Kodi Key mapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kodi Key mapping

I am using Kodi with a Logitech K400 Plus.

I wanted to take a screen print of an issue that I have and on the K400 Plus there is no dedicated PrtSc key.

To use it, you have to press FN and Backspace.

This however does not work within the Kodi interface and instead it brings up a menu.

Anybody know how to modify that keyboard.xml file to enable print screen for this key combination?
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

You may have seen / know This

On the K400r Fn and Delete key work...
    New model new rules.....gotta hate that
    Cheers
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Thanks Trebor.

I'll give that a shot.

Update: Tried FN and Del but that did nothing.

FN and Backspace causes the Browse for Folder windows to come up.
      Last edited by bluesmanuk; 12-07-2015, 00:34.

Comment

I will have the plus model soon to add to the others...lets know if you find a fix
        Failing that bring out the Digital Camera
        Cheers
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Go to settings-system and make sure your settings level is set to expert down the bottom.

Now go into settings-system-debugging and click screenshot folder and select where you want them to save.

Now go back and try clicking ctrl+s and see if it saved in the screenshots folder. If it didn't try function key+delete and see if it there.
          To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Can see a real Kodi users there

With some versions of Kodi / Media players when playing a video some will capture video and overlay others only capture overlay.
            I gather its a copyright or something in that area
            yet to really explore Kodi on the list of things
            Cheers & Thanks
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post
              Go to settings-system and make sure your settings level is set to expert down the bottom.

Now go into settings-system-debugging and click screenshot folder and select where you want them to save.

Now go back and try clicking ctrl+s and see if it saved in the screenshots folder. If it didn't try function key+delete and see if it there.

Thanks.

I didn't know that you could capture directly from within Kodi so that is most useful.

I did discover something though.

I made the assumption that FN and Backspace didn't work because on screen the combination bought up a file browser window.

When I looked at what was in the clipboard though I did find that there was a capture.

So it does work but in an unusual manner.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Thanks.

I didn't know that you could capture directly from within Kodi so that is most useful.

I did discover something though.

I made the assumption that FN and Backspace didn't work because on screen the combination bought up a file browser window.

When I looked at what was in the clipboard though I did find that there was a capture.

So it does work but in an unusual manner.
                fn and backspace should copy to clipboard but fn and delete should add it straight into the screenshots folder the same as ctrl and s does. I think lol.
                To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Working...
                X