This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nik1975 View Post
    Is there any possibility to install ftmc to windows as a portable version?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    As awesome as it is for Android, going for FTMC on PC is kinda redundant and probably more trouble than its worth, You have a quite few options on the PC side of things tho. I've seen some tutorial videos on how to make the official Kodi portable meaning you can have multiple kodi builds on it if thats what you want. You can also install KATO which is a free Krypton fork for windows. There is also the Jesus box media fork of krypton for PC which is paid but its only like $1 if i remember correctly. Then there are quite a few ways to run Android on PC and just run Kodi, its forks and other Android apps as normal for the most part. You can dual boot a Android OS like Remix OS alongside windows or you can use Android inside of windows with a good Android emulator like AmiDuos, MEMU or Nox.

Comment

Saludos a todo el mundo, ya somos uno mas

Comment

As I am using Superceleron's ROM on my GT1 I tried to use FTMC many times. However any time I am using FTMC with IPTV Simple addon after 4-5 hours of usage the streams get to stumble and begin to buffer each 10 seconds. It seems as some kind of buffer gets filled and not emptied.
        Has someone else experienced this behavior?

Comment

Originally posted by tenoce View Post
          As I am using Superceleron's ROM on my GT1 I tried to use FTMC many times. However any time I am using FTMC with IPTV Simple addon after 4-5 hours of usage the streams get to stumble and begin to buffer each 10 seconds. It seems as some kind of buffer gets filled and not emptied.
          Has someone else experienced this behavior?
          Sounds like typical IPTV drawbacks to me. 4 to 5 hours of use before problems sounds like a awesome IPTV setup to me haha

Comment

Originally posted by Kodimailbox2017 View Post

Sounds like typical IPTV drawbacks to me. 4 to 5 hours of use before problems sounds like a awesome IPTV setup to me haha
            Maybe, however never experienced with original Kodi even aft 10-11 hours of consecutive tv watching.

Comment

Alguien sabe donde encontrar la apk FTMC kyron 17 para Android 4.4.2????
              Gracias!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Xufykick View Post
                Alguien sabe donde encontrar la apk FTMC kyron 17 para Android 4.4.2????
                Gracias!!!
                Primero: El idioma del foro es ingles!
                Segundo: Por ahora no hay un fork de Krypton de FTMC, entonces no es posible de bajarle.

Comment

Does this FTMC support HDR pass through?

Comment

Hello does any one knows address list for automatic update ftmc, just want to block from my router . Thanks

Comment

I'm having an issue in my Tanix TX2-R2.
                      Box has RK3229 with 2GB/16GB. More info here: https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_636793.html

I'm using FTMC on the box (a super thank you superceleron for his awesome work. "Obrigadão, de tuga pa tuga ".)
                      Thanks to FTMC, I was able to overcome the issue where KODI did not perform hardware acceleration.
                      However, when I play certain files, in this case, a MKV file with 1280x720 HEVC AAC specs, certain parts of playback get buffering issues.
                      I'm playing this directly from the internal 16GB of the box, so no network issues here.
                      I played around with the advanced settings, since the box has 2GB RAM I increased the usage cache RAM to 500MB, and tried to tweaker other buffer mode settings, but to no success in overcoming the issue.

The box is supposed to handle 4K, yet, in playing this simple 1280x720 HEVC file, it gets buffering issues?!?

I noticed that the buffering happens in very specific parts of playback, always at the same "points" of the film/movie.
                      More specifically: (and I hope i'm explaining this right) my speculation is that, if the next few seconds/frames have very variant and different scenarios in the playing (ex: sudden changes in the environment of the film, brutal change of colors, etc etc..) this will happen. It reminds me of the GOP structure (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_of_pictures).
                      Using this structure, it's like when the video/film/movie gets to a part that has multiple I frames in a row, the buffer will not be enough to continue fluid playback, and will get the buffering issues.

However, I do not believe this to be a RAM issue, since 500MB of RAM is pretty much RAM!
                      So my bet would be either on the CPU or GPU.
                      And in this point, I have a question? Does hardware acceleration on FTMC use CPU or GPU? or Both?

Anyways, I was hoping that someone could shed some light into this matter...

I also tried another box, this time a X96mini, with a amlogic S905W CPU, but this is even worse...
                      To start, the freaking box comes with Android 7, meaning, no support for hardware acceleration from amcodec...
                      Then, to make it worse, I can't find no way to downgrade from Android 7 to Android 6. I find firmware for S905(x), but nothing for this specific box... Not even a build from MBox from the official Amlogic website...
                      And moreover, not directly related, the thing comes with a 64-bit CPU, in a 32-bit OS! Then... Why the 64-bit CPU? Useless... ... Beats me...
                      Anyways, in this last one, it's even worse... If I try to use FTMC or SPMC, I can't use hardware acceleration option, because on both players, it crashes right on playback start...
                      Only software renders works.. And we all know how that stutters to hell in these CPUs...
                      So I just gave up on that one...

So, sorry for the long post... Can any one shed me some light?

