Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RKMC - Rockchip is preparing their own official app based on KODI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Kodi 17 won't be released for several months so there is not much that can be changed in Kodi 16.1 at the moment.
    Kodi 17 will also completely change how the audio, video and GUI works so it will cause all sorts of problems until all the bugs have been fixed.
    In certain Kodi forum threads Kodi Team members even admitted that there are problems with Mediacodec rendering in the latest Kodi 17 nightlies.
    Almost every second post in Kodi forum is about video playback problems with the Nvidia Shield that follows all the correct api's.

I see.

Would have been nice to see a fully working 16.1 though to showcase their development skills.

With 17 only supporting Lollipop too, those with KitKat could have had hope for something to utilise.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hi guys, total non techie here and I was wondering what RKMC Kodi does that plain Kodi from the Google Play store doesn't?

I just bought a device I guess that uses the RKMC Kodi and I have never heard of it before. I know there is a reason to be using it, just wanted to know how much a difference it makes.

Can I just install the normal Kodi so it auto updates or would I lose to much?

Comment

Originally posted by rkkeller View Post
        Hi guys, total non techie here and I was wondering what RKMC Kodi does that plain Kodi from the Google Play store doesn't?

I just bought a device I guess that uses the RKMC Kodi and I have never heard of it before. I know there is a reason to be using it, just wanted to know how much a difference it makes.

Can I just install the normal Kodi so it auto updates or would I lose to much?
        It depends what device you have
        For RK3288, only Ugoos and Nagrace currently support RKMC Kodi
        For RK3368 devices, Ugoos, Nagrace, Zidoo & Tronsmart support it, probably Beelink also with their latest firmware.
        If you have another device but a RK3368, you could probably install a Zidoo based modded firmware.

RKMC adds
        - HD Audio pass-through
        - 3D MVC video playback
        - Smooth 4K video playback utilizing RKCodec acceleration
        - Extra language support

Comment

Thanks, I have one of the i68 boxes using RK3368. It is a no name one, but looks exactly like the Beelink i68.

Comment

Does MPEG-2 video works on your devices when RK codec is enabled?
            I got only sound and black screen when watching live tv if this is mpeg-2 codec.
            Surface is works good (image+sound),
            Thanks
            Last edited by Ben.Efrati; 07-12-2016, 18:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben.Efrati View Post
              Does MPEG-2 video works on your devices when RK codec is enabled?
              I got only sound and black screen when watching live tv if this is mpeg-2 codec.
              Surface is works good (image+sound),
              Thanks
              same here...

Comment

Same here, when I play live TV streams in mpeg2 ts, with RK codec enabled, all garbage, disable RK codec and the live streams play flawlessly. However with the RK codec disabled, no HD audio, so have to keep enabling and disabling it depending what I am playing.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Indeed same problem here.

Skickat från min D6603 via Tapatalk

Comment

I think I have a solution.
                    Can someone give me a link to a Kodi addon that has free mpeg2 streams where the problem occurs.

Comment

I use external TV tuner for my mpeg2 streams.
                      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                        I think I have a solution.
                        Can someone give me a link to a Kodi addon that has free mpeg2 streams where the problem occurs.
                        You can download this file:
                        MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

I record it using Tvheadend

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,
                          I replaced librkffplayer.so and libffmpeg.so at /system/lib with this files https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/...288/Android5.1 via TWRP.
                          After reboot, system is in bootloop, android start, for 10 seconds and then reboot, and all over again.
                          Before replace I did backup to the original files.
                          After got the reboot I replaced again to original files but problem still exists...
                          Any ideas?
                          Thanks,
                          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Ben.Efrati View Post
                            Hi,
                            I replaced librkffplayer.so and libffmpeg.so at /system/lib with this files https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/...288/Android5.1 via TWRP.
                            After reboot, system is in bootloop, android start, for 10 seconds and then reboot, and all over again.
                            Before replace I did backup to the original files.
                            After got the reboot I replaced again to original files but problem still exists...
                            Any ideas?
                            Thanks,
                            Ben
                            I am wondering whether the file permissions are perhaps not what they need to be.
                            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

I am wondering whether the file permissions are perhaps not what they need to be.
                              The file permission are 644 (as before replace)
                              I flashed only system.img and still rebooting...

Comment

Is this still the latest RKMC version or did I miss something on github ?https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/...5ad/RKMC-Build

Does someone has this version installed and can tell me which is the exact version number of that RKMC release ?

Comment

Working...
                                X