X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

Is there an FTMC version for windows?
    Last edited by rvf263; 08-11-2017, 06:53.

Comment

I thought I would separate my questions.

I love using FTMC. I use mostly on firesticks, some Android Boxes, and a Nvidea Shield. The problem I'm having is sometimes my backgrounds do not show up when I install FTMC. I was reading about setting the paths to special://home/ but I just can't seem to figure out how to properly set it up on a firestick. I don't seem to have a problem when using let's say kodi 17.3 windows version, then installing on a firestick, but I'm not able to set it up with FTMC like that.........Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Kodimailbox2017
        I don't know anything about what devs like you go through, all I can do is appreciate the work you do. If supporting Android 4 is holding you back on FTMC Krypton in any way, I humbly suggest ditching it (at least for the Rockchip version). Between FTMC, MyGiga, EBMC, NODI, and CEMC and at least few others that don't come to mind right away I think Android 4 is reasonably well covered. Especially given how old it is and how cheap it is to upgrade to a Android 5+ device for Kodi. Amlogic devices already have tons of options that work great too, whats not covered at all is a Krypton based Kodi fork that takes properly takes advantage of Rockchip hardware. Even powerful higher end Rockchip devices are really feeling the affects of being neglected software wise.
        As someone who has android 5.0+ devices and android 4.4 devices, I disagree with your statement. Those older devices work exceedingly well for streaming with kodi. The distinction is that for my AML powered android 5 boxes, I have a plethora of kodi options. For the older RK boxes, those options are very much slimmer.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

It all depends on what Kodi/FTMC etc are used for by an individual.

For many tasks they can all perform quite well enough.

It's when you get to the more advanced uses with new formats that deficiencies will be seen, many of which are the essential making of the SOC creators.
          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk
            It all depends on what Kodi/FTMC etc are used for by an individual.

For many tasks they can all perform quite well enough.

It's when you get to the more advanced uses with new formats that deficiencies will be seen, many of which are the essential making of the SOC creators.
            Perhaps, but a fair guess would be that 90+% of users simply use it for streaming & torrenting.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbonice View Post
              As someone who has android 5.0+ devices and android 4.4 devices, I disagree with your statement. Those older devices work exceedingly well for streaming with kodi. The distinction is that for my AML powered android 5 boxes, I have a plethora of kodi options. For the older RK boxes, those options are very much slimmer.

I think you misunderstood what I said...

Comment

Originally posted by jimbonice View Post

Agree with this particularly for general use.

I own the once famed Minix X8-H Plus which still works flawlessly well on 4.4.2. I tried the new release candidate firmware for Lollipop today and performance was generally unfavourable along with other firmware bugs which still need to be ironed out clearly.

The machine still plays 99% of files I throw at it without any issue and is perfect for my needs coupled with the excellent FTMC which I have grown to love (which is on all of my newer devices too). Big thanks to Super Celeron and Freaktab for their continued hard work and support.

Comment

Well looks like you guys going to get a build 31 after all LOL...

Comment

build 31 is kryptonite ? lol

Comment

• superceleron
                      superceleron commented
                      Editing a comment
                      nop is jarvis, kryptonite will have its own thread!

Originally posted by superceleron
                    Well looks like you guys going to get a build 31 after all LOL...
                    Yahoo!

Comment

what fork works in MXQ BOX for 17.3 and android 4.4.2

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEK6511 View Post
                        what fork works in MXQ BOX for 17.3 and android 4.4.2
                        Depends what is in the box, which I think in yours is an AMLogic chipset?

FTMC x86 = Intel boxes

FTMC Arm Rockchip = Rockchip specific boxes.

FTMC Arm General/AML = AMLogic specific/Any other boxes
                        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post

Depends what is in the box, which I think in yours is an AMLogic chipset?

FTMC x86 = Intel boxes

FTMC Arm Rockchip = Rockchip specific boxes.

FTMC Arm General/AML = AMLogic specific/Any other boxes
                          I think he meant what KODI 17.3 (!) works for Android 4.4.2 (And his crappy MXQ Box)...

The answer to that is .... NONE

Kodi 17+ = Android API 21 which is Android 5 Lolipop or above so NO Android 4.4 will be supported either with Mods or anything else from Kodi 17 Final till Kodi 99

Comment

The anwser is Ftmc is supported for 4.4 by Super Celeron.

17 and above will not work on 4.4. But Super Celeron has given life to these devices for long time now.
                            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

hi.
                              i realy like FTMC...but ive tried it on my old minix neo x7 and there is no chance to get passthrough with hdmi oO
                              inside ftmc theres no chance to change the audio device, only "Android, audiotrack" i can see in grey,nothing to change.
                              channels are 2.0 , passtrhough activated

firmware is last official 250 minix

setting:

Loudspeakercable 5.1 ---> Loudspeaker (only sound)
                              ^
                              I
                              I
                              pioneer vsx 921k<<<----minix neo x7<<<---asus router<<---nas 5 hdds
                              I
                              I
                              v
                              hdmi--->led-tv (only image)

i thought ftmc is able to make passthrough working on x7 like spmc 16.1.2 witk rk support do (btw-->>hardwareguru mentioned spmc 16.1.4 compiling...long time ago...but ive never found any 16.1.4 spmc with rk-support...where is it oO?)

inside android i set "hdmi-bitstream."
                              with spmc 16.1.2 rk-support - its working with the audio device "rk-multichannel 5.1.....something like that"

any chance to get passthrough working?
                              thx in advance

edit: ive laso tried ebox 4.4 media center and all the other stuff wich makes kodi 17 possible on 4.4 android,no chance,every time audio device is in grey and not changeable

edit2: ok....found the problem ->> neo x7 has rk3188....as far as i can see ftmc supports rk up to rk32.. .....so no hw and passthrough ;D
                              thats my opinion ..am i right?
                              Last edited by dermuggi; 08-25-2017, 08:01.

Comment

Working...
                              X