Comment

Originally posted by MDashK View Post
                        I'm having an issue in my Tanix TX2-R2.
                        Box has RK3229 with 2GB/16GB. More info here: https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_636793.html

I'm using FTMC on the box (a super thank you superceleron for his awesome work. "Obrigadão, de tuga pa tuga ".)
                        Thanks to FTMC, I was able to overcome the issue where KODI did not perform hardware acceleration.
                        However, when I play certain files, in this case, a MKV file with 1280x720 HEVC AAC specs, certain parts of playback get buffering issues.
                        I'm playing this directly from the internal 16GB of the box, so no network issues here.
                        I played around with the advanced settings, since the box has 2GB RAM I increased the usage cache RAM to 500MB, and tried to tweaker other buffer mode settings, but to no success in overcoming the issue.

The box is supposed to handle 4K, yet, in playing this simple 1280x720 HEVC file, it gets buffering issues?!?

I noticed that the buffering happens in very specific parts of playback, always at the same "points" of the film/movie.
                        More specifically: (and I hope i'm explaining this right) my speculation is that, if the next few seconds/frames have very variant and different scenarios in the playing (ex: sudden changes in the environment of the film, brutal change of colors, etc etc..) this will happen. It reminds me of the GOP structure (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Group_of_pictures).
                        Using this structure, it's like when the video/film/movie gets to a part that has multiple I frames in a row, the buffer will not be enough to continue fluid playback, and will get the buffering issues.

However, I do not believe this to be a RAM issue, since 500MB of RAM is pretty much RAM!
                        So my bet would be either on the CPU or GPU.
                        And in this point, I have a question? Does hardware acceleration on FTMC use CPU or GPU? or Both?

Anyways, I was hoping that someone could shed some light into this matter...

I also tried another box, this time a X96mini, with a amlogic S905W CPU, but this is even worse...
                        To start, the freaking box comes with Android 7, meaning, no support for hardware acceleration from amcodec...
                        Then, to make it worse, I can't find no way to downgrade from Android 7 to Android 6. I find firmware for S905(x), but nothing for this specific box... Not even a build from MBox from the official Amlogic website...
                        And moreover, not directly related, the thing comes with a 64-bit CPU, in a 32-bit OS! Then... Why the 64-bit CPU? Useless... ... Beats me...
                        Anyways, in this last one, it's even worse... If I try to use FTMC or SPMC, I can't use hardware acceleration option, because on both players, it crashes right on playback start...
                        Only software renders works.. And we all know how that stutters to hell in these CPUs...
                        So I just gave up on that one...

So, sorry for the long post... Can any one shed me some light?
                        Well you need to invest in a better box m8, this budget boxes are not good... and yes i know.. i always try to stay away from the S905W and the 3229 they are really not good chips.
                        Did you know that the ram address on s905w is 16bits... LOL...
                        Well... did you try to enable the RKCodec? if yes try using a external usb stick and if it continues well that emmc on that box is bad really bad...
                        Is all i can think now!

Comment

Yes, the RKCodec was enabled on boxes.
                          On the Amlogic one, it makes the box crash. XD
                          Well, I can try the specific MKV file on mhy externa USB 3.0 hard drive (altough it will only use 2.0, due to the port of the box) but I remember trying to play another file that I have from that disc, and it was even worse at the time, so... XD

Guess I'll have to be able to live with the usual "buffering" then. Xp

Comment

Yes, the RKCodec was enabled on boxes.
                            On the Amlogic one, it makes the box crash. XD
                            Well, I can try the specific MKV file on mhy externa USB 3.0 hard drive (altough it will only use 2.0, due to the port of the box) but I remember trying to play another file that I have from that disc, and it was even worse at the time, so... XD

Guess I'll have to be able to live with the usual "buffering" then. Xp
                            Post the sample video for others to try.
                            You can also post a FTMC or Kodi log with all debugging enabled to better see where the problem lies.
                            But it is probably poorly supported firmware and low quality components that contribute to the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Post the sample video for others to try.
                              You can also post a FTMC or Kodi log with all debugging enabled to better see where the problem lies.
                              But it is probably poorly supported firmware and low quality components that contribute to the problem.
                              Logs from SPMC can be found here: https://github.com/koying/SPMC/issues/1073
                              I'll see if I can post FTMC logs later on.
                              The MKV file in use can be found here: https://doki.co/2017/05/11/saenai-he...ekata-flat-04/
                              720p: [Doki] Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Flat - 04 (1280x720 HEVC AAC) [FDE4473C].mkv
                              Buffering occurs specially in the intro music and ending music sequences.

Comment

Logs from SPMC can be found here: https://github.com/koying/SPMC/issues/1073
                                I'll see if I can post FTMC logs later on.
                                The MKV file in use can be found here: https://doki.co/2017/05/11/saenai-he...ekata-flat-04/
                                720p: [Doki] Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Flat - 04 (1280x720 HEVC AAC) [FDE4473C].mkv
                                Buffering occurs specially in the intro music and ending music sequences.
                                Try Kodi 18 nightly.

Comment

Working...
                                X