My custom black glass nova build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My custom black glass nova build

I worked long and hard on this build and I think it provides the best solution so far for me, black glass nova skin has been updated for helix where you can put an unlimited amount of shortcuts to the home page so I put 70 of the most reliable add ons grouped by type complete with submenus. I also found this website which posts new add ons along with tutorials so currently I have 76 on the home page:

Comes complete with artwork and separate sports, kids and music sections.
    I made a short youtube video:
    Video, teilen, Kamerahandy, Videohandy, kostenlos, hochladen

Since then I made some changes by adding new add ons and a music section. I have installed both the kodi and spmc helix versions on a bunch of HPH boxes and they work very well.

Link for kodi version:
    WeTransfer is the simplest way to send your files around the world

spmc version:
    WeTransfer is the simplest way to send your files around the world

Enjoy!
    Last edited by bloatman; 05-16-2015, 01:32.

not being funny but its a bit naff but thanx for upload

Comment

Originally posted by DIBBO100 View Post
      what does that mean? you dont like it? or ? oh wait I looked it up......British slang, describes something that is stupid, lame or unpalatable
      So what's the British slang for being a mean and rude person?
      And which is it....stupid, lame or unpalatable? I have every repo possible installed and have included movie and TV fan art along with custom add on backgrounds, all the add ons have their full submenus on the home screen for easier navigation. So what part of my build do you think is naff? Or you dont like kodi at all? Or maybe you didnt even look at the video and just like to leave mean comments?
      I have sold this software on **** and have only received positive feedback except from you:

Better than my previous item from same seller, has everything needed.Thx
      Buyer: Member id cata2ca ( Feedback Score Of 355[IMG]http://q.****static.com/aw/pics/icon/iconTealStar_25x25.gif[/IMG]) During past 6 months
      Custom KODI media center Black Glass Nova edition Movies Live TV Sports Adult (#261841818242) US $2.99 View Item Custom KODI media center Black Glass Nova edition Movies Live TV Sports Adult
      [IMG]http://q.****static.com/aw/pics/icon/iconPos_16x16.gif[/IMG] Easy to use. Good clear explanation. 5+++++ Buyer: Member id xxxxxx( Feedback Score Of 550[IMG]http://q.****static.com/aw/pics/icon/iconPurpleStar_25x25.gif[/IMG]) During past 6 months
      ULTIMATE CORD CUTTER KODI Streaming media software Movies LiveTV Sports Adult (#261819320968) US $3.99 View Item ULTIMATE CORD CUTTER KODI Streaming media software Movies LiveTV Sports Adult
      [IMG]http://q.****static.com/aw/pics/icon/iconPos_16x16.gif[/IMG] Item is fantastic works perfect on my Nexus Player loaded with Lollipop 1.6. Buyer: Member id xxxxx ( Feedback Sc[IMG]http://q.****static.com/aw/pics/icon/iconTealStar_25x25.gif[/IMG]ore Of 355) During past 6 months
      Custom KODI media center software Nebula edition Movies Live TV Sports Adult (#261819320968
      Last edited by bloatman; 05-16-2015, 01:49.

Comment

Maybe you should just say thanks for the download or better still, just say nothing.

Comment

no i tried it out and it was crap lol was trying to be polite ...but now ur rude to me il be rude back...just admit it it is crap can do better with my eyes shut

Comment

sold it on ****..ur having a laugh..u would have to pay me to put on my machine pmpl

Comment

sold it on ****..ur having a laugh..u would have to pay me to put on my machine pmpl
              I really would like to know what exactly your problem is
              tell me you downloaded it and tried it out before you decided to bash me?
              your really tough behind that keyboard of yours you moron. Just give me one good reason why it's crap and where do you come off being such an ass to a person who has spent so much time perfecting an easy to use complete with fanart and oh yea the most important part is they all work. And i am sharing it for free to anyone who wants it, couldnt you just keep your hatefull comments to yourself or is that too much to ask?

Comment

lol ive not got a problem its u thats got a problem...i did try it and didnt think it was any good and you sent thretning messages ....to me...so whats ur problem.....just telling other poeple so they dont waste there bandwith on a piece of crap thats all..im rude lol its u that is rude

Comment

btw ...naff means not very good...so get ur facts right

Comment

ok guys i'm gonna say this one time . this stops right now . nobody comes here to see this type of stuff . just leave it be and no worries . keep it up and you'll be banned . @ bloatman,you've been around here long enough to know don't stir up stuff . so just leave it and let the mods deal with it . thanks guys . now play nice .
                    freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

sir we don't deal with people saying anything negative about other people . so just say nothing ok .
                      freaktab art developer if you like my work please buy me a pepsi

Comment

"no i tried it out and it was crap lol was trying to be polite ...but now ur rude to me il be rude back...just admit it it is crap can do better with my eyes shut "

Ok this is what I did to make this build. I started off trying to get my wife to feel comfortable using it and she is the perfect test subject as she lacks patience when using most devices.
                        I started out by trying every skin before choosing the black glass nova for 3 simple reasons. The top auto hide menu bar, the window closing icon and the flexibility of configuring shortcuts on the home screen. I'm also a big fan of fanart so the black glass was a no brainer to me.
                        Before choosing shortcuts I tested each add on to gauge performance and type for later grouping. From there I added selected add ons along with their submenus to the home screen, I also adjusted the order of the submenus items to match. I found myself with over 70 add on shortcuts with navigation in both directions. I then grouped them by type(iptv, single source, aggregator, movie, tv, specialty etc.) I then changed the label font colors to match each group..
                        Next I created a kids, music and sports sections by extracting the respective submenus from each add on that offered them again testing each one and removing dead links along the way. I then configured the live tv section, a torrent player and playlist loader with a 3 different live tv playlists included. I added some movies and tv shows to my library to use for background fan art by using the add to library option found in both the genesis and istream add ons. For certain specialty add ons I chose multi image background highlighting actual content from that add on. Finally using the key map editor I adjusted certain keys for ease of use.

Comment

Originally posted by tattman65 View Post
                          ok guys i'm gonna say this one time . this stops right now . nobody comes here to see this type of stuff . just leave it be and no worries . keep it up and you'll be banned . @ bloatman,you've been around here long enough to know don't stir up stuff . so just leave it and let the mods deal with it . thanks guys . now play nice .
                          yea your right just caught me off guard I was just trying to do something nice and didnt expect that reaction. I learned for next time I guess. I would hope somebody else can try it out and let me know if they like it or how I can improve it.

Comment

I agree 100% with tattman65!

But let me also say, that a comment like
                            isn't really helpful... Any constructive critique is welcome, but not blanket/global statements like this.

RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

@bloatman...you did an awesome job...wow.....i just tested your Kodi Version on my Tronsmart S82-H S802 Soc Amlogic 114K (Oman) and it works great. Some Addons seem to be geolocked like BBC Player, CanTV etc...but most of the Addons really work great!
                              The native was Kodi 14.2 (your Edition) - i upgraded via Android Nightly on Kodi 15 Beta....no problem so far....

I was a bit irritated with the GUI - main menu of black glass nova...couldn't find the power options or movie, music option (to scan my library) in the main menu.........but all in all your edtion is da bomp :-D

much appreciated

cheers

Groovetemple

Comment

Working...
                              X