Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RKMC - Rockchip is preparing their own official app based on KODI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New test version and new instructions...can i update the rk 3368 patches without any pc ,,just which the android tv?¿?

Comment

Originally posted by WAIKIKI728 View Post
      https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/...90eaa8911598d2

New test version and new instructions...can i update the rk 3368 patches without any pc ,,just which the android tv?¿?
      Yes, but the new RKMC has a stretch video bug.

Comment

The problem..is that i really don´t know how...how can use the command: adb push librkffplayer.so /system/lib/librkmcplayer.so in android..

Do you know any tutorial that i can learn to update these patches?¿'...i guess of this way y can use the rkcodec acceleration that is in the FTMC.

THANKS for your help ..

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Yes, but the new RKMC has a stretch video bug.
          I found out It's because of the latest, updated librkffplayer.so from a week ago, apparently...the previous one from 4 months ago fixes the vertical stretch for cinemascope movies, but ruins the aspect of SD 16:9 (it's shown as 4:3 instead of 16:9 - not fixable from within RKMC)...the updated one ruins the cinemascope but fixes the SD 16:9 aspect...is it possible for you to communicate this to James Lin as you are already in contact with him ?

Comment

Originally posted by mytbyte View Post

I found out It's because of the latest, updated librkffplayer.so from a week ago, apparently...the previous one from 4 months ago fixes the vertical stretch for cinemascope movies, but ruins the aspect of SD 16:9 (it's shown as 4:3 instead of 16:9 - not fixable from within RKMC)...the updated one ruins the cinemascope but fixes the SD 16:9 aspect...is it possible for you to communicate this to James Lin as you are already in contact with him ?
            I already send logs and screenshots last week.
            It was fixed this morning.

Comment

I already send logs and screenshots last week.
              It was fixed this morning.
              Well, cinemacope is now OK with this morning's RKMC build and the updated .so, but 16:9 non-square pixel SD aspect is back to "wrong", while it was OK with the previous RKMC (when cinemascope was wrong) ...perhaps the build was just reverted to the last good known build for cinemascope or James isn't even aware of the 16:9 SD problem...

P.S: it's a rk3229 machine...

Comment

Originally posted by mytbyte View Post

Well, cinemacope is now OK with this morning's RKMC build and the updated .so, but 16:9 non-square pixel SD aspect is back to "wrong", while it was OK with the previous RKMC (when cinemascope was wrong) ...perhaps the build was just reverted to the last good known build for cinemascope or James isn't even aware of the 16:9 SD problem...

P.S: it's a rk3229 machine...
                Can you post a screenshot or send to me with the incorrect aspect ratio after pressing 'o' to show the information?
                And then also with 'RKCodec' disabled where it should show correct.
                Even better if you have a smal video with the incorrect aspect ratio, please post a link or send it to me then I can check it.

Comment

So just to be clear. Rockchip playing same game and not coding to Api. Thet need to wake up and stop being the arrogant kid. Your player is not all that. God how much has to be said to them to make it aink in....
                  Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

@mo123: you've got PM

tested with RKcodec disabled, aspect ratio is now correct with mediacodec, but no proper de-interlace as with RKcodec (of course, it doesn't even work via Amlogic's mediacodec)

@scooter: it's actully amazing what theer chips are capable of at a low price, but boy does theimplementation suck (they advertised BT2020 support for rk3229, but it's nowhere to be seen implemented, and I'm sure it's supported by the chip)

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                      So just to be clear. Rockchip playing same game and not coding to Api. Thet need to wake up and stop being the arrogant kid. Your player is not all that. God how much has to be said to them to make it aink in....
                      Actually RK is adding full Mediacodec support to their Nougat firmware, which is good news for everyone and stopping support for LP and MM over the next few months.
                      The mpp framework will also be open source to use.which is used in RK3229, RK3328 & RK3399.
                      But there is also Kodi that are behind the times and don't add new Mediacodec features.
                      You just have to add 4 characters to Kodi 17 code to comment a disabled function out to be able to play 10-bit h264 videos on Rockchip's new RK3229, RK3328, RK3399 devices.
                      But Kodi is not willing to do it otherwise it will break compatibility for other Android devices that don't support 10-bit h264.
                      At the moment 10-bit H264 plays by the CPU in slow motion and crash slow devices, by editing the code it will just show a black screen and not play in slow motion or crash on unsupported devices which is better than slow motion crashing and completely working on devices that support 10-bit h264.
                      Then there are also lots of Mediacodec code from Koying that hasn't even made it into Kodi 17.
                      There are also problems with Mediacodec with deinterlacing and VP9 support.

