X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suppenkasper
    replied
    Could anyone pleaep provide an instruction how to install ftmc as a system app?

I have a lol of different Rockchip 3229, Rockchip 3228, Amlogic S812, S905x and S912 devices.

On my rooted Rk3229 devices with FTMC and Android 6 everyevery works well. But on my unrooted I can only play x265 and 4k with internal players without sound.

This is really annoying. So maybe even if the project is unfunfortunat not being continued someone could give a good inatrinstru to install FTMC as a system app and being able to play with internal players with sound.

As a system app I understood that I can continue using rkcodec.

Please provide this and I am sure you make a lot of people happy and the complaining will stop.

Thank you very much for all the done and future support!

Superceleron and mo123 were a stunning support-team for ftmc and everyone appreciate what you did for all the unhappy owners!

Leave a comment:

• tosu
    replied
    Originally posted by JR365 View Post
    if amcodec support is important to some... why not just use the alpha version of spmc 17.6? seems like a good option
    I have tried smpc again. I remember because I stopped using it, because I could not browse the smpc menu while watching a background video. When I go to the media center menu, the video stops. This problem does not have kodi or ftmc.
    The problem that sound does not work with bluetooth speakers also has it. It seems that Ftmc inherited that spmc failure, kodi does not have this failure.
    Also, Spmc is slower, heavier, less agile. When you move the cursor with the command through the addons, the response is slow. It takes time to change. In ftmc it is instantaneous.

But it works with problematic files. I use the last version that appeared and I leave it configured like this, activated the acceleration media codec, media codec (surface) and amcodec activated. If I deactivate amcodec acceleration, the video slows down as in Ftmc or Kodi

Bad news, I tried kodi18 alpha and also has the problem with the video.
    Everyone has less Spmc.
    The developer has also abandoned the project and Spmc will not release new versions.

I tried the reproduction with an external one but it is a limited option and it does not work for me. If I look for the video file with Mx and play, it works. If I look for it with ftmc and choose mx to play, the mx player opens but it gives me an error and it can not be seen.

Leave a comment:

• tosu
    replied
    Originally posted by mo123 View Post

I think it would be better if Amlogic just started to support Kodi 18, then everything would just work.
    No need then for any amlcodecs anymore with all sorts of video bugs on different Kodi's.

You can't just update a codec, Kodi consists of over 50000 source code files that all work together, you can't just replace a compiled file, it would fail to open and install.
    Kodi 18 also has a complete rewrite of the video engine, so it will be nearly impossible to port old Kodi 16 video code hacks to Kodi 18 and it would take a lot of time if someone manages to do it.
    You can setup FTMC or Kodi 18 with an external player like MXPlayer if it would improve video playback for you and sometimes it can help.
    Bad news. So, we should not buy tvbox with Amlogic chips, what tv box do we buy? nor Amlogic, nor rockchip.

I have tried kodi 17.6, MyGica media center and I have the same problems. If I set and accelerate video amcodec, the image comes out with green and pink boxes. If I deactivate the acceleration amcodec the image slows down and the sound is advanced. I will try Spmc but I did it before installing Ftmc and I liked this last one, for me it is much better. Ftmc uses less cpu and memory.

How can I choose to play with "external player"? I can not find it. At some point and leaving the button pushed appears 2 players but they are interns. One of them works and the other does not.
    I use addons that directly reproduce internet videos, via streaming or torrent, and this problem forces me to download the full video and store it. I lose the comfort of these functions or addons.

