X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baalisoda View Post
    Hi,

I have just ordered H96 Max (4GB Ram/32GB Rom version) with Rockchip 3399 SOC, awaiting its delivery.

Will the latest Kodi (krypton) with manual installing/tweaking of addons sufficient for playing 10 bit H265 videos? or Should I need install FTMC for that?

If I have to give FTMC a try, then which version should I download (as the opening page contains FTMC based on Jarvis which was Kodi 16 version while the current one is krypton and soforth) ?

Much appreciate any help on this.

Cheers!
    better use FTMC (Arm Rockchip 16.2.31) but you need to install it as system app in order to work properly

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post

better use FTMC (Arm Rockchip 16.2.31) but you need to install it as system app in order to work properly
      Thanks for the heads-up.

I have one more query (if you can answer),

Does H96 Max come rooted by default? If so, will it be enough for me to use ES file explorer to install FTMC as System app?

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by baalisoda View Post

Thanks for the heads-up.

I have one more query (if you can answer),

Does H96 Max come rooted by default? If so, will it be enough for me to use ES file explorer to install FTMC as System app?

Cheers!
        yes firmware is pre-rooted

Comment

Thanks JoseM for the clarification

Comment

I got it run on Android 5.1 with Rkcodec after exchange the two files in /system/lib libffmpeg.so and librkffplayer.so from here https://github.com/JamesLinEngineer/...22x/Android5.1

Now 720p live tv works but unpredictable tearing with 1080i chammels. Sometimes it runs smoothly and sometimes it like deinterlaced pictures to see.

4k does not work with Rkcodec, just black or a green screen

Any ideas or susuggestions to solve the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post

Hello, how would I accomplish this? Is it mandatory no matter the android version? Cheers...

Comment

Originally posted by gabardal View Post

Hello, how would I accomplish this? Is it mandatory no matter the android version? Cheers...
                For Android Nougat and higher if you have 'disaster' firmware.
                You must be rooted to do it.

Comment

hi there everyone!
                  I have a mecool m8s pro w (which I have regretted to buy it because it's a really shitty box) and I'm facing a problem trying to test FTMC version. I downloaded the "FTMC Arm General/AML 16.2.31 -> Arm General/AML 16.2.31" apk, installed, configured it with my IPTV playlist but when I click to choose a channel, it instantly closes and the error message "ftmc has been close" pops up. I also tried to play video files from my external hard disk but it happens the same.
                  idk what's wrong, can someone help me with this? thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by earthwalkerpt View Post
                    hi there everyone!
                    I have a mecool m8s pro w (which I have regretted to buy it because it's a really shitty box) and I'm facing a problem trying to test FTMC version. I downloaded the "FTMC Arm General/AML 16.2.31 -> Arm General/AML 16.2.31" apk, installed, configured it with my IPTV playlist but when I click to choose a channel, it instantly closes and the error message "ftmc has been close" pops up. I also tried to play video files from my external hard disk but it happens the same.
                    idk what's wrong, can someone help me with this? thank you very much!
                    You have to add it a a system app, not install it since the Amloigic firmware doesn't have correct permissions to load the Amlogic video codec files used for video playback.

Comment

ok. so can you tell me, is that something easy to do? can you give a kind of tutorial I should follow? thanks

Comment

I really like this build, works so well, so good, but I like the Kodi 17 Estuary skin look, isn't possible to have it here ? Thanks.

Comment

• mo123
                          mo123 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I use the Jarvis Estuary skin for RKMC in my firmwares, so it's possible.

mo123 can you show me how ? please. I used one but wasn't that close to the kodi 17 one, kinda weird.

Comment

QUOTE=DiogoSilva48;n733143]mo123 can you show me how ? please. I used one but wasn't that close to the kodi 17 one, kinda weird.[/QUOTE]

Check if this link works

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
                            QUOTE=DiogoSilva48;n733143]mo123 can you show me how ? please. I used one but wasn't that close to the kodi 17 one, kinda weird.
                            Check if this link works
                            https://kod1help.com/kod1/7.%20SKINS...20size%204mb)/[/QUOTE]

Yes, Thanks.

Comment

Ftmc is dead? I can't install some addons like placenta or gaia

Comment

Working...
                              X