Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there and thanks for this very nice app like many others, I own an outdated tv box and FTMC is very nice on it. I only have a small or big problem with it, compared to XBMC: I can't see in the video list my serviio server, where I host my movie. Any hint? It works with Kodi and with SPMC

Comment

I'm getting an error that says "cannot download obb". Has anyone else had this issue?

Comment

fast forward or back forward look a bit anarchic too ... ?

Comment

Originally posted by mikele View Post
          possible!
          well im not touching ftmc for a bit, i found some problems in my nix filesystem dunno how it happen but appears to be affecting a lot of stuff i compile...!!
          I may need to start over a new install since this one its old(2015) already to many bad shutdowns etc....

Comment

Originally posted by mikele View Post
            Not only this; If it´s required to jump a couple minutes ahead during playing a movie, simply the playing stop and crash; not sure when this problem had started but it´s happening on this version 16.2.29

Comment

hello i was wondering if i see need to use auto framerate fix or frequency switcher when using this app or this feature is already added to this app ?

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
                hello i was wondering if i see need to use auto framerate fix or frequency switcher when using this app or this feature is already added to this app ?
                all depends on your box firmware!

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

all depends on your box firmware!
                  oh ok i'm using original beelink firmware i guess frequency switcher addon would work fine ?

Comment

oh ok i'm using original beelink firmware i guess frequency switcher addon would work fine ?
                    original... better try that addon!

Comment

original... better try that addon!
                      weird the addon only works when Adjust Display Refresh Rate is on in FTMC

Comment

weird the addon only works when Adjust Display Refresh Rate is on in FTMC
                        Yes is to works like that!

Comment

I'm still using SC 1.3C FW on my RKM MK68 and i have recently discovered that when using a "modern" TV (4 years old Samsung LED TV) the frame rate is changed when it starts playing something, without any addon installed for the purpose. It impressed me a lot.

In the latest versions of FTMC I have experienced random image/sound sync problems, specially when "5.1" appears in the OSD. Moving back 10s once or twice (sometimes) has solved it, and the sync problem is not constant, sometimes it happens at the playback start and sometimes continually during the playback, but it happens specially over SMB (as well as sudden and unexpected video stops). The SMB problem might have something to do with the 5Ghz WiFi instability of the box or FW, but it does reconnect automatically and the transfer rates are so high that more than 4K would be possible, so I'm not sure about the main reason.

Thank you very much for your work!
                          PS: I have been using my Confluence Zeitgeist MOD in all the FTMC versions without any problem. I'll have some free time on the next days, so if want and if you have detected problems with the skin MOD I'll take a look and try to fix them, because the author seems to have abandoned the Jarvis skin development.

Comment

Originally posted by kerenmac View Post
                            I'm still using SC 1.3C FW on my RKM MK68 and i have recently discovered that when using a "modern" TV (4 years old Samsung LED TV) the frame rate is changed when it starts playing something, without any addon installed for the purpose. It impressed me a lot.

In the latest versions of FTMC I have experienced random image/sound sync problems, specially when "5.1" appears in the OSD. Moving back 10s once or twice (sometimes) has solved it, and the sync problem is not constant, sometimes it happens at the playback start and sometimes continually during the playback, but it happens specially over SMB (as well as sudden and unexpected video stops). The SMB problem might have something to do with the 5Ghz WiFi instability of the box or FW, but it does reconnect automatically and the transfer rates are so high that more than 4K would be possible, so I'm not sure about the main reason.

Thank you very much for your work!
                            PS: I have been using my Confluence Zeitgeist MOD in all the FTMC versions without any problem. I'll have some free time on the next days, so if want and if you have detected problems with the skin MOD I'll take a look and try to fix them, because the author seems to have abandoned the Jarvis skin development.
                            well i think that FW its getting old you may need to update the libs manually.
                            And the sync problems should be fixed in build 30... Should...
                            About the skin, you used win to make the changes did you? i got some problems with permissions!
                            And you also need to check when you edit the files they are in unix format, i dint check that!

Comment

Do you think the sync issues could have anything to do with the strange chapter jumping behavior I mentioned?

I've had to go back to SPMC 16.4.2 which has its own host of problems (I've just had it corrupt its own settings again, which it seems to love to do :P ).

Edit: I've got another small request.

Would it be possible to incorporate the upscaling algorithms from SPMC the way you did the deinterlacing ones? Things like Lanczos3 and spline36 seem to be absent.
                              Last edited by elgarlic; 06-16-2017, 02:22.

Comment

well i think that FW its getting old you may need to update the libs manually.
                                And the sync problems should be fixed in build 30... Should...
                                About the skin, you used win to make the changes did you? i got some problems with permissions!
                                And you also need to check when you edit the files they are in unix format, i dint check that!
                                I don't understand what you mean with updating the libs (wifi libs? I did not know that it's possible to update them). It's an old FW, but very stable, and the box works really nicelly (much much better than the NEXBOX A95X with XannyTech FW).
                                I don't check permissions or the format, but normally I use SublimeText 3 (latest version) on MacOS "El Capitan", and "Keka" to make the zip file. I have never seen error messages on the kodi/ftmc log related with permissions. This problems are new for me, I'll look for information.

Comment

Working...
                                X