But it will take time before RK devices start to ship with Nougat and Kodi gets Android maintainers.
                      So it's a slow process but at least in the right direction.

Comment

Sorry Moe we disagree on this as Rockchip could have coded to api a year ago they still cling to using the player to resolve the coding issues. Hardheaded Rockchip thinking everyone should help them Kodi was specific code to the api. Hate to say it but I dont think they will magically solve in 7 They have to start coding to the api now. But seeing no player code released in the 3399 looks like they still have the same mind set. So Ill believe it when I see it.
                        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                          Sorry Moe we disagree on this as Rockchip could have coded to api a year ago they still cling to using the player to resolve the coding issues. Hardheaded Rockchip thinking everyone should help them Kodi was specific code to the api. Hate to say it but I dont think they will magically solve in 7 They have to start coding to the api now. But seeing no player code released in the 3399 looks like they still have the same mind set. So Ill believe it when I see it.
                          I agree 100%. Rockchip is developing its own private api and decoder with RKcodec to the detriment of public api (mediacodec) standards compliance. Long story short, they'll end up the new AML, in a dead end just like AMCodec.

You shouldn't have to rely on private apis to accomplish what public apis already do. The user experience will never be maximized with this approach.

Comment

Actually RK is adding full Mediacodec support to their Nougat firmware, which is good news for everyone and stopping support for LP and MM over the next few months.
                            The mpp framework will also be open source to use.which is used in RK3229, RK3328 & RK3399.
                            But there is also Kodi that are behind the times and don't add new Mediacodec features.
                            You just have to add 4 characters to Kodi 17 code to comment a disabled function out to be able to play 10-bit h264 videos on Rockchip's new RK3229, RK3328, RK3399 devices.
                            But Kodi is not willing to do it otherwise it will break compatibility for other Android devices that don't support 10-bit h264.
                            At the moment 10-bit H264 plays by the CPU in slow motion and crash slow devices, by editing the code it will just show a black screen and not play in slow motion or crash on unsupported devices which is better than slow motion crashing and completely working on devices that support 10-bit h264.
                            Then there are also lots of Mediacodec code from Koying that hasn't even made it into Kodi 17.
                            There are also problems with Mediacodec with deinterlacing and VP9 support.

But it will take time before RK devices start to ship with Nougat and Kodi gets Android maintainers.
                            So it's a slow process but at least in the right direction.
                            Mo, I've been looking around for a bit. Is there step by step clear instructions on how to download RKMC? I've tried but I don't quite follow the instructions I have on hand. I have a MXQ Pro 4K Android 5.1.1 RK3229 chip. THe kodi installed won't allow me to install any builds on it at all or modify Kodi in any way and in general is just being a nightmare. Currently it has from what I can tell Kodi 16.1 Jarvis RC3 on it. When I open Kodi it tells me that there is a more stable version. I've upgraded Kodi to all the versions and I've tried SPMC and nothing works. All the same issue. I'm assuming it is due to the RK3229 chip as I have never run into this on an amlogic.

Comment

Originally posted by kodiboxjess View Post

Mo, I've been looking around for a bit. Is there step by step clear instructions on how to download RKMC? I've tried but I don't quite follow the instructions I have on hand. I have a MXQ Pro 4K Android 5.1.1 RK3229 chip. THe kodi installed won't allow me to install any builds on it at all or modify Kodi in any way and in general is just being a nightmare. Currently it has from what I can tell Kodi 16.1 Jarvis RC3 on it. When I open Kodi it tells me that there is a more stable version. I've upgraded Kodi to all the versions and I've tried SPMC and nothing works. All the same issue. I'm assuming it is due to the RK3229 chip as I have never run into this on an amlogic.
                              https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/RKMC/blob/Jarvis/RKMC-Build/rkmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug.apk

Just click the download button and you will get the APK ready to install.
                              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/RKMC/blob/Jarvis/RKMC-Build/rkmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug.apk

Just click the download button and you will get the APK ready to install.
                                I try to install that and it goes through the whole process. At the end it just says, App Not Installed. I give up. Thank you though for the link. MUCH appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X