This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FTMC is built on Kodi sources.

It's all down to Rockchip to make the necessary changes.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Rockchip think they know better and marvelous code makers they are no need for the googe api coding they provide same flawed player support. So dont expect kodi to work unless re fixed to work with Rockchips crap player and cpu.... They cant even release proper fixes for firmware now and someine expects them to rewrite kodi to fix issues.... Sad.... But hear they getting out of tv boxes Amilogic must have beat them to death lol.... Someone predicted this a long time ago..... Not me but his initials are B.O.B

Old saying trick me once shame on you. Trick me twice shame on me... I learn slow but i do learn lol
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BidonX99 View Post
        When will the full hardware support RK3399? 4k1 (10bit x264) not work
        You have to use the latest RKMC patches to have it working on RK3399.
        The manufacturer of your device is a ship and forget one, so they won't release firmware updates to solve it.
        FTMC/RKMC with updated firmware supports 10-bit H264.
        Kodi 17 will never support 10-bit H264 as they say too few devices support it and they won't add support for that video format.
        The same with any other Android device that fully supports Kodi's API's, 10-bit H264 won't run on them except for their built-in video players as Kodi made a decision to not support that video format.

Comment

Well RK made again a shoot in the foot... lets see if its not their last on the tv box world....
          Monopoly is not good to anyone...!!!!!!

Comment

As FTMC is the only way to have an excellent KODI fork on RK devices (and I would say that in ArmLogic too; I'm finding too much problems and incompatibilities lately in SPMC that FTMC does not have) it's a really bad news that the project might have not much more days left.superceleron Can we (or I) do or help with something?? I would not like to throw my MK68 to the bin. Thanks!

Comment

will try to mantain it the for a bit more time dont worry, and when i stop i will upload the code to my github account

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
                will try to mantain it the for a bit more time dont worry, and when i stop i will upload the code to my github account
                @superceleron

May I suggest that you remove the RK specific settings options from your next Amlogic FTMC Build, if you make one. If not maybe just do the same for your current FTMC Amlogic Build 24 as well as for your AML Source current and future.

Thanks in advance, Love Your Work

Comment

I have stock rom on an MK8Pro. I tried to install FTMC 24 and it returned with "this app is incompatible with your device..." Does it mean TCMC only installs with SC3 (Yoka) rom? I'm pretty sure I installed FTMC before on 2 roms, though I can't remember which ones.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                    You have to use the latest RKMC patches to have it working on RK3399
                    My CSA96 burned down after 2 days during the tests. Waiting Yundoo Y8.
                    In RKMC the acceleration of RK3399 does not work either. Or patches should be installed separately?

Yundoo Y8 A6 [RK3399]

Comment

Originally posted by BidonX99 View Post
                      My CSA96 burned down after 2 days during the tests. Waiting Yundoo Y8.
                      In RKMC the acceleration of RK3399 does not work either. Or patches should be installed separately?
                      These patches are missing - https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/...399/Android6.0

Comment

Yes you need the firm with the correct patches!

Comment

Hello. I was trying to install the kodi krypton to my gt1 s912 and after installing it had problem. Can't connect with any repo etc... I open the unknown ... from addons settings. My firmware is super celeron b final not the last one. Is it out there a kodi compatible with my box? Super celeron do you make to the future ftmc based on krypton 17? I want it cause have support for https streams sites and now the results are poor on every movie etc. .. how I can make the original kodi to work on that box and one more question, any test already on rk boxes? Thanks

Comment

Updated 1ยบ post with build 25... added python 2.7 support etc etc...

Comment

He superceleron thank you this is great news thx thx thx

Comment

(I try version 24).

I have a problem:
                                sometime (I don't understand when) I see that video DROP FRAME for a video.

It seams like FTMC not use hardware acceleration so I try to change video acceleration in FTMC configuration, but NOTHING!

The only way to return to view the video without dropped frame, is to close and restart FTMC

Is this happened to other people ?

P.S.
                                I have a Beelink GT1, but I don't think that depends on the box
                                I will try version 25 soon

Comment

Working...
                                X