Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RKMC - Rockchip is preparing their own official app based on KODI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody else has big problems with the latest RKMC version ? Played videos get very often out of sync on my Beelink device.
    That's a problem I didn't have before with the older RKMC version or the orginal KODI.

Comment

You should try this one.http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...own-ftmc/page6

Comment

With FTMC everything works normal again.

Comment

RKMC working great ,but i didnot find the way to remove addons from latest apk. When i put ZDMC there is huge problem with fonts. 4k is amazing with Rkmc -30-35 percent of cpu. Something i never find with included TVMC. So please help me how to remove included addons, uninstall button is disable

Comment

Originally posted by armagani View Post
            RKMC working great ,but i didnot find the way to remove addons from latest apk. When i put ZDMC there is huge problem with fonts. 4k is amazing with Rkmc -30-35 percent of cpu. Something i never find with included TVMC. So please help me how to remove included addons, uninstall button is disable
            I found the same with the latest build.

In such circumstances I usually install the Fresh Start addon and reset it back to defaults but with this version they simply came back after the next launch, so on the surface it would seem that it is somehow embedded into this particular build..

Worth checking out FTMC as it has the Rockchip acceleration option too.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/general-tv-player-dicussions/xbmc-talk/575588-ftmc
            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I'm trying to make some sense of the mx plus II rk3229 box I seem to have chosen unwisely...it's a kitkat 4.4.4. box, still on original FW because no other has ever been released...I replaced the 2 files (librkffplayer.so and libffmeg.so) meant for Android 4.4 via mixplorer, as instructed previously in this thread, and installed both RKMC and FTMC for Rockchip (not at the same time, of course) but I can't get any video playback from any type of file with RKcodec enabled in either fork...the playback starts but the video file selection screen just lingers on and there is sound in the background. When I force the fullscreen, it's just black screen with playback bar and sound running...at one point earlier I installed FW from another 3229 box (Schishion V88) which runs on android 5.1 and has RKMC pre-installed, and RKcodec worked nicely with 4K h.265, you name it , but the wifi didn't work because it uses a different chip...

Anyone have an idea what else I might do and why won't it work? Thanks
              Last edited by Guest; 02-04-2017, 21:43.

Comment

My understanding is that librkffplayer.so and libffmeg.so files are for Lollipop, not Kitkat.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                  My understanding is that librkffplayer.so and libffmeg.so files are for Lollipop, not Kitkat.
                  I downloaded these: https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/...22x/Android4.4

Comment

Originally posted by mytbyte View Post
                    I missed those.

There must be other factors of the firmware that may have to be implemented to make it fully compatible.

There are a few devs on here that will very likely to be able to explain.

Mo123 is the resident expert when it comes to RK3229, so hopefully be will be able to shed some light.

Comment

One silly question. I have installed the latest version of rkmc from github. My box is 3229, android 5.1
                      Do i have to install also some patches, libraries or so? Rkmc till now, working fine.
                      Also will be a rkmc version for kodi 17?
                      Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by zenix View Post
                        One silly question. I have installed the latest version of rkmc from github. My box is 3229, android 5.1
                        Do i have to install also some patches, libraries or so? Rkmc till now, working fine.
                        Also will be a rkmc version for kodi 17?
                        Thanx
                        What is the date of your firmware in Settings, About?
                        If older than Oct 2016, 4 months then you also need to replace with the latest librkffplayer.so & libffmpeg.so files.

Comment

@mo123: any idea about a solution to my problem outlined in post #83...it's a sunchip CX-R9 board...thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mytbyte View Post
                            @mo123: any idea about a solution to my problem outlined in post #83...it's a sunchip CX-R9 board...thanks
                            There is only 3 possibilities and not so good news.
                            You can use Lollipop firmware with ethernet and no wifi.
                            You can bug the manufacturer to fix their firmware so RKMC can work(but they already abandoned it after a few days after release, so there is almost no hope).
                            Or you can sell it and buy a supported RK3229 device. Some companies with RK3229's will even release Nougat firmware in the next 2 months, this is confirmed

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

What is the date of your firmware in Settings, About?
                              If older than Oct 2016, 4 months then you also need to replace with the latest librkffplayer.so & libffmpeg.so files.
                              Thank you for your response
                              My box came with 27/8/2016 firmware but i flashed a custom one (http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry56210893) with a 5/12/2016 release date.
                              i dont know if it is based on 27/8 firmware or the librkffplayer.so & libffmpeg.so files are outdated and i must replace them

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

There is only 3 possibilities and not so good news.
                                You can use Lollipop firmware with ethernet and no wifi.
                                You can bug the manufacturer to fix their firmware so RKMC can work(but they already abandoned it after a few days after release, so there is almost no hope).
                                Or you can sell it and buy a supported RK3229 device. Some companies with RK3229's will even release Nougat firmware in the next 2 months, this is confirmed
                                Thanks...

I'm using the first solution currently but only directional buttons on the remote are working, tried the second but they seem to have discontinued the board as soon as they released it, as for the third, exactly because I'm looking to sell it to a friend, I need at least 1080p h.265 for it to run in Kodi but it would be nice to have wifi working...I already purchased a Beelink S905x box for myself...
                                Last edited by Guest; 02-08-2017, 16:11.

Comment

Working...
                                X