Change android kodi defaults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change android kodi defaults

I've got my kodi system all up and aces and for the most part its working pretty good. I'm having an issue though where if I get too frisky with it the system will freeze and after rebooting it, kodi is sitting at default again.

I bought a bunch of these sticks for my family and myself so while it going default on me isn't such a big deal, it going default on my mom n dad is a real PITA.

I've sorta decided that the easiest way to fix the problem would be to simply change what kodi calls default and replace it with my setup. that way if it ever decides to go back to default settings its no problem as default isn't vanilla confluence.

I'm having a bit of a problem figuring out just how to do this though as I really don't know much about how android / android apk / ect works. I've been looking through the web for an easy explanation for how to do this and have concluded that either:

A: nobody wants to talk about it.
    or
    B: its so easy nobody thinks there is a need to talk about it.

So my question is were do I find the information I need to be able to swap out the default setup in a kodi APK file? I found a bit of information on kodi android builds at the kodi website but they all reference working within Linux... Is there a method to open an apk, swap the files / config and then repack the apk and have it still install and stay that way or does it require learning a whole lot more about android than I currently do to pull it off?

guys, I have so many questions and no matter how I try and word it, any search with "kodi" in it gets me 15 pages of "how to install mindless blah blah lbah" and any search with android + apk gets me 3000 pages of god only knows what kind of irrelivent informations. I feel like google has turned into "ask jeeves" from 1995... It just isn't working.

Any information on how to do this would be much appreciated.

Hello you may want to try reading and posting in this section. It says XBMC, but Kodi is also discussed there.
    Good luck.

Comment

Well, my questions are really more developer related than kodi related as they pertain to changing values in an apk file, not the files on the device after they've been installed, which is why I put it in the developer section. But I see I've been stuck in the kodi dumping ground here, just like every time i say the four letter word that starts with "k" I get a whole lot of nothing related to my questions, and a whole lot of newb smackery.

Forgive my sarcasm, im just very frustrated with this and if I had it in me I'd have said f*k it a long time ago, but im like a dog with a bone, i just can't let it go...

so... does anyone in "this" part of the forum know how to change the default files and settings in an APK file, repack and sign it? If not, can anyone point me in the direction I need to go to find out?

Comment

Originally posted by tzetsin View Post
        Well, my questions are really more developer related than kodi related as they pertain to changing values in an apk file, not the files on the device after they've been installed, which is why I put it in the developer section. But I see I've been stuck in the kodi dumping ground here, just like every time i say the four letter word that starts with "k" I get a whole lot of nothing related to my questions, and a whole lot of newb smackery.

Forgive my sarcasm, im just very frustrated with this and if I had it in me I'd have said f*k it a long time ago, but im like a dog with a bone, i just can't let it go...

so... does anyone in "this" part of the forum know how to change the default files and settings in an APK file, repack and sign it? If not, can anyone point me in the direction I need to go to find out?
        You are better of using one of these 2 methods
        Not just how to Backup and Restore XBMC (Kodi) With XBMC Backup Add-on, but an overall walk through of how to use the XBMC Backup Add-on.

any Kodi apk bundled with addons and size over 100MB would become very unstable and freeze on lots of slow Android devices and then the addons can't be deleted or updated properly.

Comment

Working...
        X