Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBMC VIDEO SETTING PROBLEM FINLESS 1.7 ON MK808B

Hi all
    Followed instructions on how to install XBMC and really works great however have found that some movies/streams are displayed as lines (in the old days I would go to back of tv and rotate 2 knobs horz/vert to fix) -what setting do I have to change to correct video display?-I tried vert syn enable & other switches in video settings with no success.
    Thanx
    Steven

Is it possible to make a screenshot?
    - UG007-II with Finless iMito MX1/2 1.7a ROM and UG802 2Dark4U 1080p overclock kernel and USB WIFI dongle.
    - MK808 with Finless MK808 1.7c ROM and 2Dark4U 1.4 MK808 1080p overclock kernel.
    - MK908-II: XBMC full 1080p playback with a 1080p kernel HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Abducted View Post
      Is it possible to make a screenshot?
      Will try when I get home
      Steven

Comment

Originally posted by smbs View Post
        Will try when I get home
        Steven
        I use archos video player and if I get horizontal lines I pause the video and go into settings and force software decoding. the player will restart and that often fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by showkit View Post
          I use archos video player and if I get horizontal lines I pause the video and go into settings and force software decoding. the player will restart and that often fixes.
          Thanx will give it a try.
          Attached see screenshot
          Attached Files

Comment

I assume this is with the HW accel build of XBMC? I had the same with a single file. But that one plays just fine now. So only thing i can think of that fixed it is the build from 3-4-13 which i currently have installed.
            (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/...rmeabi-v7a.apk)
            Maybe that will fix it for you too. If not using software decoding will probably fix it. Your screenshot shows SD content so that shouldn't be a problem. But if you also use HD content i'll be a problem since (as far as i know) you can just switch between SW and HW decoding like under windows. You'll have install a different version.

But you can give the same file a try gave me the same problems as you're having right now. If you also get the same problems with it then "upgrading" to the 4-3-13 build might fix it.
            Here is the testfile: http://henslfuk.eu/testvideos/Saving...201520x848.mkv

EDIT: Lewy20041 just mentioned in another thread that the 4-3 build just puts the HW accel into a newer build of XBMC. No change to the decoder itself. If that's the case it shouldn't fix anything for you. Not sure why all of a sudden i can play that file now...
            - UG007-II with Finless iMito MX1/2 1.7a ROM and UG802 2Dark4U 1080p overclock kernel and USB WIFI dongle.
            - MK808 with Finless MK808 1.7c ROM and 2Dark4U 1.4 MK808 1080p overclock kernel.

Comment

I assume this is with the HW accel build of XBMC? I had the same with a single file. But that one plays just fine now. So only thing i can think of that fixed it is the build from 3-4-13 which i currently have installed.
              Maybe that will fix it for you too. If not using software decoding will probably fix it. Your screenshot shows SD content so that shouldn't be a problem. But if you also use HD content i'll be a problem since (as far as i know) you can just switch between SW and HW decoding like under windows. You'll have install a different version.

But you can give the same file a try gave me the same problems as you're having right now. If you also get the same problems with it then "upgrading" to the 4-3-13 build might fix it.
              Here is the testfile: http://henslfuk.eu/testvideos/Saving...201520x848.mkv

EDIT: Lewy20041 just mentioned in another thread that the 4-3 build just puts the HW accel into a newer build of XBMC. No change to the decoder itself. If that's the case it shouldn't fix anything for you. Not sure why all of a sudden i can play that file now...
              "I assume this is with the HW accel build of XBMC?" Correct I used the link from the forum in the post above explaining how to install Xbmc. I need HD content as well so not quite sure what I should do. U mention using software should I try and install archos video player as mentioned above ?
              Will I still be able to specify which player plays which type of video?

Comment

With software dedoding i mean using the codecs used by the XBMC internal player. If you install any non-HW accel build of XBMC it will use software decoding (meaning the CPU will decode the video not the GPU (graphics chip)). This might solve the corrupted video problem but you wont be able to play HD content because the CPU is not fast enough.
                You can setup XBMC to use an external player like MX player or the Archos player. You start with the XBMC interface, but as soon as you start a video it'll launch one of those players and play the file. Any XBMC features of course wont work during playback sine you're not in XBMC anymore.

I dont know much about settings it up that way since i want/need to use the internal XBMC player and with HW accel. So im not sure if an external player will work in your situation.
                Have you tried the saving private ryan trailer i gave you the link to? I just went from the 1.7b to the 1.7a ROM (for MX1/2) to see if i could reproduce the corrupt video image with that trailer, but using the latest (3 april) HW accel build it still plays fine for me.

Comment

With software dedoding i mean using the codecs used by the XBMC internal player. If you install any non-HW accel build of XBMC it will use software decoding (meaning the CPU will decode the video not the GPU (graphics chip)). This might solve the corrupted video problem but you wont be able to play HD content because the CPU is not fast enough.
                  You can setup XBMC to use an external player like MX player or the Archos player. You start with the XBMC interface, but as soon as you start a video it'll launch one of those players and play the file. Any XBMC features of course wont work during playback sine you're not in XBMC anymore.

I dont know much about settings it up that way since i want/need to use the internal XBMC player and with HW accel. So im not sure if an external player will work in your situation.
                  Have you tried the saving private ryan trailer i gave you the link to? I just went from the 1.7b to the 1.7a ROM (for MX1/2) to see if i could reproduce the corrupt video image with that trailer, but using the latest (3 april) HW accel build it still plays fine for me.
                  Tried the trailer u suggested -works perfectly no probs. Well I don't see a simple solution until somebody comes up with the exact cause
                  Thanx for your help

Comment

Just noticed under video settings you can enable of disable "allow hardware acceleration". So if you disable that it will be using software decoders. You can see if that fixes your problem. You'll need to re-enable it when ure watching HD content i guess.

Comment

Just noticed under video settings you can enable of disable "allow hardware acceleration". So if you disable that it will be using software decoders. You can see if that fixes your problem. You'll need to re-enable it when ure watching HD content i guess.
                      Great !!! U hit on it-- y"re The MAN
                      Many thanx, just shows one never stops learning!

Comment

Upgrading to the April 3rd version worked for me

Maybe that will fix it for you too
                        Hello there. I realize this thread has not been active in a while, but I wanted to let people know that upgrading to the 3-4-13 version is what worked for me.

I just started playing with XBMC last week, using the Feb.19 HW-enabled version. Out of the 10 movies I had loaded on my MK808B (running Finless 1.7), 3 gave the exact problem shown in the screen capture above. I inspected the attributes of all 10 movies (e.g. codec, aspect ratio) and could not find anything unique to the three failing videos. I then found your thread and gave the Apr.3 test build a try, and lo and behold all 10 videos now play fine!

Comment

Working...
                        X