Leave a comment:

• JR365
    replied
    if amcodec support is important to some... why not just use the alpha version of spmc 17.6? seems like a good option

Leave a comment:

• mo123
    replied
    Originally posted by tosu View Post
    By removing the problem of the bluetooth and codec we can continue to use ftmc.
    If along the way we can fix some problem better. And if we can update the codec, we would have ftmc for a long time.
    I do not understand all this but if there was a small tutorial to be able to adapt ftmc to the new codec it would be very good. So FTMC will not die
    Could someone tell us if you can update the video codec? Maybe adding to the lib folder? Where do we find the codec?
    The andorid MX player works well with files that ftmc does not. In some mkv I have slowdown and delayed sound, in mpeg2 to 1080p sound cuts of 0.1 seconds every few minutes. I have AmLogic s905x and s905d

Anyway, we are still hoping that someday you will have time to revive it and come up with a version about kodi18. It would no longer make sense to get her out of Kodi17.
    I think it would be better if Amlogic just started to support Kodi 18, then everything would just work.
    No need then for any amlcodecs anymore with all sorts of video bugs on different Kodi's.

You can't just update a codec, Kodi consists of over 50000 source code files that all work together, you can't just replace a compiled file, it would fail to open and install.
    Kodi 18 also has a complete rewrite of the video engine, so it will be nearly impossible to port old Kodi 16 video code hacks to Kodi 18 and it would take a lot of time if someone manages to do it.
    You can setup FTMC or Kodi 18 with an external player like MXPlayer if it would improve video playback for you and sometimes it can help.

Leave a comment:

• tosu
    replied
    By removing the problem of the bluetooth and codec we can continue to use ftmc.
    If along the way we can fix some problem better. And if we can update the codec, we would have ftmc for a long time.
    I do not understand all this but if there was a small tutorial to be able to adapt ftmc to the new codec it would be very good. So FTMC will not die
    Could someone tell us if you can update the video codec? Maybe adding to the lib folder? Where do we find the codec?
    The andorid MX player works well with files that ftmc does not. In some mkv I have slowdown and delayed sound, in mpeg2 to 1080p sound cuts of 0.1 seconds every few minutes. I have AmLogic s905x and s905d

Anyway, we are still hoping that someday you will have time to revive it and come up with a version about kodi18. It would no longer make sense to get her out of Kodi17.

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    replied
    Originally posted by graf View Post

I can absolutely agree with what tosu said. I think Kodi community needs a fork like FTMC !

The FTMC is something a bit like Linux vs. Windows in some perspectives:
    • it uses less resources (CPU & memory), which means it supports older hardware.
    • It also supports older OS, so it's a savior for older ARM boxes laying around and being left behind by latest Kodi develompent.
    • Additionally, it has RK codec support integrated, so the performance for low-budget RK SoC devices is much better than with Kodi "vanilla".
    Wrapped up: it enables the low-end devices to still enjoy most of the latest multimedia and security technologies. Best multimedia soft for the poor...

With SPMC development stopped FTMC is our best bet. So I hope there is still chance you will have some spare time.
    I am willing to help as far as my free time allows. I am a PHP/C++ developer, some Python knowledge, but with small to none Android development experience. So if that counts, I'm in
    Well you can have a go with it, the source is available in the 1ยบ page
    But is getting to its limits.
    About my time.. its hard really it is when i started this i was unemployed ... so i had plenty of time for all, now im working and this work takes lots of my time(sometimes as long as 17h work...) and i have a family that i also need to attend to... so something need to be left behind and sadly is this since i had to choose, this or rom making and i choose rom making.
    That is why i open my private git with the latest changes i did, maybe someone want to continue my work

Leave a comment:

• mikele
    replied
    PLEASE DO NO STOP FTMC DEVELOPMENT ! (which is far BETTER than spmc....) THANK YOU !!!

Leave a comment:

• graf
    replied
    Originally posted by tosu View Post
    I think we can all say that we would like you to continue with the development of ftmc.
    It's the best I've tried and it consumes less resources. I've been following this post for a while waiting for a new version because lately some video is played regularly with jumps, audio delays, etc. These things do not happen with another android player like mx. I understand that it is by codecs. There is also a problem with bluetooth sound that I mentioned some time ago.
    That's why we hope you find time to continue with ftmc and update it. Is there any way to manually enter new codec or versions?
    If you can not find it, we also thank you for giving us the opportunity to enjoy ftmc until now.
    I can absolutely agree with what tosu said. I think Kodi community needs a fork like FTMC !

