Micro stuttering on Amlogic s905 box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micro stuttering on Amlogic s905 box

Playback on Kodi stutters for a brief moment , especially during scene transitions or fast movements
    Videos tested are mostly 1080p h264 mkv files at 23.976 frame rate streamed from a NAS

I have tried several things to fix this but no luck
    - Refresh rate adjustment: My display is a Samsung JS9000 that is capable of supporting 24p - However playback at 24p is very jerky with a lot of ghosting (whereas it works perfectly if I connect it to my laptop)
    - Stuttering and ghosting are reduced at 1080p 60 hz but not completely eliminated
    - Playback via ESFile explorer and native video playback app on the box does not have this problem so hardware does seem to be capable of flawless playback, however the UI on ESFileexplorer is not really meant for remote based control

I would like to continue using Kodi (or a fork based on Kodi) - Are there any custom settings that would help eliminate this problem
    Alternatively, are there any Kodi forks that could help fix this? (I don't care for the Super Repo or any of the other streaming services except youtube)

I believe you can follow SPMC (by @Koying) improvements on the subject!
    Or you can try Kodi 17 (codename Krypton) in development.
    Regards
    Alessandro

Comment

For me is fix using SPMC v16.2 on Mini MX Ver 1.0

Comment

Working...
      X