Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RKMC - Rockchip is preparing their own official app based on KODI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kodi Team will also drop AMLogic and all other Android device specific code from Kodi 17.
    Hopefully the will add support for external videoplayers.. like mx-Player
    so, anyone can still enjoy hw acceleration..

Kodi is now also dropping support for any Android version lower than Lollipop.
    Thats a big issue, as allot of devices never got updated.. this means allot of devices will be thrashed

Im all For, forks
    I don't believe in one, kodi version for all devices
    The more versions (forks) ... the more chooses

Comment

News: An apk has been uploaded to a new folder named "RKMC-Build" to the RKMC GitHub repo half an our ago: https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/...vis/RKMC-Build
      I don't know if its the first official RKMC test-build (because of the files name), but the repository has been quite active in the last 2 days.

Regards!

Comment

Looks like just a debug apk not a complied version. 👀
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

First RK3288 tv box firmware to support RKMC(Rockchip Media Centre).
          http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-v1-5-by-mo123

Comment

I got a firmware update for my Android TV Box from manufacturer and they changed from preinstalled Kodi to Rkmc (16.1 RC3). Is it true that Rkmc is missing some options under the video options menu while playing a video ? There are just two options for 3D and nothing else while Kodi had much more options, for the resolution for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Defendor View Post
              I got a firmware update for my Android TV Box from manufacturer and they changed from preinstalled Kodi to Rkmc (16.1 RC3). Is it true that Rkmc is missing some options under the video options menu while playing a video ? There are just two options for 3D and nothing else while Kodi had much more options, for the resolution for example.
              Video is rendered directly by the hardware bypassing postprocessing, so some items are missing.
              You can always switch to MediaCodec Surface rendering if you want more video options.
              Eg. AMlogic AMCodec works in a similar way rendering the video directly with the hardware and also don't have extra video settings.

Comment

You mean the option "Allow hardware acceleration - MediaCodec (Surface)" under Videos->Settings->Acceleration ? That option already was enabled.
                The option "Allow hardware acceleration - MediaCodec is also enabled by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Defendor View Post
                  You mean the option "Allow hardware acceleration - MediaCodec (Surface)" under Videos->Settings->Acceleration ? That option already was enabled.
                  The option "Allow hardware acceleration - MediaCodec is also enabled by default.
                  Then just disable RKCodec under RKMC.

Comment

Looking at the git there has been no activity for a month now.

I hope that they haven't given up.
                    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I do Bluesmanuk.. I hope they abandon it and start coding the api to Andriod standard. So much better for all. 😁 No hidden code no games no constant build changes for devs to get sound work. Yup I hope they do abandon it.
                      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                        I do Bluesmanuk.. I hope they abandon it and start coding the api to Andriod standard. So much better for all. 😁 No hidden code no games no constant build changes for devs to get sound work. Yup I hope they do abandon it.

Good point.

Yes that would be the best way.

I would love to know what makes them go in a different direction in the first place.
                        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Money and Time 😁

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                            Looking at the git there has been no activity for a month now.

I hope that they haven't given up.
                            Kodi 17 won't be released for several months so there is not much that can be changed in Kodi 16.1 at the moment.
                            Kodi 17 will also completely change how the audio, video and GUI works so it will cause all sorts of problems until all the bugs have been fixed.
                            In certain Kodi forum threads Kodi Team members even admitted that there are problems with Mediacodec rendering in the latest Kodi 17 nightlies.
                            Almost every second post in Kodi forum is about video playback problems with the Nvidia Shield that follows all the correct api's.

Comment

True but once solved it will fix all within the api. Thats the better picture Moe. Add that they are short on Andriod programers isnt helping. Having 10 different builds for rockchip and amilogic isnt the best solution. Add in that still to this day Rockchip wont provide code for thier player doesnt help.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Then just disable RKCodec under RKMC.
                                Hmm, didn't changed anything. The video options aren't shown again. Isn't such a big drama when the options are gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X