The FTMC is something a bit like Linux vs. Windows in some perspectives:
    • it uses less resources (CPU & memory), which means it supports older hardware.
    • It also supports older OS, so it's a savior for older ARM boxes laying around and being left behind by latest Kodi develompent.
    • Additionally, it has RK codec support integrated, so the performance for low-budget RK SoC devices is much better than with Kodi "vanilla".
    Wrapped up: it enables the low-end devices to still enjoy most of the latest multimedia and security technologies. Best multimedia soft for the poor...

With SPMC development stopped FTMC is our best bet. So I hope there is still chance you will have some spare time.
    I am willing to help as far as my free time allows. I am a PHP/C++ developer, some Python knowledge, but with small to none Android development experience. So if that counts, I'm in

Leave a comment:

• tosu
    replied
    Originally posted by superceleron View Post
    it all depends of my free time.
    I think we can all say that we would like you to continue with the development of ftmc.
    It's the best I've tried and it consumes less resources. I've been following this post for a while waiting for a new version because lately some video is played regularly with jumps, audio delays, etc. These things do not happen with another android player like mx. I understand that it is by codecs. There is also a problem with bluetooth sound that I mentioned some time ago.
    That's why we hope you find time to continue with ftmc and update it. Is there any way to manually enter new codec or versions?
    If you can not find it, we also thank you for giving us the opportunity to enjoy ftmc until now.

Leave a comment:

• graf
    replied
    superceleron Thanks for your fast reply, I am sorry to hear that you have given up the project. But thanks for providing all the coding and support up until now !!

Thanks for the tip about the need to set the FTMC as a system app. I didn't know about that ... I will try that too, now I have to find the proper instructions to do that

Leave a comment:

• superceleron
    commented on 's reply
    sorry but my dev on this is stopped.
    But you need to add FTMC as system app the rk codec work ok... ye i know is a pain but the problem is in the android 7 rk sdk...

• graf
    replied
    Hi superceleron ! if you still have some spare time for bugfixes, I have a (probable) bug-report.

It is about the latest FTMC (Arm Rockchip 16.2.31) + V88 4K box (RK3229) + latest Android 7.1 ROM.
    • with the RKCodec enabled in system config the FTMC crashes whenever I try to play video.
    • with RKCodec disabled only 1080p@25 plays correctly. It is unable to realtime decode and play 1080@30 and 1080@60
    • with Kodi 17.6 official the playing experience is even worse than with FTMC, so all my hopes are in FTMC bug being found and fixed
    • the same movies play flawlessly in the Android build native Media Center player, which comes with the ROM
    All the tests were made with Big Buck Bunny video files from http://bbb3d.renderfarming.net

If you need any more information I'd be happy to provide them.

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• JoseM
    replied
    Originally posted by keror0 View Post

I am using Asus Thinker Board, RK3288 w/Android 6.0.1, I found FTMC having serious color washed out for all kind of videos even with h.264 10bit or hevc 10bit, etc. No such problem with KODI 17 from the Play Store.
    try SPMC

Leave a comment:

• keror0
    replied
    Originally posted by suppenkasper View Post

Hey mo123,

thanks for your answer. Unfortunately a lot of RK3328 and RK3229 Devices don't know what you say. I can't get a smooth acceleration of H264 and MPEG2 Material. It is always a bit laggy and not smooth. So I guess it's not only me who hopes that superceleron will continue his GREAT WORK. With his app it's possible to play smooth a lot of material in 4k even on RK3229 Devices!
    I am using Asus Thinker Board, RK3288 w/Android 6.0.1, I found FTMC having serious color washed out for all kind of videos even with h.264 10bit or hevc 10bit, etc. No such problem with KODI 17 from the Play Store.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X