Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBMC HD streaming trouble

Hello All,
    I purchased a new M8 (OTT TV BOX) S802 Amlogic device.
    It mostly works well, but when I try to stream HD (both 1080 and 720) content on XBMC (through Genesis or XBMCTorrent ) , the device ,after 1 min of downloading, starts to freeze and sometimes shows horizontal white lines all over the video.
    The freeze can unfreeze after 30 secs and then the video starts to run like in fast forward, and then it freezes again...

I have enabled debug and saw normal CPU and memory activity on freeze. (Although I can only see 2 cpu of the 4 I have)
    I currently run 13.2 Gotham beta 3 (which came with the device, and I think is tweaked).

Things I tried these things:
    1) To disable the hardware acceleration (from the setting->video) - Helped the freezing , but killed the movie quality
    2) To put zero cache in advancedsettings - didn't help, also don't have a HD , only the 8GB flash of the device (I currently set it to 400mb cache)

Hope someone can help me with this issue, It's frustrating...

Originally posted by moranium View Post
    Hello All,
    I purchased a new M8 (OTT TV BOX) S802 Amlogic device.
    It mostly works well, but when I try to stream HD (both 1080 and 720) content on XBMC (through Genesis or XBMCTorrent ) , the device ,after 1 min of downloading, starts to freeze and sometimes shows horizontal white lines all over the video.
    The freeze can unfreeze after 30 secs and then the video starts to run like in fast forward, and then it freezes again...

I have enabled debug and saw normal CPU and memory activity on freeze. (Although I can only see 2 cpu of the 4 I have)
    I currently run 13.2 Gotham beta 3 (which came with the device, and I think is tweaked).

Things I tried these things:
    1) To disable the hardware acceleration (from the setting->video) - Helped the freezing , but killed the movie quality
    2) To put zero cache in advancedsettings - didn't help, also don't have a HD , only the 8GB flash of the device (I currently set it to 400mb cache)

Hope someone can help me with this issue, It's frustrating...

Try these:

1) Connect via ethernet cable. WIFI will never be as good as a wired connections.. especially on these boxes.

2) Use a WIFI analyzer to check the WIFI signal. Move the box/router to a better spot. Also try changing the channel on your router to see which channel gives you the best signal strength.

3) Try downloading SPMC (http://spmc.semperpax.com/). SPMC will NOT affect your current XBMC app. They are 2 separate apps. You can have both of them at the same time. This app is modified for Android boxes. I currently use it and it solved most of my issues. You can use the advanced config file on SPMC as well.

Hope these tips help.

Comment

Originally posted by o0adam0o View Post
      Try these:

1) Connect via ethernet cable. WIFI will never be as good as a wired connections.. especially on these boxes.

2) Use a WIFI analyzer to check the WIFI signal. Move the box/router to a better spot. Also try changing the channel on your router to see which channel gives you the best signal strength.

3) Try downloading SPMC (http://spmc.semperpax.com/). SPMC will NOT affect your current XBMC app. They are 2 separate apps. You can have both of them at the same time. This app is modified for Android boxes. I currently use it and it solved most of my issues. You can use the advanced config file on SPMC as well.

Hope these tips help.
      Hi,
      Sorry for not mentioning that , but I use ethernet RJ45 (not WIFI).
      My download/upload rates are very high.
      About the SPMC , I will try it ASAP , thanks :-)

Comment

Working...
      X