perhaps it can mostly be done over XBMC instead of always opening the file on a computer, editing and putting it back onto a memory card/drive.

Comment

Originally posted by h3isenberg View Post
            Efxaristo!! Thank you. That definitely makes sense. I will do this a little after when I get home.
            This whole time I thought that if I went to Maintenance Tool under Tweaks category that it would fix my '0 cache' thing as far as buffering goes. For that to work, I obviously need this advancedsettings.xml thing to be done right?

I'll have to look at some stuff that people do with this .xml file and what you can really do/change with it. Perhaps it can mostly be done over XBMC instead of always opening the file on a computer, editing and putting it back onto a memory card/drive.
            you dont need to do anything like that. Within the P2P addon go to the advanced tools menu and import the recommended advanced settings.xml.
            You can backup any current advancedsettings.xml file in there as well.

Comment

i've tried the p2p advanced settings xml but i 'll stick with mine works better for me.

Comment

There are many ways to do this:
                1.) Create the file manually ON the Android box using something like ES explorer editor. This is a bit tough unless you use a keyboard.
                2.) Run an SSH server on the Android box and scp the file from a PC. This is my preferred method as I leave the SSH server up and running all the time and then I can push files to it using something like WinSCP.
                3.) SDcard method. This one is pretty easy as well but it requires having an SDcard and physically moving it back and forth
                4.) Pull via SMB/SCP/FTP from a location. This method could be used from within Android using something like es explorer and you could pull the file from your PC/server and put it into the correct location.

Hope this gives you some more methods to choose from; at least conceptually how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by choekstr View Post
                  There are many ways to do this:
                  1.) Create the file manually ON the Android box using something like ES explorer editor. This is a bit tough unless you use a keyboard.
                  2.) Run an SSH server on the Android box and scp the file from a PC. This is my preferred method as I leave the SSH server up and running all the time and then I can push files to it using something like WinSCP.
                  3.) SDcard method. This one is pretty easy as well but it requires having an SDcard and physically moving it back and forth
                  4.) Pull via SMB/SCP/FTP from a location. This method could be used from within Android using something like es explorer and you could pull the file from your PC/server and put it into the correct location.

Hope this gives you some more methods to choose from; at least conceptually how to do it.

Thank you sir.

Comment

Working...
                  X