• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange pi plus HD issue on Kodi

Device: Orange pi plus
    Software: Model Dolphine
    Version Android 4.4.2
    Firmware: Homlet 4.4.2 H3 V1.0

Display settings stuck on 720. Unable set to higher defenition, so all movies are in SD. HD are excluded
    Help please

Possible fix
    See link

Comment

I am terribly disappointed with the performance of Kodi on my Orange pi plus.
      Waht a waste of money !
      I used to go to settings andtry, without success to change the video resolution, but its futile.
      Now, it is even worse, because the resolution settings just disappeared for no aqpparent reason. Its is just showing PAL or NTSC settings !!!!!!

Its not TRUE HD, and the audio is far from todays standards.
      Movies look more like 35mm celloloid film, with optical track than 720 or 1080 ! !

And the proof is here :
      I have downloaded the OSMC (OSMC is a dedicated Kodi software OS) from https://osmc.tv/download/
      and it does not install because of video restrictions. The restriction is that the orange pi has NO genuine HD components.

Comment

Originally posted by pawlu View Post
        I am terribly disappointed with the performance of Kodi on my Orange pi plus.
        Waht a waste of money !
        I used to go to settings andtry, without success to change the video resolution, but its futile.
        Now, it is even worse, because the resolution settings just disappeared for no aqpparent reason. Its is just showing PAL or NTSC settings !!!!!!

Its not TRUE HD, and the audio is far from todays standards.
        Movies look more like 35mm celloloid film, with optical track than 720 or 1080 ! !

And the proof is here :
        I have downloaded the OSMC (OSMC is a dedicated Kodi software OS) from https://osmc.tv/download/
        and it does not install because of video restrictions. The restriction is that the orange pi has NO genuine HD components.
        You can build Kodi from Zidoo's source for Allwiner H3 devices.

Comment

you can also install the zidoo kodi, but you need to block..i think it was "auth.zidoo.com"
          -using a router or firewall or host file (the kodi phones home)
          --i asked the "mirror" (mod) guy to compile a version without the check..but hey never anwsered my req

goodluck

Comment

Working...
          X