Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Streaming with 1Channel or Genesis always freezes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streaming with 1Channel or Genesis always freezes.

Whenever I try to stream something with 1Channel or Genesis in Kodi on my Tronfy MX IV TV box the video will always freeze within the first 10-15 mins with the audio continuing for a couple more minutes before it stops and goes back to the video selection screen. It doesn't matter how high or low the quality. The only other streaming service I've tried in Kodi is YouTube which always works fine. Also playing local videos from an attached USB hard drive work fine in Kodi as well. Also i dont have problens streaming with the Netflix Android app. Any ideas how I can fix this?

Have you tried to stream the same 1Channel file using the Primewire/1Channel service in MovieDroid S? You should then be able to determine whether this is a 1Channel or Kodi problem.

Comment

Hi Lurker, I tried the app and when I finally found sources that would actually play, they played all the way through without freezing. So it seems to be a Kodi issue. I'd prefer to stick with Kodi if possible. Any ideas how to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by Benhermies View Post
        Hi Lurker, I tried the app and when I finally found sources that would actually play, they played all the way through without freezing. So it seems to be a Kodi issue. I'd prefer to stick with Kodi if possible. Any ideas how to fix it?
        Try going into your android settings then apps choose kodi and try clearing the cache if that doesnt work you can clear the data but then you will have to reinstall the genesis and primewire addons the site tvaddons.ag has a good easy to follow tutorial on how to do that.

Cheers,
        Vec

Comment

@Benhermies: First try the above suggestion from veclinux.

You could try to download one of the files that stops playing in Kodi and then play it back with Kodi from a flash drive connected to a USB port to see what happens. If you can't download from the 1channel add-on I think you should be able to from Movie Droid S.

If the file plays properly try to remove any devices that are drawing current from the USB ports that might also increase the internal temperature slightly like your hard drive to see if that helps in any way when streaming from Kodi. You could also try to cool your MX IV slightly either with a fan/laptop cooler or just by raising it off the desk, turning it upside down etc. Changing the orientation of the unit slighty might improve the wireless signal etc. You could try to use a LAN cable instead of a wireless connection etc. if that is convenient.

Sometimes the power supply on these devices can cause erratic behaviour (usually crashes) but apparently these S802 type boards are very sensitive to slight over voltage conditions at turn on so I wouldn't recommend that you try a different power supply unless it comes from the same model.

If none of these quick fixes help you could consider updating your version of Kodi or the MXIV firmware but this could end up adding to your problems.

Let us know if you manage to isolate the problem.
          Last edited by Lurker; 11-01-2015, 01:54.

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem.
            I have the TronSmart MXIII Plus (S812) and its been perfect.
            The only issue is that when I'm watching anything with Genesis, I can only stream for like 10min, before the video freezes and the audio keeps playing. I then have to skip to a different part of the video, then it starts playing fine again for another 10 min of so (repeat process).
            This happens from multiple sources.

Comment

I can stream from Genesis with my new MXIII Plus...no freezing...using the stock Kodi 15.2 build...I have a 100Mbps cable Internet link though if that makes any difference, is it possibly a buffer overflow or similar? One of the problems I am having is not being able to turn the AMlogic Hardware acceleration codec on...that certainly causes the box to freeze completely, Lib..fright and Mediacodec hardware acceleration seem to be ok but given the MXIII has an Amlogic SOC I think that one should at least work...

Comment

ok guys, someone found out that the android didnt allow Kodi to do some changes and that would end up on the freeze, I got mine fixed, works great now...

Comment

Working...
                X