Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RKMC - Rockchip is preparing their own official app based on KODI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kodiboxjess View Post

I try to install that and it goes through the whole process. At the end it just says, App Not Installed. I give up. Thank you though for the link. MUCH appreciated.
    If you have Kodi or another fork of it such as FTMC installed then you have to uninstall that first.

The only one that can exist at the same time is SPMC.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I'm using a very cheap android TV Box with RK3229, the factory image includes the Kodi app and it works very well, I believe is the same version from James Lin, I wonder when is RK official app be released.
      I cant do anything else on this cheap box, if I do then the video render performance degrades pretty bad. RK boxes need their own LibreElec version, and shouldn't bother creating the android app.

Comment

• mo123
        mo123 commented
        Editing a comment
        RK3328, RK3399 devices already support LibreElec.
        But I don't think there is work done for RK3229 at the moment as all the attention is on the newer devices.

have big troubles with playback of 23,976 fps Videos.
      after enabling the physical floating HDMI signal it doesnt work (see frame drops in video statistic) and have stuttering every 16 minutes. Have to disable/enable it again. No matter if enabling it after RKMC start or just start playback of an file and then enabling.
      Also after each start of RKMC i have to enable it again.
      From the log it seems this feature doesnt work !?
      00:28:05 T:18446744073234786592 WARNING: CSettingsManager: unable to load setting "videoplayer.rkmc.frachdmi"

try to enable it:
      00:30:02 T:18446744073234786592 WARNING: CSettingsManager: unable to save setting "videoplayer.rkmc.frachdmi"
      Log:
      Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

I have also reported this bug to JamesLinEngineer via email and on https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/RKMC/issues/33

I hope he can fix it asap.

Comment

Work on RKMC ceased many months ago, so I would not hold out much hope for a resolution.
        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by x7soc View Post
          have big troubles with playback of 23,976 fps Videos.
          after enabling the physical floating HDMI signal it doesnt work (see frame drops in video statistic) and have stuttering every 16 minutes. Have to disable/enable it again. No matter if enabling it after RKMC start or just start playback of an file and then enabling.
          Also after each start of RKMC i have to enable it again.
          From the log it seems this feature doesnt work !?
          00:28:05 T:18446744073234786592 WARNING: CSettingsManager: unable to load setting "videoplayer.rkmc.frachdmi"

try to enable it:
          00:30:02 T:18446744073234786592 WARNING: CSettingsManager: unable to save setting "videoplayer.rkmc.frachdmi"
          Log:
          Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

I have also reported this bug to JamesLinEngineer via email and on https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/RKMC/issues/33

I hope he can fix it asap.
          A new tv might solve your problem that support 24hz playback at 60hz signal by using it's own jutter reducing technology
          You can look at reviews here and read how the technology works.
          Films have always been shot in 24 frames per second (24p), but since modern TVs either have a refresh rate of 60Hz or 120Hz, this creates a problem.

If you have root, you can change RKMC's default system settings to enable frachdmi by default to stay like that.
          You can then also try adding FTMC as a system app and see if that works better.

Also using Rock64 firmware that is very broken on a Zidoo X7 with different hardware won't help and you will get no support from Zidoo posting logs not from their firmware.

It is also Chinese New Year so you might need to wait a week or two for any reply.

Comment

mhm. okay will try 60hz, have an Loewe Bild 4 (LG panel from 2017 but with Loewe own motion processing, have to test...)
            tried already this Image: Android 7.1.2 Stock Image [eMMC Boot] [Rooted] [20171204] but i cant create a folder....

so for the 60hz i have to Setup Media Center:
            disable adjust Display refresh Rate
            and enable motion Processing (have 3 steps) if needed
            Give it a try, not easy to get Smooth 24p Playback, Jesus
            Last edited by x7soc; 02-18-2018, 18:39.

Comment

Originally posted by x7soc View Post
              mhm. okay will try 60hz, have an Loewe Bild 4 (LG panel from 2017 but with Loewe own motion processing, have to test...)
              tried already this Image: Android 7.1.2 Stock Image [eMMC Boot] [Rooted] [20171204] but i cant create a folder....

so for the 60hz i have to Setup Media Center:
              disable adjust Display refresh Rate
              and enable motion Processing (have 3 steps) if needed
              Give it a try, not easy to get Smooth 24p Playback, Jesus
              Try this app:

Comment

Working...
              X